Data Center Accelerator: Introduction
- Data center accelerator is a hardware device or software program that enhances computer performance by processing visual data. Data center accelerator help to enhancing the use of artificial intelligence (AI)-based services, also helps in increasing the consumer-centric data demand to propel the AI-driven data centers, thereby, improves the performance of data center.
- Data center accelerators are specially designed to improve performance, solve customer problems, by increasing power efficiency and reducing cost
- Rise in demand for enhancement of application performance, mounting need for data centers and cloud services, initiatives for ecological data center solutions, and increase in demand for consumer-driven data are fueling the data center accelerator market
- The global data center accelerator market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to an increase in the rate of adoption of advanced technologies across the globe
Global Data Center Accelerator Market: Dynamics
Global Data Center Accelerator Market: Key Drivers
- Surge in demand for cloud-based services along with a rise in the demand for deep learning across the business around the world is a primary factor driving the data center accelerator market.
- Evolution of technologies, such as artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning, has fueled the demand for cognitive computing technology across several industry verticals including, industrial, automotive, and consumer, which is also fueling the demand for data center accelerator.
- The number of companies offering machine learning as a cloud service is increasing due to high demand for AI. Thus, an increase in rate of adoption of cloud-based technology is boosting the need for deep learning, which in turn is projected to propel the data center accelerator market during the forecast period.
- High prices of accelerators and lack of AI hardware specialists are acting as major restraints for the data center accelerator market
- Moreover, huge demand for FPGA-based (Field Programmable Gate Arrays) accelerators along with increasing focus toward artificial intelligence (AI) data centers are expected to offer significant opportunities for key players of the global data center accelerator market
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Data Center Accelerator Market
- COVID-19 pandemic has largely impacted the overall economy across all sectors all over the world. It has also shifted focus toward digitalization. Several industries are worse impacted by this pandemic; however, some industries are benefiting from this pandemic. However, the adoption of AI is growing during this pandemic to increase process efficiency, and enhance experience significantly. Therefore, the COVID-19 has positively impacted on the data center accelerator market.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Data Center Accelerator Market
- In terms of region, the global data center accelerator market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- Asia Pacific dominated the global data center accelerator market due to the high deployment of cloud technology, rise in demand for colocation solutions, and increase in the number of data centers in the region
- North America is expected to hold the second-highest share of the global market, in terms of revenue, primarily because of an increase in the demand for sophisticated infrastructure and related services
Global Data Center Accelerator Market: Competition Landscape
Several players are active in the data center accelerator market, and a few of the major players dominate the current market. Major companies operating in the data center accelerator market are investing significantly in research & development to introduce more innovations in their products. For instance, in April 2021, Intel Corporation launched a 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processor. This processor delivers a balanced architecture with built-in AI, advanced security capabilities, and crypto acceleration.
Key Players Operating in the Global Data Center Accelerator Market Include:
- Intel Corporation
- NVIDIA Corporation
- Xilinx Inc.
- IBM Corporation
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
- Marvell Technology Inc.
- Micron Technology, Inc.
- Achronix Semiconductor
- NEC Corporation
- Advantech Co., Ltd.
Global Data Center Accelerator Market: Research Scope
Global Data Center Accelerator Market, by Processor
Global Data Center Accelerator Market, by Type
- Cloud Data Center
- HPC Data Center
Global Data Center Accelerator Market, by Application
- Deep Learning Training
- Public Cloud Interface
- Enterprise Interface
Global Data Center Accelerator Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South Americas
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!