Craft cider has been firmly established as the beverage for millennial population in the recent times. The craft cider is made from fresh-pressed fruit juice, mostly apple juice, which is then fermented naturally, while the process can be controlled by the introduction of cider, wine, or champagne yeasts. Fermentation allows the natural sugar of the fruit to turn to alcohol (cider) that can be aged or crafted to offer the ultimate taste experience. Moreover, craft cider is made in smaller batches compared to commercial cider without the use of any concentrates and additives, and minimizes the use of sugar. These are the key factors leading to global demand for craft cider, further accelerated by the change in consumer behaviors.
Craft Cider Market – Notable Developments
Molson Coors Brewing Company, Citizen Cider, Angry Orchard Cider Company, LLC, Polabský Mošt S.R.O., Rekorderlig, California Cider Company, Ardiel Cider House, Heineken, Distell, C&C Group, Anheuser Busch, Carlsberg, Aston Manor, The Boston Beer Company, Halewood International Holdings, Stowe Cider, and Carfty Nectar are among the leading players operating in the craft cider market.
- In March 2019, Stowe Cider launched new additions to its Brainwaves Project – Gummy Bears. Although they are co-fermented and aged on gummies of sour blue raspberries which contain only 3 grams of sugar per can of 16 ounce. In the Brainwaves Project, the company has limited edition ciders such as Citrus Mist and Lavender Cyser.
- In February 2019, Citizen Cider introduced its handcrafted, co-ferment of blueberries and fresh cider – bRosé in cans. According to the company, the portable nature of these cans will enable its use or consumption in various parties, ball games, and barbeques.
- In September 2018, Crafty Nectar, the world’s leading craft cider subscription service, had launched its new No.7 and No.8 ‘craft-sourced’ ciders. These products are developed based on feedback from its subscribers, in an effort to create the world’s first and best ciders. Packed in vibrant edgy bottles or cans, these products are born from the flavor profile of various cider consumers.
Craft Cider Market Dynamics
Rise in consumers’ quest for local and authentic products, especially among millennial demographic, along with their growing interest in knowing about various ingredients of the products is expected to impact the development of craft cider market. Increasing adoption of non-pasteurized and non-carbonated beverages has influenced manufactures to focus on product innovations and reduce the use of artificial sweeteners and additives which in turn is likely to fuel the growth of craft cider market. In addition, escalating demand for fermented beverages and for organic ingredients in craft ciders along with continuous efforts on product marketing is foreseen to be highly impactful on the global expansion of craft cider market.
Craft Cider Market Players Eye Lucrative Opportunities in Asia Pacific
With a view to increase the sales of craft cider at the global level, leading companies operating in the production of these ciders are focusing on improving their foothold in emerging economies of Asia Pacific. Macroeconomic factors such as economic growth, increasing disposable income, and high purchasing capabilities are likely to drive the craft cider market in the region. In addition, changing consumer preference for various kinds of beverages will possibly continue to guide the future of Asia Pacific craft cider market.
Higher penetration of regional market players involved in development of small breweries and production of craft beer and ciders may also create potential growth prospects of the craft cider market.
Craft Cider Market Segmentation
Based on source, the craft cider market can be segmented into:
- Mixed Fruit
Based on type, the craft cider market can be segmented into:
- Still Cider
- Sparkling Cider
- Sweet Cider
- Dry Cider
Based on packaging, the craft cider market can be segmented into:
Based on distribution channel, the craft cider market can be segmented into:
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Craft cider market segments and sub-segments
- Craft cider market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand of craft cider
- Craft cider market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges in market of craft cider
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs in craft cider market
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report on craft cider market has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The craft cider market report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report on craft cider market projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market of craft cider
- Important changes in craft cider market dynamics
- Craft cider market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the craft cider market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments in craft cider market
- Craft cider market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets of craft cider
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the craft cider market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the craft cider market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
- Hard Cider
- Apple Cider
- Craft Cider Cans
- Craft Dry Cider