Dark Fiber Market: Introduction
- Dark fiber is underground laid fiber cable that is currently not in use. Digging fiber optic network routes is a huge investment, therefore cables are often laid with significant additional capacity that can be leased to companies in the future.
- Dark fiber is pre-existing underground infrastructure that does not yet have the hardware or software that enable it to run services
Rise in demand for increase edge computing, mobile infrastructure, and data centers.
- Increasing digital infrastructure is a major factor driving the dark fiber market. Moreover, evolution of 5G is also estimated to boost the market for dark fiber.
- Large investment in FTTX deployment is also fueling the dark fiber market, as fiber has higher bandwidth, robust video, internet, and voice service for end-users
- Expansion of cloud service, smart cities, remote applications, ecommerce, and banking sectors is also propelling the dark fiber market
- Trends such as cloud computing, edge computing, and the Internet of Things (IoT) are increasing enterprise connectivity needs, which in turn is prompting an increasing number of organizations to prefer dark fiber as an alternative to commercial Internet service
- Dark fiber offers significant advantages such as improve latency, provide redundancy, higher security, and fast network
North America to Hold Prominent Share of Market
- North America to account for a notable share for dark fiber market owing to the already established fiber network in the region. Rising concerns about security has prompted numerous private and government entities to choose dark web over other ISPs.
- The market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a high growth rate due to an increase in investment in countries such as China, India, Korea, and Japan. China is projected to dominate the dark fiber market in the region during the forecast period.
- Several consumers in Europe are investing in fiber infrastructure projects. Dark fiber is majorly used by data centers, mobile infrastructure for private use, which increases internet speed, capacity, and security.
Key Players in Global Dark Fiber Market
- Key players include:
- Comcast Corporation
- Verizon Communications Inc.
- Level 3 Communications Inc.
- NTT Communications
- Zayo Group
- Windstream Services LLC.
- AT&T Inc.
- Colt Group SA
- GTT Communications
Dark Fiber Market Scope
Dark Fiber Market, by Type
- Single Mode
Dark Fiber Market, by Application
- Information and Services
- Aerospace and Military
Dark Fiber Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.