Clinical Trial Packaging Market
Clinical Trial Packaging Market (Packaging Type: Syringes, Vials & Ampoules, Blisters, Tubes, Bottles, Bags & Pouches, Sachets, Kits or Packs, and Others; Material: Plastic, Glass, Metal, Paper, and Corrugated Fiber; and End Use: Research Laboratories, Clinical Research Organizations, and Drug Manufacturing Facilities) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2027
Evolving Regulatory Framework, Consumer Demand to Drive Global Market
Over the past decade, sustainability remained one of the most popular themes across the packaging value chain, due to evolving regulatory guidelines and increasing consumer demand for sustainable packaging alternatives. A number of factors continue to influence consumer behavior and purchase decisions, particularly in the retail sector and, to some extent, across the pharmaceutical space. The increasing consumer affinity toward sustainable packaging is expected to remain one of the key factors that is likely to impact the growth of the global clinical trial packaging market during the forecast period, as a number of market players are leaning toward the adoption of sustainable packaging materials.
The onset of contract manufacturing within the pharmaceutical sector is another trend that is likely to propel the clinical trial packaging market during the assessment period. The rise in the number of clinical trials around the world, particularly in developing regions, including India, China, Thailand, and other ASEAN countries is anticipated to have a positive impact on the clinical trial packaging market during the assessment period. Moreover, as consumer continues to place more value in safety and hygiene due to the COVID-19 pandemic, players involved in the current clinical trial packaging market are anticipated to utilize safe and sustainable materials.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Clinical Trial Packaging Market
Innovative Concepts, Discovery of New Drugs to Fuel Market Growth
Research and development activities within the pharmaceutical sector have shifted gears in recent years, due to the increasing demand for new drugs and therapies– a factor that is expected to bolster the global clinical trial packaging market. The demand for glass bottles is on the rise owing to mounting concerns pertaining to the use of plastic. The consistent surge in the number of chronic diseases cases, including cancer, HIV, and epilepsy is expected to have a strong impact on the development of the global clinical trial packaging market during the assessment period. The rise in the number of research & development, along with the increasing support from governments for the development of new drugs, is anticipated to accelerate the growth of the global clinical trial packaging market during the assessment period.
Some of the factors that could hinder the growth of the clinical trial packaging market include lack of modern infrastructure in underdeveloped and developing regions and scarcity of trained personnel. Market players involved in the current clinical trial packaging market are increasingly focusing on developing their packaging solutions that can withstand filling, handling, transportation, etc. The advent of innovative pharmaceutical packaging concepts, including blow fill seal vials, two-in-one prefilled vial deigns, prefilled syringes, snap off ampoules, and child-resistant packs is projected to provide an impetus to growth of the global clinical trial packaging market during the assessment period.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Companies to Develop New Packaging Solutions to Hinder COVID-19 Spread
The advent of the COVID-19 pandemic is expected to have a strong influence on the clinical trial packaging market in 2020 and beyond. In the current scenario, market players are focusing on the development of new materials to meet packaging requirements during the COVID-19 crisis. The increasing demand for safe, sustainable, and hygienic packaging alternatives for healthcare products and eCommerce transportation is expected to augment the growth of the global clinical trial packaging market during the forecast period. The decline in the consumer demand for plastic packaging is anticipated to drive innovations across the clinical trial packaging market.
Due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, the demand for medical device kits and certain medicines has witnessed exponential growth. This factor is expected to fuel the expansion of the global clinical trial packaging market. Furthermore, the contract packaging trend has gained considerable momentum during the COVID-19 crisis. Thus, the demand for pressure sensitive labels, folding cartons, and convenient vial filling has increased. Market players are also estimated to expand their manufacturing capacities during the ongoing pandemic to cater to the surge in the demand.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Clinical Trial Packaging Market
The global clinical trial packaging market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 7.3% during the assessment period. Notable rise in the number of chronic diseases worldwide, increase in investments toward research and development, and support from governments to develop new drugs and medications are anticipated to drive the clinical trial packaging market during the forecast period. In addition, mounting concerns linked with plastic have compelled the players involved in the current market landscape to lean toward other non-plastic alternatives. Companies should focus on expanding their production capacities to cater to the increasing demand for clinical trial packaging during the COVID-19 crisis.
Clinical Trial Packaging Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global clinical trial packaging market for the forecast period of 2020-2027, the market is estimated to be driven by rising clinical trial activities coupled with rapid adoption of contract manufacturing in the pharma sector
- The global clinical trial packaging market is anticipated expand by ~1.7x times to current market value with a CAGR of 7.3% during forecast period
Current Trend of Contract Manufacturing in Pharmaceuticals Industry Drives Market
- Rapidly rising clinical trials and research & development activities among leading pharmaceutical companies across the globe have created the massive demand for contract manufacturing in the global pharmaceutical industry. These contract manufacturing organizations offer services related to active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) production, drug product development, and packaging.
- Furthermore, leading pharmaceutical companies are opting for contract manufacturing organizations for clinical trials, as they lower several costs such as operational, transportation, and logistics
- This current trend of outsourcing in global pharmaceutical industry for clinical trials is anticipated to drive the clinical trial packaging market during the forecast period
Manufacturers Target High Potential Asian Countries
- High potential Asian countries such as India and China are leading manufacturers and exporters of pharmaceutical drugs across the globe. Growing private sector and regional government investments in pharmaceutical R&D in Asian countries has opened new doors of opportunities for clinical trial packaging manufacturers. Pharmaceutical industry in the Asia Pacific region has witnessed outstanding market growth in recent years and likely to experience significant market growth during the upcoming years. Manufacturers operating in the global clinical trial packaging market can target these lucrative countries on the back of rising pharmaceutical clinical trials activities in these countries.
- Furthermore, low production and packaging cost in Asia Pacific region led clinical trial packaging manufacturers to expand their business boundaries to Asian countries. Thus, packaging manufacturers can focus on Asian countries to reinforce their market position and financial profitability as well.
Frequent Need of Booklet Labels in Clinical Trials Augment Sales
- Global clinical trial packaging market is characterized by R&D and new formulations of several drugs. Packaging solutions such as multiply booklet labels are frequently used in packaging of clinical research trials. These booklet labels provide multi-functionality features for communicating variable data through labelling. Booklet labels allow packaging manufacturers to summarize enormous paperwork in compressed spaces.
- Furthermore, booklet labels used in clinical trial packaging support labelling requirements that cover the integration of several languages, regulation compliance of multiple countries, and accommodation in clear structure and legible content. Rising demand for such booklet labels in clinical trials is likely to accelerate market growth during the foreseeable future.
Clinical Trial Packaging Market: Key Findings
- Based on material, the plastic segment is projected to lead the overall clinical trial packaging market with capturing more than half of the market share in 2020. The same segment is projected to offer total incremental opportunity of US$ ~470 Mn with expansion of 1.7x times by its value during the next seven years.
- In terms of end use, research laboratories segment is expected to be the most lucrative segment of the clinical trial packaging market. The same segment is generating consistent demand for clinical trial packaging solutions and anticipated to hold more than 60% portion of total market share by the end of 2027.
- In terms of market share and revenue generation, North America region is anticipated to outpace the global clinical trial packaging market. Rapid penetration coupled with increase in R&D activities in the pharmaceutical industry in North America is fueling market growth during the forecast period.
Clinical Trial Packaging Market: Competition Landscape
- TMR analysed that the global clinical trial packaging market is highly competitive, owing to new start-ups and entry of local players. This completion among key players is carefully studied based on developments, strategies, and segmental revenue of companies over the past five years.
- The recent study of clinical trial packaging market includes profiles of players such as Bilcare Limited, Westrock Company, Fisher Clinical Services, Piramal Enterprises Ltd, WuXi AppTec, PCI Pharma Services, Pharmaterials Ltd, Almac Group Limited, PAREXEL International Corporation, and The Coghlan Group, among others
- TMR differentiated these players as Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 as per their segmental earnings. Among these players, Bilcare Limited, Fisher Clinical Services, and The Coghlan Group are identified as Tier 1 players in clinical trial packaging market. The Tier 2 players are Almac Group Limited, Piramal Enterprises Ltd, Westrock Company, and PCI Pharma Services. Tier 3 players are NextPharma Technologies, Xerimis Inc, Sentry BioPharma Services, etc.
COVID-19 Impact: Rise in Clinical Trials Supplements Sales
- Prominent pharmaceutical companies across the globe are consistently carrying several clinical trials to develop and launch new vaccines against the COVID-19 virus. Global spread of novel COVID-19 has driven leading pharmaceutical companies to conduct high number of clinical trials to battle against the pandemic. This, in turn, has created massive demand for pharmaceutical packaging solutions, including clinical trial packaging.
- In addition, this rising demand for clinical trials packaging solutions such as vials & ampoules, syringes, and bottles, among others, is not only in mature markets of North America and Europe, but also in Asian countries. Overall, COVID-19 pandemic has somehow fueled the demand for clinical trials packaging solutions.
With Several Medical Trials Underway, Clinical Trial Packaging Market to Witness Promising Growth
Companies in the global Clinical trial packaging market are primarily focusing on expanding their regional footprint with the help of mergers, takeovers and acquisitions. These companies in the clinical trial packaging market are trying to set up different operations in the different markets that have strategic benefit. These manufacturers are serving the on-going clinical trials and also investing in setting up and expanding their overall operations in different market with economic and regional advantage.
The global clinical trial packaging market has witnessed impressive growth in the past decade, due to growing pharmaceutical packaging products trade across the globe. The demand of clinical trial packaging has witnessed an upstick in the recent past. Clinical trial packaging manufacturers are investing in research and development process that can create sustainable solution for the industry.
Unlike commercial packaging, clinical trial packaging will never hit the shelves of retail stores. This packaging is for research purposes only, so aesthetics take a slight backseat to functionality and usability, which are of primary importance. In some cases, graphics might even be completely omitted as in the instance of a blind study where anonymity is critical to the success of the test. This also means that the purpose and target users of the packaging, regulatory requirements, packaging logistics and storage considerations might be different than those for the eventual commercialized product. Once that has been established, designers are able to focus accordingly and create concepts that fit the needs of the product. The process is generally a lot quicker than for commercialization packaging as it usually requires a lot fewer iterations and presentations between designer and client–it will not be market-facing and therefore can have a simpler aesthetic.
The global clinical trial packaging market witnessed some rapid growth during recent months affected by the global COVID-19 pandemic. With several major pharma players across the globe working on clinical trials to create potent vaccine, the market is projected to witness a promising rate of growth in the near future.
Clinical Trial Packaging Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research (TMR) started a new study on the global clinical trial packaging market, providing forecast for the period of 2020-2027. In the study, growth opportunity for the clinical trial packaging market is witnessed. The report provides valuable insights, which enable readers to make winning business decisions for future growth of their businesses. The report highlights significant factors that are constantly determining the growth of the clinical trial packaging market, untapped opportunities for manufacturers, trends & developments, and other insights across various key segments. Macroeconomic factors that are directly or indirectly affecting market growth are also incorporated in the report.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Clinical Trial Packaging Market Report
- What will be market size for clinical trial packaging by the end of 2027?
- What will be the impact of COVID-19 on clinical trial packaging market?
- Which is the most preferred material for manufacturing clinical trial packaging solutions in the global market?
- Which region will remain most lucrative for market growth?
- Which end use holds maximum market share in the global clinical trial packaging market?
- Who are major key players in the clinical trial packaging market?
Key indicators associated with the clinical trial packaging market have been calculated thoroughly in the report. The study enumerates vital market dynamics such as key drivers, challenges, and trends, along with opportunities in the global clinical trial packaging market. A comprehensive study on the value chain, which includes component suppliers, manufacturers, distributors, and end users, has been incorporated in the global market report. Other key aspects laid down in the market include pricing strategy of leading market players and comparative analysis of clinical trial packaging. Furthermore, forecast factors and forecast scenarios of the clinical trial packaging market have been covered in the report to understand future prospects of the market.
A comprehensive evaluation and forecast on the clinical trial packaging market are provided on the packaging type, material, end use, and region.
Y-o-Y growth comparison, volume and revenue comparison, and market share comparison of various market segments are provided in the report. The clinical trial packaging market is analyzed at both regional and country levels.
The report delivers an exhaustive assessment on the structure of the clinical trial packaging market, in tandem with a dashboard view of all leading company profiles in the report. Every company’s share analysis on market players have also been presented in the report, apart from the footprint matrix of profiled market players. The report depicts the presence of clinical trial packaging manufacturers by leveraging an intensity map. It also highlights key end uses for clinical trial packaging.
The report includes company overview of key players. Some of the key companies profiled in the clinical trial packaging market report include Bilcare Ltd., Fisher Clinical Services, Inc, WuXi AppTec, Inc, PCI Pharma Services, Almac Group Limited, PharMaterials Ltd., Westrock Company, Piramal Enterprises Ltd, Körber Medipak Systems AG, Sharp Packaging Systems, LLC, Rubicon Research Private Limited, etc.
A realistic methodology, along with a holistic approach makes the base for sharp insights, which are provided in the clinical trial packaging market for the study evaluation period. The TMR report comprises of detailed information on growth prospects, along with riveting insights into the forecast assessment of the market.
Extensive primary and secondary researches have been employed to garner keen insights into the forecast study of the clinical trial packaging market. The report has further undergone a cross-validation by in-house professionals to make the clinical trial packaging market report one-of-its-kind, with the highest credibility.
Clinical Trial Packaging Market – Segmentation
The global clinical trial packaging market has been divided on the basis of packaging type, material, end use, and region. Each of these segments are analyzed to provide readers with holistic view of the market.