Custom Antibody Market: Overview
Antibodies are the host proteins that are produced in the body as a reaction to entry of foreign bodies or molecules in the body. This foreign bodies or molecules are called as antigens and are registered by the body’s immune system. This natural reaction of the body to produce antibodies can then be harnessed to produce custom antibodies for specific diseases or infections.
Custom antibodies offer greater selectivity and specificity than regularly cultured antibodies. Additionally, these antibodies are relatively easy to produce as compared to the other antibodies and thus are high preferred option for various types of research studies. Numerous factors such as growing research activities in biology and life sciences industry coupled with growing collaborations between the academic centers and industry leaders are projected to play key role in developing the global custom antibody market over the course of the given forecast period.
The report on the global custom antibody market offers insightful information for the forecast period of 2019 to 2027. This report tries to map all the important trends, drivers, technologies, and developments that are influencing the growth of the custom antibody market.
Identify the key factors that will drive your company’s growth. Request a brochure of this report here
Global Custom Antibody Market: Notable Developments
Given below are some of the key developments that have influenced the global custom antibody market in the recent years:
- In the year 2018, industry leader Abcam launched two new custom antibodies in the custom antibody market. These antibodies are called (PBS)-only recombinant antibodies and anti-PD-L1 antibody clone called MKP1A07310. These custom antibodies are developed by Abcam in collaboration with German giants Merck KGaA
- In the year 2017, US-based Gen Script introduced a new custom rabbit mAb (monoclonal antibody) service. This mAb service was called MonoRab and was an important part of the premium antibody service portfolio of the company.
- In 2016, Affymetrix was taken over Thermo Fisher. Affymetrix is a provider of genetic and cellular analysis products. The takeover of Affymetrix allowed Thermo Fisher to expand its antibody research portfolio and also bolster its stronghold over the market. This takeover also helped the company to add new genetic research and analysis capabilities in the applied as well as clinical market.
Some of the key players in the global custom antibody market include names such as Innovagen AB (Sweden), ProteoGenix (US), Agilent Technologies Inc. (US), Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc. (US), Abcam Plc (UK), Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (US), and Merck Group among others.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report here
Global Custom Antibody Market: Drivers and Restraints
Some of the key driving factors for the global custom antibody market are listed below:
- Increasing Health Concerns: The world is experiencing increasing incidences of infectious diseases. These rising diseases are propelling the demand for custom antibodies and thus driving the growth of the custom antibody market.
- Increasing Demand for Protein Therapeutics: There is also growing demand across the globe for protein therapeutics. Production of custom antibodies and related services are key for protein therapeutics. Thus, this is also expected to drive the custom antibody market in coming years.
- Commercial Success: In the recent years, custom antibody production, especially monoclonal antibodies have experienced clinical as well as commercial success. This success is also helping to drive the growth of the global custom antibody market.
One of the key challenges faced by the global custom antibody market is the time and expense involved in the production of these antibodies. However, growing healthcare investments by both government and industry leaders are expected to drive the market in the coming years.
Global Custom Antibody Market: Regional Outlook
The global custom antibody market can be primarily segmented into four segments namely Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, and Rest of the World. Of these segments, the Asia Pacific segment of the market is expected grow at a significant pace. This growth is attributed to the rise of emerging economies such as India and China. Such emerging economies are heavily investing in life science and genomics research.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.