Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) System: Introduction
- CBCT should be performed only when necessary to provide clinical information that cannot be obtained using other imaging techniques. Cone beam computed tomography, also referred to as C-arm CT, cone beam volume CT, or flat panel CT is a medical imaging technique consisting of X-ray computed tomography where the X-rays are divergent, forming a cone. These technique has importance in the treatment, planning, and diagnosis of implant dentistry, interventional radiology, ENT, and orthopedic. CBCT scanner is also utilized in oral surgeries, orthodontics, and endodontics. CBCT images provide three dimensional information rather than two dimensional information, which helps to diagnosis, treatment, planning, and evaluation of certain conditions. CBCT has become increasingly important in clinical applications such as dental implant planning, visualization of abnormal teeth, evaluation of the jaws and face, cleft palate assessment, diagnosis of dental caries (cavities), endodontic (root canal) diagnosis, and diagnosis of dental trauma.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) System Market
- Rise in prevalence of dental disorders to be major driver
- Introduction of technology advanced product, increased investment for medical device research by health-care businesses, growing medical tourism for dental services, rise in geriatric population, rise in cosmetic dentistry, and increase in the prevalence of dental diseases are driving the global cone beam computed tomography market. Usage of cone beam computed tomography in the treatment of dental disorder has been widely applied in various surgical specialties.
- Cone beam computed tomography systems that are currently used by dental professionals rotate around the patient, capturing data using a cone-shaped X-ray beam to detect dental disorders in the U.S. The cone beam computed tomography system market is likely to be driven by an increase in the number of orthopedic and ENT disorders during the forecast period.
- Major driver for the cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) system market is a rise in the prevalence of orthopedic disorders and an increase in expenditure on dental services
- Increased research and development spending and expensive device and maintenance costs are expected to restrain the cone beam computed tomography system (CBCT) market during the forecast period
Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) System Market: Segmentation
- In terms of product type, the cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) system market can be classified into stand-alone CBCT systems and mobile CBCT systems
- In terms of patient position, the cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) system market can be classified into seated, standing, and spine
- Based on application, the cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) system market can be divided into dental applications, endodontics, forensic dentistry, general dentistry, Implantology, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthodontics, periodontics, temporomandibular joint disorders and others
- In terms of end-user, the cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) system market can be classified into hospitals, private practices, academic, research institute, and others.
North America Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) System Market to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the cone beam computed tomography system (CBCT) market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominates the cone beam computed tomography system (CBCT) market due to a rise in prevalence of dental disorders, presence of a large number of prominent players, and increasing expenditure on dental services. Early-phase diagnosis and surgery for orthodontic diseases is driving the pharmaceutical market, which in turn, is expected to drive the dental diseases in North America. Europe is the second-leading market for cone beam computed tomography system (CBCT) market due to favorable government policies regarding healthcare infrastructure, increasing expenditure on dental services, and high incidence of accidental sport injuries.
- The cone beam computed tomography system (CBCT) market in Asia Pacific is predicted to develop at a substantial rate due to increasing aging population, technology advancement, and high per capita spending
- Furthermore, economic growth in countries such as India and China in Asia Pacific and Brazil in Latin America has aided the development of healthcare infrastructure in these regions, providing significant opportunity for the cone beam computed tomography system (CBCT) market during the forecast period.
Leading Players Operating in Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) System Market
Key players operating in the cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) system market are:
- Carestream Health Inc.
- VATECH EWOO Holdings Co. Ltd.
- Planmeca OY
- Dentsply Sirona
- Ray Co. Ltd.
- Envista Holdings Corp.
- Genoray Co. Ltd.
- ACTEON GROUP
- Asahi Roentgen IND.CO. LTD.
- Agfa-Gevaert Group
- KaVo Dental
- Rigaku Corporation
- Cefla s.c.
- J. Morita
- Curve Beam
Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) System Market: Research Scope
Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) System Market, by Product
- Stand-alone CBCT systems
- Mobile CBCT systems
Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) System Market, by Patient Position
Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) System Market, by Application
- Dental Applications
- Forensic Dentistry
- General Dentistry
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Disorders
Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) System Market, by End-user
- Private Practices
- Research Institute
Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) System Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.