- Growing incidences of cardiovascular diseases and disorders
- Aging of baby boomer population in the U.S.
- Increasing demand from emerging countries of Asia-Pacific and the Middle-East
- Increasing trend towards installations of AEDs at workplaces by businesses
The increasing incidence of cardiovascular diseases and aging of baby boomers are the key factors supporting growth exhibited by the global defibrillators market. Defibrillator devices are used in the treatment of sudden cardiac arrests, which could prove life threatening, caused due to cardiac arrhythmias. The demand for defibrillators is particularly high in countries across Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Transparency Market Research (TMR) predicts that the increasing trend of installation of automated external defibrillators across workplaces will give significant impetus to the global defibrillators market.
For the purpose of the study, the global defibrillators market has been segmented based on end user, product type, and geography. By type, the market has been classified into automated external defibrillators (AEDs), advanced life support (ALS) defibrillators, wearable defibrillators, and implantable cardioverter defibrillators. (ICDs). Of these, holding a larger share ICDs emerged dominant in the market in 2012. Regionally, the global market has been segmented into Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Africa, Europe, North America, and Latin America.
The report provides an in-depth overview of the global defibrillators market, studying the factors influencing its trajectory during the forecast period between 2013 and 2019. Besides studying the impact of the prevailing socio-economic factors, the report also presents an executive-level overview of the prevailing competitive landscape. It thus includes the profiles of the leading companies operating in the market, and detail pertaining to the strategies adopted by them.
Global Defibrillators Market: Overview
TMR projects the global defibrillators market to exhibit a CAGR of 6.2% between 2013 and 2019. The market stood at US$9.3 bn in 2012 and is expected to reach a valuation of US$9.3 bn by the end of 2019.
By end user, the global defibrillators market has been segmented into homes, hospitals, community access or public, business workplace and emergency medical services. Of these, the hospitals segment dominated the global market, with a share of 90% in 2012. The continuously increasing demand for ALS defibrillators and ICD implantation is aiding the installation of defibrillators across hospitals. Besides this, the market is also expected to gain from the rising healthcare expenditure by governments across emerging nations such as India, China, and Brazil.
With the installation of AEDs for public access and businesses workplace on the rise, the global defibrillators market is projected to expand at a robust pace in the near future. Furthermore, AEDs have gained importance due to their easy operability of the devices, which enables even laypersons to use them during emergency.
Among the key regional segments of the market, North America emerged dominant in 2012. The region is expected to rise at a CAGR of 5.7% from 2013 to 2019. However, TMR forecasts the Middle East and Asia Pacific to report growth at a faster rate during the forecast period. The increasing incidence of cardiovascular diseases in these regions, rising healthcare investments, and the increasing willingness among people to spend on advanced treatments are expected fuel growth of the defibrillators market in Asia Pacific and the Middle East.
Companies Mentioned in Report
To study the completion prevailing in the market, the report has profiled companies such as Biotronik SE& Co.KG, Boston Scientific Corporation, Defibtech LLC, Medtronic, Inc., GE Healthcare Ltd., Philips Healthcare, HeartSine Technologies Inc., Nihon Kohden Corporation, St. Jude Medical Inc., and Zoll Medical Corporatio.
Global Defibrillators Market is segmented as:
- Global Defibrillators Market, by Products
- Advanced Life Support Defibrillators (ALS)
- Automated External Defibrillators (AED)
- Implantable Defibrillators
- Wearable Defibrillators
- Business Workplace
- Global Defibrillators Market, by End Users
- Public Access
- Emergency Medical Services
- Global Defibrillators Market, by Geography
- North America
- Latin America
This report gives you access to decisive data such as:
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for the coming years
Key highlights of this report
- Overview of key market forces propelling and restraining market growth
- Up-to-date analyses of market trends and technological improvements
- Pin-point analyses of market competition dynamics to offer you a competitive edge
- An analysis of strategies of major competitors
- An array of graphics and SWOT analysis of major industry segments
- Detailed analyses of industry trends
- A well-defined technological growth map with an impact-analysis
- Offers a clear understanding of the competitive landscape and key product segments