Collagen Peptide and Gelatin Market
Collagen Peptide and Gelatin Market (Type - Type I (Fish and Others), and Type II (Hydrolyzed and Undenatured)) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2019 - 2027
Collagen Peptide and Gelatin Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global collagen peptide and gelatin market for the historical period 2017–2018 and forecast period 2019–2027, increase in commercialization of novel collagen-based drug delivery systems and rise in social awareness about personal well-being are projected to drive the global collagen peptide and gelatin market
- According to the report, the global collagen peptide and gelatin market was valued at US$ 5,976.9 Mn in 2018 and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 8.7% from 2019 to 2027
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Collagen Peptide and Gelatin Market
Increase in social awareness about personal well-being and rigorous research and development activities in regenerative medicine and wound healing: Key Drivers
- Major factors driving the collagen peptide application in nutraceuticals sector are awareness, affordability, and accessibility. People are more concerned about health and lifestyle, which has increased the demand for dietary supplements. In case of personal well-being, people are opting for functional foods and nutraceuticals to prevent age-related diseases and improve their health.
- Nutraceuticals are used by geriatric population and sportspersons, as these are a rich source of proteins and other essential supplements. According to the European Nutraceutical Association (ENA), lack of nutrition accounted for 38.6% of the deaths in developing nations such as China, India, and Brazil. Thus, deficiencies due to nutrition are not related to the economic classes, but to the type of food consumed by the people.
- In addition, mergers & acquisitions, new prebiotic/probiotic product launches, and heart health-enhancing nutraceuticals are expected to augment market growth
- Use of collagen in several medical devices and drugs is increasing, owing to its characteristics such as biodegradability, high absorption rates, positive effect on wound healing, and easy availability. Use of collagen in wound healing application is on the rise due to increase in geriatric and obese population worldwide along with rise in prevalence of several chronic diseases such as diabetes.
- It also reduces the occurrence of infections at the wound sites and minimizes the irritation. The use of collagen-based wound healing products is gaining utmost importance and this is likely to drive the market.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Focus on Geographic Expansion
- Companies in the global collagen peptide and gelatin market are undergoing strategic acquisitions and launching various products which enables product distribution in various regions and also strengthen their market share in the global market
- In February 2019, Lonza, a company based in Basel, Switzerland, expanded its distribution agreement with Quadra Chemicals Ltd (Quadra) in Canada to sell Lonza Consumer Health & Nutrition’s full range to customers in Canada. In November 2018, BioCell Technology, LLC launched BioCell collagen as a stand-alone ingredient featured in a new dietary supplement from the esteemed finished product.
Risk of Disease Transmission from Bovine and Porcine Collagen Sources and Negative Impact or Influence of Religious or Cultural Beliefs may Hamper Market
- Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE), also known as mad cow disease, is a neurodegenerative disease. The BSE epidemic in October 2009 caused deaths of 166 people in the U.K. The reason behind the deaths was induction of BSE-infected animals into the human food chain. Organizations such as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS), and the Veterinary Services (VS) imposed regulations on the import of animal or animal-derived materials in the U.S. that can spread diseases among humans. These regulations had a profound impact on the pricing of the empty capsules.
- Demand for porcine-based collagen products is increasing in North America and Europe in contrary to the demand in Asia Pacific and the Middle East. These religious influence might conflict with and can limit the treatment options, especially in surgery. For instance, Jewish can undergo surgery only with the help of porcine surgical implants while Muslims, in unavoidable circumstances, are permitted to use porcine surgical products. On the other hand, people practicing Hindu religion deny the use of bovine surgical implants. This research study was published in the Journal of American Medical Association (2012).
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Global Collagen Peptide and Gelatin Market: Competitive Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global collagen peptide and gelatin market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global collagen peptide and gelatin market is fragmented, with the presence of a number of international as well as regional players
- Various players operating in the global collagen peptide and gelatin market include
- Amicogen, Inc.
- BioCell Technology LLC
- Capsugel Belgium NV
- Catalent, Inc.
- ChinaTech Peptide Co. Ltd.
- GELITA AG
- InterHealth Nutraceuticals, Inc.
- Nitta Gelatin, Inc
- Norland Products, Inc.
Global Collagen Peptide and Gelatin Market: Key Developments
Key players in the global collagen peptide and gelatin market are engaged in regulatory approvals, technologically advanced products, launch of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies of key players are likely to fuel the growth of the global collagen peptide and gelatin market. A few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global collagen peptide and gelatin market are:
- In December 2019, Amicogen completed its production plant for manufacturing 300 tons of collagen peptides in Qingdao, China
- In January 2017, GELITA invested EUR 10.4 Mn in modern equipment in their Eberbach plant. This investment was done to make production more efficient by including four new washing drums, an extension of the leaf drying capacity, a new robot, and a fully automatic acid dilution plant.
- In September 2016, Lonza announced that it had closed the acquisition of InterHealth Nutraceuticals, Inc. This partnership allows Lonza to offer InterHealth’s more than 15 branded ingredients.
- Nitta Gelatin expanded their product portfolio and capabilities in 2016, with the addition of Vyse Gelatin to the Nitta Gelatin, Inc. family
The report on the global collagen peptide and gelatin market discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of collagen peptide and gelatin. The competitive landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global collagen peptide and gelatin market.
TMR’s report on the global collagen peptide and gelatin market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides revenue of the global collagen peptide and gelatin market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of the global collagen peptide and gelatin market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global collagen peptide and gelatin market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, companies’ presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global collagen peptide and gelatin market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global collagen peptide and gelatin market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global collagen peptide and gelatin market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global collagen peptide and gelatin market. Key players operating in the global collagen peptide and gelatin market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global collagen peptide and gelatin market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Global Collagen Peptide and Gelatin Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of product companies in the global collagen peptide and gelatin market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global collagen peptide and gelatin market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global collagen peptide and gelatin market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for collagen peptide and gelatin providers?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of the global collagen peptide and gelatin market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global collagen peptide and gelatin market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global collagen peptide and gelatin market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary methods referred to by analysts during the production of the global collagen peptide and gelatin market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the collagen peptide and gelatin market as primary methods.
These primary and secondary methods have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serve as a validation from the collagen peptide and gelatin market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global collagen peptide and gelatin market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global collagen peptide and gelatin market more reliably and accurately.
Regional Segmentation of Global Collagen Peptide and Gelatin Market
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Global Collagen Peptide and Gelatin Market – Segmentation
Middle East & Africa