Dehydrated Potato Products Market
Dehydrated Potato Products Market (Nature: Organic, Conventional; Flavor: Regular Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes; Form: Flakes, Sliced and Diced, Powder & Granules; Product Type: Fries, Low-fat Fries, Low-salt Fries, Red Skin Potatoes, Baked Dehydrated Potatoes; Application: Food Processing, Bakery, Snacks & Savouries, Soups & Salads, Food Service Providers, Retailers; Sales Channel: Hypermarkets/Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Online Retailers, Other Retail Formats) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2029
- Food & Beverages
- 317 Pages
Dehydrated Potato Products Market: Potato Flakes Gaining Popularity, Globally
The process of dehydration and grinding of starchy root vegetables has been widely attested around the world, mainly due to convenience and portability. Dehydrated potatoes, in particular, find application in a variety of end uses, making them a highly versatile product. By form, dehydrated potatoes are available as flakes, sliced and diced pieces, and powder and granules, which have varied, distinct applications in food processing and preparation. Dehydrated potatoes are gaining popularity as a food additive due to their thickening and binding properties. Dehydrated potato products are also gaining popularity in recent years as a food additive, as they add nutritional value to various foods. The functional and nutritional properties of dehydrated potatoes, coupled with the convenience factor, has led to their rapid adoption, leading to a positive impact on the growth of the global dehydrated potato products market.
Of the several forms in which dehydrated potato products are available, potato flakes are the most popular, and accounted for over half of the total dehydrated potato products market in 2018. The segment is anticipated to expand at a moderate CAGR of ~4% by value over the forecast period, and will continue to retain its place at the top of the table. However, quickly gaining traction are sliced & diced dehydrated potato products, which accounted for around one-fifth of the market share in 2018, and this is expected to increase to ~25% of the total share by revenue by the end of the forecast period.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Dehydrated Potato Products Market
Convectional Dehydrated Potato Products to Remain Popular
Organic food – a megatrend that is shaping the F&B industry has a whole, has had a significant impact on the global dehydrated potato products market as well. With organic foods and ingredients becoming increasingly popular, organic dehydrated potato products have gathered interest in recent years. They accounted for one-tenth of the total market share in 2018, witnessing sales of ~131 thousand tons. By the end of the forecast period, the sales of organic dehydrated potato products are expected to hit the ~200 thousand ton mark, increasing at a CAGR of ~4%.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
However, conventional dehydrated potato products, which accounted for a lion’s share of the total market share by value and volume in 2018, are expected to continue to remain popular during the forecast period. By revenue, this type is likely to expand at a faster pace of 4.5%, and reach the ~US$ 15 Mn threshold by the end of 2029.
Europe to Remain Significant Market; Oceania Emerges to Present Lucrative Opportunities
In 2018, Europe held the most significant share of the global dehydrated potato products market, accounting for close to one-third of the total revenue share. Even as the market in this region expands at a slow CAGR of ~4% by value, it is expected to retain its place at the top in 2029. This can be attributed to the presence of a significant number of producers and manufacturers in the region. North America, which also occupies a prominent share in the global market, witnessed sales of ~2.4 Mn tons in 2018, and the market is expected grow 1.5 times by the end of the forecast period. The rising demand for dehydrated potato products in the region can be attributed to the presence of larger, well-established players and smaller producers, coupled with rising awareness about organic products and consumer demand for the same.
However, expanding the fastest at a value CAGR of ~8%, the market in Oceania is emerging to offer a plethora of opportunities for manufacturers in the global dehydrated potato products market. This increased demand comes from the growing consumption of packaged and processed foods in the region, in the production of which, dehydrated potato products are extensively used.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Dehydrated Potato Products Market
Analysts’ Overview of Dehydrated Potato Products Market
The dehydrated potato products market, which is estimated to be valued at ~US$ 12 Mn in 2019, is expected to expand at a moderate CAGR of 5% during the forecast period of 2019-2029. According to analysts at Transparency Market Research, this can be attributed to changing food consumption patterns around the world, as the demand for processed and pre-packaged foods gains traction. Manufacturers in this market, focusing on improving product quality for application in food processing, bakery products, soups and salads, and more, are likely to experience the most gains over the forecast period.
The regional markets of Europe and North America are likely to remain significant in the foreseeable future, while that of Oceania is set to expand rapidly, as urbanization continues to influence the food choices of consumers. Manufacturers looking to exploit this trend and expand into these regions are likely to benefit from lucrative opportunities, even as they strengthen their geographical presence.
Dehydrated Potato Products Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest market report on the dehydrated potato products market for the historical period of 2014-2018 and forecast period of 2019-2029, revenue generated by the dehydrated potato products market has been estimated at ~US$ 12 billion in 2019.
- The global dehydrated potato products market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~5% in terms of value throughout the forecast period (2019-2029), and reach a valuation of ~US$ 19 Bn by the end of 2029.
Dehydrated Potato Products Market: Global Demand for Gluten-free Products to Shape Growth
- Millions people around the world suffer from celiac disease due to gluten hypersensitivity. According to a study published in the Journal of Pediatrics, 0.5% of the U.S. population strictly adheres to a gluten-free diet. Gluten-free labels are an important factor influencing the purchasing decisions of consumers in the U.S. as well as in other countries such as the U.K., France, and Germany.
- Rising health concerns among people and the increasing need for a gluten-free diet are facilitating the growth of potato starch, as it is a naturally gluten-free product. The concentration of gluten in food can pose a serious threat to human health, such as celiac disease, due to high gluten concentration in food. In the long term, the consumption of gluten can lead to anemia, osteoporosis, intestinal damage, and infertility. People in North America and Europe have preferred pregelatinized flour or gluten-free flour over other flours, due to the rising health responsiveness among people.
- Rising sensitiveness for gluten and wheat is augmenting the usage of potato products, which are gluten-free and mostly used in baked goods.
Dehydrated Potato Products Market: Diverse Applications Ensure Continued Demand for Dehydrated Potatoes
- Changes in potato consumption patterns, worldwide, drive manufacturers to bring dehydrated potato products into their product portfolios. According to FAO data, less than 50% of potatoes are consumed fresh, and the rest are processed to make value-added products and dehydrated potatoes.
- Dehydrated potatoes are gaining popularity among consumers due to their wide application as an ingredient. Food manufacturers and foodservice providers prefer to use dehydrated potatoes as they have good binding and thickening abilities, which improves the quality of their offerings.
- The high starch content of dehydrated potatoes has led to its widespread use in the form of dried potatoes powder in processed meat as a binding agent.
- Additionally, dehydrated potatoes are also used as a thickening agent in soups and other food products.
- As such, the dehydrated potato products market is set to expand at a decent pace over the forecast period.
Dehydrated Potato Products Market: Growing Preference for Dehydrated Potato Products Due to Long Shelf Life
- Dehydrated potatoes have witnessed increasing demand across the globe due to modern and improved technologies being used for manufacturing. Technologies such as vacuum- and freeze-drying have increased the possibilities of consuming dehydrated potatoes and fruits for an extended period of time.
- Dehydrated potatoes have a long shelf life, ranging from several weeks to even months, which enables consumers to use them in the future too. This increase in the shelf life of dehydrated potatoes is due to the reduction in the moisture content as compared to fresh potatoes, which helps maintain an undesirable environment for microbial growth.
- Due to advancements in the drying technology, the dehydrated potatoes products market has grown remarkably over the last few decades, and can be anticipated to grow even more over the forecast period.
Dehydrated Potato Products Market: Demand for Ethical and Sustainable Products
- Issues such as sustainable farming, forest depletion, and carbon footprint are some of the key areas of concern for the consumers.
- With increasing incidence of mislabeling, consumers are demanding transparency from manufacturers about the food products that they purchase.
- Hence, manufacturers in the dehydrated potato products market are now focusing on product labels that can reaffirm the trust among consumers regarding the food products offered by them.
Dehydrated Potato Products Market: Competitive Landscape
- Players in the dehydrated potato products market are responding to the demand for gluten-free solutions, offering a wide range of products that are suitable for gluten-free bakery products, processed food, and snacks.
- In addition to this, companies are also emphasizing on new clean label product solutions, which help in improving the quality of finished food products.
- Dehydrated potato product manufacturers also offer customization options in their products, such as texture, flavor, and packaging.
- Key players operating in the global dehydrated potato products market, as profiled in the report, include
- Idahoan Foods lnc.,
- J.R. Short Milling
- McCain Foods
- Lamb Weston
- Intersnack Group
- Emsland Group
- Birkamidon Rohstoffhandels GmbH
- Augason Farms
- Pacific Valley Foods
- Simplot (US)
- Chengde Kuixian Food, and others.
Dehydrated Potato Products Market: Key Developments
- Some of the recent key developments in the dehydrated potato products market are as follows:
- In 2017, McCain Foods invested US$ 65 Mn to open its new state-of-the-art potato specialty production line, which led to an expansion of the company’s flagship potato processing facility in Florence ville-Bristol, New Brunswick.
- In 2018, Ingredion launched its clean label Potex and Potex Crown potato fibers, which are designed to enhance the functionality, quality, and freshness of bakery products.
- In 2015, Idohoan Foods lnc. launched Idahoan Steakhouse Potato Soup, made from real potatoes, with exciting new flavors such as three cheese chipotle, heddar broccoli, loaded potato, and favorite creamy potato. The move was intended to offer gluten-free delicious soups to its customers without artificial flavors, MSG, and PHOs.
Dehydrated Potato Products Market - Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research (TMR) recently published a market study on the global market for dehydrated potato products. The study provides detailed assessment on key market dynamics, including the drivers, trends, opportunities restraints, and detailed information about the dehydrated potato products market structure. The market study presents exclusive information about how the dehydrated potato products market is anticipated to grow during the forecast period of 2019-2029.
Key indicators of market growth, which include Year-on-Year (Y-o-Y) growth of the market, value chain, supply chain analysis, and Compounded Annual Growth Rate (CAGR), are explained in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This information can help readers understand the quantitative growth prospects of the dehydrated potato products market for the forecast period.
The study is relevant for all stakeholders in the dehydrated potato products market, including manufacturers of dehydrated potato products, suppliers, distributors, and investors, and can help them in developing effective strategies to grow in the market. Industry experts, researchers, and journalists, as well as business researchers, can leverage the information and data presented in TMR’s study.
The report includes statistics as well as facts related to the macro as well as microeconomic factors that are impacting developments in the dehydrated potato products market. It also offers actionable insights based on the anticipated future trends in the dehydrated potato products market. Furthermore, small businesses and new entrants in the dehydrated potato products market can make use of the information presented in this study to make sound business decisions in order to gain momentum in the market.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Dehydrated Potato Products Market Report
- Which regions will continue to remain the most profitable regional markets for dehydrated potato products market players?
- How will changing trends impact the dehydrated potato products market?
- How can market players leverage opportunities in the dehydrated potato products market in developed regions?
- Which companies are leaders in the dehydrated potato products market?
- What are the winning strategies that stakeholders can adopt in the dehydrated potato products market to upscale their position in this landscape?
Dehydrated Potato Products Market: Research Methodology
TMR’s study utilized a unique research methodology to conduct extensive research on the growth of the dehydrated potato products market, and reach conclusions on the future growth parameters of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts ensure the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions drawn in the report.
Secondary resources referred to by analysts for the dehydrated potato products market study include statistics from governmental organizations, trade journals, white papers, and internal and external proprietary databases. Analysts have interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, marketing/product managers, and market intelligence managers, who have contributed to the development of this report as primary resources.
Comprehensive information acquired from primary resources and secondary resources acts as a validation from companies in the dehydrated potato products market, and makes TMR’s projection on the growth prospects of the dehydrated potato products market more accurate and reliable.
Key Segments of Dehydrated Potato Products Market
TMR’s study on the dehydrated potato products market offers information divided into six important segments-nature, form, application, product, flavor, sales channel, and region. This report offers comprehensive data and information about the important market dynamics and growth parameters associated with these categories.
Sliced & Diced
Powder & Granules
Snacks & Savories
Food Service Providers
Soups & Salads
Red Skin Potatoes
Baked Dehydrated Potatoes
Other Retail Formats
Middle East & Africa