A concrete mixer homogeneously combines cement and other aggregates such as gravel, sand, and water to form concrete. It uses a revolving drum for mixing the components. The universal concrete use in engineering construction has resulted in placing variety of devices and machines for mixing the materials. These mixers need to employ distinct methods for measuring and mixing the concrete in the desired shape. Throughout the year, there are continuous maintenance and construction jobs in both urban and rural regions. Changing trends in the construction industry has resulted in refinement of the mixing technologies for concrete production as today’s industry increasingly requires shorter mixing times and consistent homogeneity for industrial production of the ready mix concrete (RMC) and pre-cast concrete.
In 2016, total construction spending increased 6.5% as compared to 2015, according to U.S. Census Bureau data. The construction spending for 2018 is expected to increase about 4.8% which is forecasted to be around US$ 773.1 billion. Commercial construction which includes offices, transportation terminals, and parking garages is anticipated to witness 12.4% growth throughout till 2021. Retail construction is expected to drop 2.8% in 2018 as compared to 16.5% decline in 2017. The AIA (American Institute of Architects) Consensus Construction Forecast Panel for the non-residential buildings construction is expected to grow by 3.8% on 2018.
The construction and engineering industry is slower to adopt new technologies and has never gone through a major transformation. Therefore, productivity has been stagnant since the last 40 years and even declined in some cases. These parameters are set to change very soon as profound modifications are being witnessed in the industry. Digitalization has added more construction project opportunities in incorporating systems of intelligent machines, digital sensors, mobile devices, and new software applications which are integrated with platforms of Building Information Modelling (BIM).
Construction equipment purchases involve huge initial investment; as a result, medium and small enterprises are hesitant to buy new equipment. Renting the construction equipment helps these companies to utilize newer technologies without investing much on the equipment ownership, thus compelling manufacturers to follow leasing and rental techniques for promoting their concrete mixing equipment.
The concrete mixer market can be segmented by product into drum rotating mixer, diesel mixer, twin shaft mixer, non-tilting mixer, and tilting mixer. By end-use, the concrete mixer market is segmented into industrial, commercial, and residential uses. The industry can be further classified by region into Europe, North America, Middle East & Africa, Asia Pacific, and South America.
The Asia Pacific region is expected to have the highest CAGR from 2018 to 2026 as the construction rate is growing at a rapid rate in emerging economies such as India, China, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Vietnam. The increased focus on transportation network developments to encourage cycling and public transport use in Europe and North America is expected to drive the demand for concrete mixers over the forecast timeline.
Economic events continue to impact the construction industry, resulting in several closures, consolidations, and acquisition activities. However, this industry has stabilized owing to economic growth and surging trends in infrastructure and housing sectors. Rising government spending on infrastructure development is responsible for the indirect growth of the concrete mixer market. The industry is highly competitive and vendors are constantly trying to develop and innovate new varieties of concrete mixers to cater to changing customer needs.
Industry participants in the concrete mixer market are Liebherr-International AG, Caterpillar, Sany Group, Sinotruk Hong Kong Ltd., Shantui Construction Machinery Co. Ltd., Zoomlion Heavy Industry Science & Technology Co., Ltd., and Terex Corporation.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.