Global Champagne Market: An Overview
The global champagne market is home to world’s best sparkling wines. It is expected to register healthy growth, thanks to an increasing emphasis on celebrating shared success, increased importance of defining individual milestones, and the timeless and fleeting realization of the impermanence of life.
Champagne is just a sparkling wine to many. However, it is almost sacrosanct during celebrations in many cultures. According to EU laws, the champagne market players cannot label their products as champagne unless the wine comes from the Champagne region of France. Additionally, EU also requires champagne to be produced under the strictly laid out rules of appellation. These rules dictate practices required for carbonation, sourcing of grapes, specific vineyard practices, and additionally region specific unique pressing methods.
Champagne market players focus on branding their products in line with royalties. Association of champagnes with royalty and nobilities has led to the mass popularity of the beverage with the growing middle class. Traditions of prestigious wine cellars have further fuelled the imagination of the mass appeal of the champagne market.
Global Champagne Market: Notable Developments
- According to recent news reports, global warming is threatening the prospects of the champagne market. Earlier, harvest for grapes used to start during August. However, recent changes in temperatures are pushing it towards mid-to-late September. Furthermore, increasing temperatures and difficulty in maturation is resulting in lower acidity for grapes. Lower acidity can result in reduced freshness for wines.
Global Champagne Market: Key Trends
Emerging Markets Present an Enormous Opportunity
Recently, emerging markets are emerging as a key opportunity in the champagne market. Growing acceptance of alcohol consumption and growing demand for small quantities for special occasions are expected to drive growth in emerging markets. Growing acceptance of alcohol on non-religious grounds is growing hand-in-hand with increasing night life and peer-approval driven culture. Additionally, growing influx of social media is also taking lifestyle to much younger kids and establishing information sharing and peer connections among young people with limited experience to alcoholic beverages.
Re-Branding and New Flavors to Promote Growth for the Champagne Market
In matured markets of Europe and North America, many people are trying to move away from alcohol-drinking traditions. In these markets, low-alcohol content, new flavors like fruity, candy, and nutty, and social gatherings are expected to drive robust growth for the champagne market. On the other hand, emerging markets in largely traditional societies such as India and China social harmony and social acceptance is extremely important. Consumption of alcohol revolves around prestige, social acceptance, and the experimentation journey of young people.
Global Champagne Market: Regional Outlook
The global champagne market is divided into main regions including North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa. The global champagne market is likely to gross the highest revenue in North America, thanks to conventional importance of alcohol in ceremonies. Additionally, the global champagne market is expected to register the highest CAGR in Asia Pacific, thanks to a growing demand, rising disposable income, and growing support for wineries in the region.
Global Champagne Market: Competitive Dynamics
The global champagne market depicts a competitive and fragmented landscape, thanks to a large number of small and large players. Additionally, the market houses various segments which provide various products and services to aid growth. Some key players in the global champagne market are Rémy Cointreau, Martel, Champagne Laurent-Perrier S.A.S., Moët Hennessy USA, Taittinger, and Vranken - Pommery Monopole.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.