CNS Therapeutics Market: Introduction
- Central nervous system (CNS) is an integral part of the nervous system that comprises brain and spinal cord. The primary function of CNS is to integrate the information received, and help in coordination of and controlling body activities.
- Diseases, such as autoimmune and inflammatory disorders, genetic disorders, cancers, and neurodegenerative diseases, affect the functionality of the spinal cord
- CNS therapeutic drugs are used for the treatment of these disorders
Key Drivers of Global CNS Therapeutics Market
- The global CNS therapeutics market is likely to be driven by the rise in ageing population, high prevalence of these disorders, and growth in the awareness about CNS therapeutics diseases. According to the National Institute on Aging, almost 524 million individuals, approximately 8% of the global population, were above the age of 65 in 2010. This number is expected to reach 1.5 billion, which is almost 16% of the global population, by 2050. The rate of incidence of CNS diseases increases with advancing age.
- Governments as well as non-government organizations across the globe are taking various initiatives to raise awareness about CNS disorders. Organizations are also raising funds to support clinical research & development for better treatment of the disease. For instance, April 11 is observed as World Parkinson's Day every year.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive CNS Therapeutics Market Brochure
- Unmet needs for the treatment of CNS disease are high. In order to fuel research and clinical developments in these disorders, governments, non-profit organizations, and pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies across the globe have allocated and increased their research funding budget over a period of time. This factor is expected to fuel the market growth during the forecast period.
- CNS therapeutics can be regarded as most important. There has been market growth with the introduction of various therapies due to novel mechanism of action, such as serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs).
- Patent expiry of drugs, however, is likely to affect the overall market growth during the forecast period
North America to Hold Major Share of Global CNS Therapeutics Market
- North America is projected to lead the market for CNS therapeutics during the forecast period. Factors, such as high number of reported cases of depression and anxiety as well as adoption of advanced therapeutics, are expected to fuel market growth.
- Awareness campaigns and conferences about identification and treatment of CNS diseases, which include mental diseases, are being organized by leading pharma companies and/or rehabilitation centers. This factor is expected to propel the number of patients opting for early diagnosis.
- CNS therapeutics market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness significant growth due to high rate of prevalence of neurodegenerative disorders, rise in awareness regarding mental health, and improvements in healthcare facilities. In developing countries, such as India and China, a large number of non-government organizations are offering cost-effective treatments to people with Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease. This factor is anticipated to propel the demand for CNS drugs in the region during the forecast period.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom CNS Therapeutics Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Major players operating in the global CNS therapeutics market are
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Eli Lilly and Company, Inc.
- Biogen, Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Novartis AG
Global CNS Therapeutics Market: Research Scope
Global CNS Therapeutics Market, by Disease Type
- Infectious Diseases
- Autoimmune & Inflammatory Disorders
- Genetic Disorders
- Psychiatric Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Substance Abuse
- Mood Disorders
Global CNS Therapeutics Market, by Application
- Home Care
Global CNS Therapeutics Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.