Craft cider has been firmly established as the beverage for millennial population in the recent times. The craft cider is made from fresh-pressed fruit juice, mostly apple juice, which is then fermented naturally, while the process can be controlled by the introduction of cider, wine, or champagne yeasts. Fermentation allows the natural sugar of the fruit to turn to alcohol (cider) that can be aged or crafted to offer the ultimate taste experience. Moreover, craft cider is made in smaller batches compared to commercial cider without the use of any concentrates and additives, and minimizes the use of sugar. These are the key factors leading to global demand for craft cider, further accelerated by the change in consumer behaviors.
Craft Cider Market – Notable Developments
Molson Coors Brewing Company, Citizen Cider, Angry Orchard Cider Company, LLC, Polabský Mošt S.R.O., Rekorderlig, California Cider Company, Ardiel Cider House, Heineken, Distell, C&C Group, Anheuser Busch, Carlsberg, Aston Manor, The Boston Beer Company, Halewood International Holdings, Stowe Cider, and Carfty Nectar are among the leading players operating in the craft cider market.
- In March 2019, Stowe Cider launched new additions to its Brainwaves Project – Gummy Bears. Although they are co-fermented and aged on gummies of sour blue raspberries which contain only 3 grams of sugar per can of 16 ounce. In the Brainwaves Project, the company has limited edition ciders such as Citrus Mist and Lavender Cyser.
- In February 2019, Citizen Cider introduced its handcrafted, co-ferment of blueberries and fresh cider – bRosé in cans. According to the company, the portable nature of these cans will enable its use or consumption in various parties, ball games, and barbeques.
- In September 2018, Crafty Nectar, the world’s leading craft cider subscription service, had launched its new No.7 and No.8 ‘craft-sourced’ ciders. These products are developed based on feedback from its subscribers, in an effort to create the world’s first and best ciders. Packed in vibrant edgy bottles or cans, these products are born from the flavor profile of various cider consumers.
Craft Cider Market Dynamics
Rise in consumers’ quest for local and authentic products, especially among millennial demographic, along with their growing interest in knowing about various ingredients of the products is expected to impact the development of craft cider market. Increasing adoption of non-pasteurized and non-carbonated beverages has influenced manufactures to focus on product innovations and reduce the use of artificial sweeteners and additives which in turn is likely to fuel the growth of craft cider market. In addition, escalating demand for fermented beverages and for organic ingredients in craft ciders along with continuous efforts on product marketing is foreseen to be highly impactful on the global expansion of craft cider market.
Craft Cider Market Players Eye Lucrative Opportunities in Asia Pacific
With a view to increase the sales of craft cider at the global level, leading companies operating in the production of these ciders are focusing on improving their foothold in emerging economies of Asia Pacific. Macroeconomic factors such as economic growth, increasing disposable income, and high purchasing capabilities are likely to drive the craft cider market in the region. In addition, changing consumer preference for various kinds of beverages will possibly continue to guide the future of Asia Pacific craft cider market.
Higher penetration of regional market players involved in development of small breweries and production of craft beer and ciders may also create potential growth prospects of the craft cider market.
Craft Cider Market Segmentation
Based on source, the craft cider market can be segmented into:
- Mixed Fruit
Based on type, the craft cider market can be segmented into:
- Still Cider
- Sparkling Cider
- Sweet Cider
- Dry Cider
Based on packaging, the craft cider market can be segmented into:
Based on distribution channel, the craft cider market can be segmented into:
- Hard Cider
- Apple Cider
- Craft Cider Cans
- Craft Dry Cider
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.