Dengue Vaccines Market
Dengue Vaccines Market (Category: Live Attenuated Vaccines, Chimeric Live Attenuated Vaccines, and Others; Product: CYD-TDV [Dengvaxia] and Others; Route of Administration: Subcutaneous and Others; and End User: Government Institutes, Specialty Clinics, Hospitals, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
- 200 Pages
Potential Inverse Correlation Between Dengue & COVID-19
Researchers at the Duke University, Oswaldo Cruz Foundation, University of Sao Paulo, and Federal University of Paraiba are stating that immunization with a dengue vaccine could be protective against the COVID-19 infection. It has been found that there were several million cases of dengue fever between January 2019 and July 2020 in Brazil. Those regions where people had high antibody levels for dengue fever had low incidences of coronavirus cases, compounded with a low infection rate and mortality. Such findings are keeping economies running in the dengue vaccines market during the pandemic.
As COVID-19 vaccines have been launched in several countries, vaccine safety communication has become more relevant than ever. Companies in the dengue vaccines market are creating awareness about the dengue vaccine controversy of Philippines in 2016 to facilitate efficient inoculation of COVID-19 and other antiviral vaccines.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Dengue Vaccines Market
Companies Focus on R&D to Develop Licensed Vaccine for All Four Dengue Serotypes
The development of dengue vaccines is potentially challenging, since the virus has antigenically four different serotypes. Companies in the dengue vaccines market are acquiring a strong research base to develop vaccines that are ideal for all four serotypes at the same time. The complex immunopathology of dengue has led to complications in vaccine development.
Dengue vaccines have also been challenged with critical issues such as lack of animal models for the disease and dearth of suitable markers for protective immunity. Several vaccine candidates are in the pipeline for its development with increased emphasis on live attenuated virus vaccines, subunit vaccines, and live chimeric virus vaccines, among others. As such, the Butantan/Merck vaccine is being highly publicized for containing three full-genomes of the four dengue virus serotypes.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Sequential Vaccination Proving More Safe, Effective than Existing Tetravalent Vaccine
In order to improve tetravalent protection, there has been a growing awareness for sequential vaccination in addition to a heterologous prime-boost approach. Companies in the dengue vaccines market are expected to collaborate with researchers such as at the Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART), who are capitalizing on the opportunity to make sequential vaccination more safe and effective than the existing tetravalent vaccine. Due to absence of research in animal models, companies are anticipated to find practical ways to induce strong and broad immunity to the dengue virus based on proof-of-concept studies in mice.
The dengue vaccines market is estimated to advance at a robust CAGR of 11% during the forecast period. Companies are increasing their research on the basis of Dengvaxia, which consists of four variant dengue antigens.
Incremental Opportunities in Asia Pacific Encourage Regulatory Submissions for Dengue Vaccine Candidates
The dengue vaccines market is projected to cross US$ 1.4 Bn by 2031. Takeda - a Japan-based multinational pharmaceutical company has begun its regulatory submissions for dengue vaccine candidate, TAK-003, in the EU (European Union) and dengue-endemic countries including Brazil, Indonesia, and Mexico. Other competitor companies are taking cues from such developments and increasing efforts to conduct parallel assessment of medicinal products to innovate in vaccines.
Companies in the dengue vaccines market are increasing the focus on the development of vaccines that can act in the prevention of dengue in individual ages from four to 60 years. They are unlocking growth opportunities in Malaysia, Thailand, and Singapore, among other countries. This is evident since Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the highest revenue share among all regions in the market during the assessment period.
R&D Becomes Deciding Factor for Greater Acceptability of Dengue Vaccines
The commitment to R&D for vaccine development is emerging as one of the most crucial strategies to gain a competitive edge in the dengue vaccines market. Continuous research holds promising potentials for the development of next-gen dengue, malaria, and tuberculosis vaccines. The R&D has become the need of the hour, since greater acceptability, improved production, and cost effectiveness of dengue vaccines are key deciding factors for its success in the market landscape.
The Developing Countries Vaccine Manufacturers Network (DCVMN) is gaining popularity for its growing capacity and willingness to effectively advance vaccine clinical development. Network members linked with the dengue vaccines market are boosting their production capacities to combat high incidence of dengue and other regional infectious diseases in patients.
Access to Safe, Effective Dengue Vaccine Candidates Benefits Endemic Countries
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), dengue represents one of the 10 biggest global health threats. Panacea Biotec - a global generic and specialty pharmaceutical and vaccine maker registered in India has announced the successful completion of phase I/II study of its novel tetravalent recombinant chimeric dengue candidate vaccine DengiAll. Companies in the dengue vaccines market are taking cues from such news, and making efforts to increase access to safe and effective dengue vaccine candidates to minimize the devastating impact of dengue fever in endemic countries such as Colombia, Sri Lanka, and Argentina.
Companies in the dengue vaccines market are innovating in vaccine candidates that induce robust, balanced, and neutralizing antibody response against all four dengue virus serotypes.
Funding Programs Encourage Indo-U.S. Dengue Vaccine Development
The Department of Biotechnology in India is being highly publicized for making concerted efforts to strengthen vaccine R&D through their Vaccine Action Program. Companies in the India dengue vaccines market are taking advantage of this opportunity to participate in the Human Immunology Project Consortium (HIPC) Collaboration, which is a funding program to promote India-U.S. collaborative R&D on human immunophenotyping in the context of infectious diseases and vaccine development.
India’s market for dengue vaccines is undergoing a critical change with the help of National Expert Groups and Indo-U.S. Vaccine Action Program. Stakeholders are gaining awareness about such collaborative initiatives, which are helping to take major strides toward vaccine development for diseases including malaria and dengue. The International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB) involving drug major Sun Pharma is using recombinant EDIII- based sub-unit dengue vaccine candidate to develop injectable vaccines.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Prior immunization with dengue vaccine holds promising potentials to increase antibodies in individuals and prevent the contraction of the coronavirus infection. Although some vaccine candidates are transitioning from animal trials to phase II and III in humans, several issues regarding dengue vaccine implementation in countries such as India need to be addressed. Thus, companies in the India and global dengue vaccines market should capitalize on collaborative efforts made by regulatory bodies, including the WHO, with policy makers in order to standardize field trials for safe and efficacious dengue vaccines. The Indo-U.S. Vaccine Action Program is gaining increased popularity for improvising the current understanding of vaccine science.
Dengue Vaccines Market: Overview
- Dengue is a mosquito-borne disease that has majorly affected the tropical and subtropical regions of the world. The disease is caused by four closely resembled deadly viruses (DEN 1, DEN 2, DEN 3, and DEN 4). Like other viral diseases, there is no treatment for dengue fever, but it could be treated if attended in time. Scientists have still not been able to develop a proper vaccine for dengue, as the virus is highly complicated to cure.
- Some of the symptoms of dengue include bleeding, bone pain, severe nausea, headaches, rashes, and even death. The virus could last for up to 10 days in human body and leads to loss of life if not assisted medically. Nearly 390 million people are infected by dengue each year in 120 countries, especially in Latin America, Southeast Asia, and Africa. Hence, in order to cure dengue, a proper vaccine would play a vital role in control of the disease.
- Dengue vaccines are used to prevent dengue fever in humans. Dengue vaccine is only recommended in patients who had a history of dengue fever. It is delivered as three injections over a year.
- Increase in cases of dengue is projected to fuel the growth of the global dengue vaccines market during the forecast period. According to the Pan American Health Organization, around 1,191,815 cases of dengue were reported, of which 546,589 were laboratory-confirmed and 5,599 were segregated as severe dengue in the Americas between the epidemiological week 1 and 22 of 2019.
- In 2019, The Western Pacific region reported over 375,000 suspected cases of which, the Philippines reported 176,411 and Malaysia reported 100,028. Rise in prevalence of dengue has driven demand for vaccines, which is anticipated to augment the dengue vaccines market in the near future.
- Moreover, R&D on live attenuated vaccines is expected to boost the global market. For instance, in May 2019, the U.S. FDA approved Dengvaxia for the prevention of dengue caused by all types of dengue virus serotypes. Dengvaxia is a live attenuated tetravalent chimeric vaccine made using the recombinant DNA technology.
Market Segmentation: Dengue Vaccines Market
- In terms of category, the global dengue vaccines market has been divided into live attenuated vaccines, chimeric live attenuated vaccines, and others. The live attenuated vaccines segment is expected to dominate the global dengue vaccines market during the forecast period, due to increase in awareness about vaccination, surge in government funding for vaccination programs, and rise in prevalence of infectious diseases.
- Based on product, the global dengue vaccines market has been bifurcated into CYD-TDV (Dengvaxia) and others. The CYD-TDV (Dengvaxia) segment dominated the global dengue vaccines market in 2020, as the vaccine was determined to be around 76% effective in preventing symptomatic, laboratory-confirmed dengue in individuals nine through 16 years of age who previously had laboratory-confirmed dengue disease.
- In terms of route of administration, the global dengue vaccines market has been classified into subcutaneous and others. The subcutaneous segment dominated the global dengue vaccines market in 2020. Advantages of subcutaneous injection are that the vaccine can be administered to patients, as no trained personnel is required and adsorption, even though slow, is usually complete.
- Based on end user, the global dengue vaccines market has been categorized into hospitals, government institutes, specialty clinics, and others. Growth of the hospitals segment can be attributed to quick and high-quality services at competitive pricing at these healthcare settings.
- Each of the segments has been analyzed in detail for market trends, recent trends, and developments, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and useful insights. The dengue vaccines market report provides current and expected revenue (US$ Mn) for each of these segments from 2021 to 2030, considering 2020 as the base year. The compound annual growth rate (% CAGR) has been provided for each segment and market from 2021 to 2031, along with market size estimations.
Regional Overview: Dengue Vaccines Market
- In terms of region, the global dengue vaccines market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The regions have been divided into major countries and sub-regions.
- The current and expected market revenue (US$ Mn) of these regional markets and their major countries have been provided in the report from 2021 to 2031, with their CAGRs from 2021 to 2031
- The study also offers a list of recommendations, highlights, and useful insights of the global dengue vaccines market, which would help new companies willing to enter the market and existing companies to increase market shares and in the decision-making process
Dengue Vaccines Market Players
- The dengue vaccines market report concludes with the company profiles section, which includes key information about major players in the global dengue vaccines market
- Leading players analyzed in the report include
- Sanofi Pasteur Limited
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- Merck Co. & Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- GeneOne Life Science
- Medigen Vaccine Biologics
- Panacea Biotec Limited
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Serum Institute of India Pvt. Ltd.
- Biological E, and VabioTech
- Each of these players has been profiled in the dengue vaccines market report based on parameters such as company overview, financial overview, business strategies, application portfolio, business segments, and recent developments
Dengue Vaccines Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global dengue vaccines market studies the past as well as the current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2021 to 2031. The report provides revenue of the global dengue vaccines market for the period of 2017–2031, considering 2020 as the base year and 2031 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) of the global dengue vaccines market from 2021 to 2031.
The report has been prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involved bulk of the research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with key opinion leaders, industry leaders, and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the dengue vaccines market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various attributes of the dengue vaccines market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Moreover, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global dengue vaccines market. These serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global dengue vaccines market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global dengue vaccines market. Key players operating in the global dengue vaccines market are identified and each one of these is profiled in terms of various attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are the attributes of players in the global dengue vaccines market profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Dengue Vaccines Market Report
- What is the sales/revenue generated by dengue vaccines across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the opportunities in the global dengue vaccines market?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the market?
- Which regional market is set to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which category is expected to generate the highest revenue globally in 2031? Which product is projected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
- What are the market positions of different companies operating in the global market?
Dengue Vaccines Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global dengue vaccines market begins with an overview, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. The report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study and key vendors and distributors operating in the market and regulatory scenario for approval of products.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into smaller sections. The report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global dengue vaccines market in terms of category, product, route of administration, end user, and region. Key segments under each criteria are studied at length, and the market share for each of these at the end of 2031 has also been provided. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investment in the global dengue vaccines market.
Dengue Vaccines Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global dengue vaccines market includes information divided into five segments: category, product, route of administration, end user, and region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these segments of the global dengue vaccines market are discussed in detail.
|Route of Administration||