Chlorinated Paraffins Market
Chlorinated Paraffins Market (L-grade, M-grade, and H-grade) for Lubricating Additives, Plastic Additives, Rubber, Paints, Metalworking Fluids, and Other Applications - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Global Chlorinated Paraffins Market: Key Highlights
- The global demand for chlorinated paraffins stood nearly US$ 1.70 Bn in 2018 and is projected to reach over US$ 2.31 Bn by 2027. The global chlorinated paraffins market is primarily driven by modest demand for chlorinated paraffins in lubricants and PVC compounds. Increasing demand for flame retardants and PVC compounds in Asia Pacific and Latin America is expected to act as key driver for the chlorinated paraffins market in the next few years.
- Chlorinated paraffins are synthetic chemicals manufactured by chlorination of paraffins of various carbon chain lengths. Based on the carbon chain length, chlorinated paraffins are generally classified into L-grade, M-grade, and H-grade. Additionally, each of these chlorinated paraffins is further classified based on the level of chlorination such as less than 40%, 40% to 70%, and above 70% chlorine by weight. The most commercial grade used in all the three product segments is 40% to 70% by weight, as further addition of chlorine content in paraffin wax affects viscosity and limits the application range.
- Chlorinated paraffins are cost-effective; hence, these are primarily employed in applications such as lubricating additives, plastic additives, rubber, paints, and metalworking fluids. Increasing demand for these paraffins in the metalworking industry in developing regions is expected to boost the demand for chlorinated paraffins during the forecast period.
- Growth in the flame retardant industry is expected to play a vital role in boosting demand for chlorinated paraffins during the forecast period. Factors such as new environmental regulations, safety standards from end-user industries, and stricter fire-safety standards in developed regions such as North America and Europe are likely to boost demand for flame retardants. This, in turn, would propel the chlorinated paraffins market in the near future.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Global Chlorinated Paraffins Market: Segmental Insights
- In terms of volume, m-grade dominated the market, followed by h-grade and l-grade, in 2018. The domination by m-grade is expected to shift toward h-grade, considering stringent environmental regulations in developed regions. However, m-grade is likely to continue be used extensively in various applications such as lubricating additives, metalworking fluids, and PVC additives in developing regions.
- In terms of application, metalworking fluids was the largest segment of the chlorinated paraffins market, accounting for over 35% share of the market in terms of demand in 2018. Chlorinated paraffins are used as extreme pressure lubricants in metal cutting applications. In addition to lubrication, these paraffins are employed in metalworking applications due to their flame retardant properties.
- Plastic additives was the second-largest application segment of the chlorinated paraffins market in 2018. The segment is anticipated to be the fastest-growing application segment of the chlorinated paraffins market between 2019 and 2027. Rising demand for PVC compounds in various end-user industries is estimated to propel the demand for chlorinated paraffins during the forecast period.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Global Chlorinated Paraffins: Regional Insights
- In terms of volume, Asia Pacific held the largest share of the global chlorinated paraffins market in 2018. The region constituted more than 55% share of the global chlorinated paraffins in 2018. Easy availability of raw materials, moderate growth in the metalworking industry, and economical cost of chlorinated paraffins have boosted the chlorinated paraffins market in the region. Asia Pacific is also likely to be the fastest-growing regional market for chlorinated paraffins during the forecast period.
- Increasing demand for PVC compounds and metalworking fluids, primarily due to rapid surge in the plastic and metalworking industries, respectively, in China, India and ASEAN countries, is expected to drive the demand for chlorinated paraffins in the region in the next few years. However, the chlorinated paraffins market is anticipated to witness low growth in developed regions owing to rising environmental and health concerns associated with chlorinated paraffins.
- Middle East & Africa is estimated to witness moderate growth during the forecast period. Factors such as presence of better substitutes and modest growth in downstream industries are affecting growth of the chlorinated paraffins market in the region. The chlorinated paraffins market in Latin America is projected to expand modestly, owing to supply constraints from North America and moderate-to high-growth in the plastic and metalworking industries in the coming years.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Chlorinated Paraffins Market, ask for a customized report
Global Chlorinated Paraffins: Competition Landscape
- The global chlorinated paraffins market is significantly fragmented. Key players in the chlorinated paraffins market include
- Ajinomoto Fine-Techno Co., Inc.
- Altair Chimica SpA
- NCP Chlorchem
- Dover Chemical Corporation
- Leuna Tenside GmbH
- Química del Cinca
- Caffaro Industrie S.p.A.
- JSC Kaustik
- KLJ Group
- Qualice, LLC
- United Group, Makwell Group,
- Aditya Birla Chemicals.
- Strict regulations over manufacturing and potential prohibition in developed regions may lead to reduced competition in developed regions. However, competition from small players in developing regions is expected to play a vital role in the next few years.
- Long-term raw material supply contracts and established distribution channels offer existing key manufacturers with distinct advantages in terms of cost and product quality
- In April 2013, Qualice LLC started its chlorine manufacturing unit. The manufacturing unit is engaged in the manufacture of chlorinated products including very long chain chlorinated olefins and chlorinated paraffins.
- In 2008, KLJ Group commenced the production of chlorinated paraffins at the manufacturing plant located in Thailand. The manufacturing plant has a production capacity of 12,000 tons per annum.
TMR’s recent publication on the global chlorinated paraffins market provides audiences with an overall market outlook, with the help of comprehensive assessment of the global market scenario. TMR’s study on the global chlorinated paraffins market analyzes the market with respect to the historical and current market scenario and offers forecast for the period from 2019 to 2027.
Report readers are able to make important decisions pertaining to their business with a wealth of information and exclusive insights on the global chlorinated paraffins market enclosed in the study. The report on the global chlorinated paraffins market also provides in-depth understanding of key market trends and advancement made by companies. This TMR report is divided into different sections to allow readers to gain individual understanding of the global chlorinated paraffins market.
Key Queries Addressed in Report
- How much volume sales is expected to be generated in the global chlorinated paraffins market by the products during the forecast period?
- What are key growth indicators and market dynamics that are expected to drive the global chlorinated paraffins market in the next five years?
- Which regions are estimated to provide lucrative opportunities to the global chlorinated paraffins market during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies adopted by key players operating in the global chlorinated paraffins market in order to expand their geographical presence?
The first section of the TMR’s report on the global chlorinated paraffins market begins with a premise that includes report scope, market segmentation, and research highlights. This is followed by the executive summary that highlights aspects of the global chlorinated paraffins market covered in the study. This section provides brief understanding of market elements and enables readers to understand the aspects covered in the study. The report also includes market dynamics on chlorinated paraffins that offer understanding of market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The next section includes segmentation analysis of the global chlorinated paraffins market. This evaluation includes segmentation of the global chlorinated paraffins market based on type, application and region. Furthermore, analysis of key segments, year-on-year growth projection, and basis point share analysis are included in the report. These help readers identify promising areas for growth of the market.
The TMR’s study on the global chlorinated paraffins market offers assessment of the geographical landscape of the market. The regional study helps market competitors make important decisions pertaining to their business. Individualized, region-wise, and segment-wise analysis helps readers decipher the growth potential for the market across various geographies. Supported by year-on-year growth projection and global market value and volume share, this section is a vital part of the chlorinated paraffins report.
The study on the global chlorinated paraffins market offers a holistic competitive value judgment, with details of leading as well as emerging market players. The dashboard view of competitors operating in the global chlorinated paraffins market allows readers to understand business strategies of these players along with their performance.
The TMR’s report on the global chlorinated paraffins market is based on detailed estimation of the market, with the inclusion of comprehensive primary and secondary research inputs. Detailed investigation of the global chlorinated paraffins market, in terms of competition scenario, is supported by individual-level examination of different avenues related to the market. Furthermore, for secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the required understanding of the global chlorinated paraffins market. This helps TMR’s analysts derive crucial predictions and forecast of the global chlorinated paraffins market. Readers can access the study of the global chlorinated paraffins market to gain projected market analysis for the period from 2019 to 2027.
Global Chlorinated paraffins Market: Segmentation