Custom Antibody Market: Overview
Antibodies are the host proteins that are produced in the body as a reaction to entry of foreign bodies or molecules in the body. This foreign bodies or molecules are called as antigens and are registered by the body’s immune system. This natural reaction of the body to produce antibodies can then be harnessed to produce custom antibodies for specific diseases or infections.
Custom antibodies offer greater selectivity and specificity than regularly cultured antibodies. Additionally, these antibodies are relatively easy to produce as compared to the other antibodies and thus are high preferred option for various types of research studies. Numerous factors such as growing research activities in biology and life sciences industry coupled with growing collaborations between the academic centers and industry leaders are projected to play key role in developing the global custom antibody market over the course of the given forecast period.
The report on the global custom antibody market offers insightful information for the forecast period of 2019 to 2027. This report tries to map all the important trends, drivers, technologies, and developments that are influencing the growth of the custom antibody market.
Identify the key factors that will drive your company’s growth. Request a brochure of this report here
Global Custom Antibody Market: Notable Developments
Given below are some of the key developments that have influenced the global custom antibody market in the recent years:
- In the year 2018, industry leader Abcam launched two new custom antibodies in the custom antibody market. These antibodies are called (PBS)-only recombinant antibodies and anti-PD-L1 antibody clone called MKP1A07310. These custom antibodies are developed by Abcam in collaboration with German giants Merck KGaA
- In the year 2017, US-based Gen Script introduced a new custom rabbit mAb (monoclonal antibody) service. This mAb service was called MonoRab and was an important part of the premium antibody service portfolio of the company.
- In 2016, Affymetrix was taken over Thermo Fisher. Affymetrix is a provider of genetic and cellular analysis products. The takeover of Affymetrix allowed Thermo Fisher to expand its antibody research portfolio and also bolster its stronghold over the market. This takeover also helped the company to add new genetic research and analysis capabilities in the applied as well as clinical market.
Some of the key players in the global custom antibody market include names such as Innovagen AB (Sweden), ProteoGenix (US), Agilent Technologies Inc. (US), Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc. (US), Abcam Plc (UK), Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (US), and Merck Group among others.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report here
Global Custom Antibody Market: Drivers and Restraints
Some of the key driving factors for the global custom antibody market are listed below:
- Increasing Health Concerns: The world is experiencing increasing incidences of infectious diseases. These rising diseases are propelling the demand for custom antibodies and thus driving the growth of the custom antibody market.
- Increasing Demand for Protein Therapeutics: There is also growing demand across the globe for protein therapeutics. Production of custom antibodies and related services are key for protein therapeutics. Thus, this is also expected to drive the custom antibody market in coming years.
- Commercial Success: In the recent years, custom antibody production, especially monoclonal antibodies have experienced clinical as well as commercial success. This success is also helping to drive the growth of the global custom antibody market.
One of the key challenges faced by the global custom antibody market is the time and expense involved in the production of these antibodies. However, growing healthcare investments by both government and industry leaders are expected to drive the market in the coming years.
Global Custom Antibody Market: Regional Outlook
The global custom antibody market can be primarily segmented into four segments namely Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, and Rest of the World. Of these segments, the Asia Pacific segment of the market is expected grow at a significant pace. This growth is attributed to the rise of emerging economies such as India and China. Such emerging economies are heavily investing in life science and genomics research.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.