Centrifuge Market (Product: Equipment and Accessories; Model Type: Benchtop Centrifuges and Floor-standing Centrifuges; Rotor Design: Fixed-angle Rotors, Swinging-bucket Rotors, Vertical Rotors, and Other Rotors; Intended Use: General Purpose Centrifuges, Clinical Centrifuges, and Pre-clinical Centrifuges; Application: Clinical, Research, and Biotherapeutic Manufacturing; and End User: Hospitals & Blood Banks, Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical Companies, CROs, C(D)MOs, and Academic & Research Institutions) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020 - 2030
Press Release :
Unprecedented Demand for Vaccines and Drugs amidst COVID-19
The World Health Organization (WHO) announced a fresh set of laboratory biosafety guidelines that are associated with the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) for healthcare professionals. WHO continues to monitor developments and revise their recommendations, since coronavirus is limited, but rapidly growing in major economies. Specific manipulations in laboratories such as loading and unloading of sealed centrifuge cups, grinding, and blending may cause splashing of droplets and aerosols of potentially infectious materials. Hence, companies in the centrifuge market as well as lab professionals are notified about routine laboratory procedures to prevent further spread of COVID-19.
As per the WHO, research professionals are advised to conduce centrifugation of specimens using sealed centrifuge rotors and sample cups. Companies in the centrifuge market are capitalizing on the opportunity to help pharmaceutical companies develop drugs and vaccines that prevent the spread of coronavirus.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Centrifuge Market
Microfluidic Device Design Works as Mini Centrifuge Machines for Enhanced Drug Development
New rotor designs are playing an instrumental role in innovations as simple as the size of a grain of sand for advanced blood cells analysis. For instance, the research team at the RMIT University, Australia, are innovating with micro devices enabling tailored experiments in drug delivery and disease research with the help of organ-on-chip systems. Thus, companies in the centrifuge market should collaborate with such researchers to develop lab-on-a-chip devices that function like mini centrifuge machines for analyzing blood and other fluid samples. This is evident, since the revenue of hospitals and blood banks is projected for exponential growth in the centrifuge market, where the market is estimated to progress at a modest CAGR ~4% during the forecast period.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Microfluidic devices are fueling innovations in new chip technologies by eliminating the need for large volume samples. These innovations are playing a key role in the study of cardiovascular diseases. The device’s soft spherical cavities are being used to mimic 3D (Three Dimensional) human organs, whilst analyze how cells respond in various flow conditions or drug interactions.
3D Printed Centrifuges Overcome Barriers Associated with Conventional Centrifuges in STEM-focused Programs
Centrifuges are increasingly mainstream in laboratories as well as for general applications such as for DNA isolation and clinical diagnostics. However, traditional centrifuges are prohibitively expensive in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)-focused programs and resource-limited settings. Hence, companies in the centrifuge market are gaining efficacy in 3D printed hand-powered centrifuges that are replacing conventional centrifuges. As such, paper-based centrifuges are generating incremental opportunities for companies in the centrifuge market, since 3D printed instruments in these centrifuges are capable of increasing volume capacity and reach high centrifugation speeds.
3D printed hand-powered centrifuges are contributing toward the substantial revenue of the centrifuge market, which is expected to reach a value of ~US$ 1 Bn by the end of 2030. These centrifuges are benefitting healthcare professionals, as they provide a range of solutions such as spinning down samples for biomarker applications and conducting nucleotide extractions in portable molecular lab setups. Thus, low cost attributes of 3D printed centrifuges are being highly publicized in remote field biology and educational settings.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Local risk assessment has become a mandate in laboratory and clinical settings as per the WHO guidelines due to the widespread reach of the coronavirus. The 3D printing technology is revolutionizing the centrifuge market for rapid development of drugs and production of cost-effective diagnostic tools.
The high-quality whole-genome amplification (WGA) has become an indispensable part of laboratories for deriving genetic information on single cells in biology and medicines. However, the time-consuming droplet generation process and difficulties in parallel operation for multiple single-cell samples remain major obstacles. Hence, companies in the centrifuge market should acquire expertise in centrifugal-driven droplet generation method for rapid and convenient generation of uniform droplets from relatively small volume samples.
Centrifuge Market: Overview
- The global centrifuge market was valued at ~US$ 1 Bn in 2019 and is projected to expand at a considerable CAGR from 2020 to 2030. Centrifuges can be defined as machines, which employ centrifugal force for the separation of substances of different densities, aids in removing moisture, and for stimulation of gravitational effects.
- The global centrifuge market is driven by the growth of the life sciences industry, increasing prevalence of infectious diseases, growing research in genomics and proteomics, and increasing prevalence of blood related diseases leading to the demand for blood components
Centrifuge Market: Segmentation
- The global centrifuge market has been segmented based on product, model type, rotor design, intended use, application, end user, and region
- In terms of product, the global centrifuge market has been categorized into equipment and accessories. The equipment segment is further segmented into multipurpose centrifuges, microcentrifuges (excluding minicentrifuges), ultracentrifuges, floor model centrifuges, and high speed centrifuges. The ultracentrifuges sub-segment is further divided into preparative ultracentrifuges and analytical ultracentrifuges. The accessories segment is further sub-segmented into rotors, tubes, centrifuge bottles, buckets, plates, and other accessories.
- Based on model type, the global centrifuge market has been classified into benchtop centrifuges and floor-standing centrifuges. In terms of rotor type, centrifuge market can be segmented into fixed-angle rotors, swinging-bucket rotors, vertical rotors, and others. Based on intended use, the centrifuge market has been segmented into general purpose centrifuges, clinical centrifuges, and preclinical centrifuges.
- In terms of application, the global centrifuge market has been divided into clinical, research, and biotherapeutic manufacturing. The clinical segment is further segmented into diagnostics, blood component separation, and blood banking. The research segment is sub-segmented into microbiology, cellomics, genomics, proteomics, and others. The biotherapeutic manufacturing segment is sub-segmented into viral vectors, antibodies, hormones, nanoparticles, plasmid preparation, and vaccine manufacturing.
- In terms of end user, the global centrifuge market is segmented into hospitals and blood banks, biotechnology & pharmaceutical companies, CROs, C(D)MOs, and academic & research institutions
Centrifuge Market: Regional Segmentation
- In terms of region, the global centrifuge market has been divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global centrifuge market in 2018 and the trend is expected to continue during the forecast period
- The centrifuge market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a high CAGR from 2019 to 2027. Growth of the market in the region can be attributed to increase in the number of patients suffering from infectious diseases and focus of leading players on strengthening presence in emerging markets.
Centrifuge Market: Major Players
- Key players operating in the global centrifuge market include
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Danaher Corporation
- Dickinson and Company (BD)
- Sartorius AG,
- Eppendorf AG
- KUBOTA Corporation
- Sigma Laborzentrifugen GmbH
- Andreas Hettich GmbH & Co. KG
- These players focus on adopting inorganic growth strategies and product launches to strengthen their product portfolio. Thermo Fisher Scientific is one of the leading players in the centrifuge market. Its strong presence can be attributed to its extensive product portfolio and its strong brand recognition. Furthermore, the company strengthened its presence in the centrifuge market through a range of product launches over the years, including a range of blood banking centrifuges, Sorvall BP 8, and mini centrifuges. This enabled the company to enhance and expand its end user base.
Centrifuge Market - Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global centrifuge market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators for the global market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. The report provides the overall revenue of the global centrifuge market from 2018 to 2030, considering 2019 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global centrifuge market for the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with market leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global centrifuge market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts also employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomena in the global centrifuge market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth pattern of various segments and sub-segments included in the scope of the study. Additionally, the report sheds light on the changing competition dynamics in the global centrifuge market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global centrifuge market. The next section of the report highlights the USPs, which include regulatory scenario assessment, technological advances, brand analysis, and key industry developments, in the global centrifuge market.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global centrifuge market. Key players operating in the global centrifuge market have been identified and each one of these has been profiled for its distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players profiled in the global centrifuge market report.
Key Questions Answered in Centrifuge Market Report
- What will be the sales revenue generated by centrifuge across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the key trends in the global centrifuge market?
- What are major drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global centrifuge market?
- Which regional market is set to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which application segment will generate the maximum revenue by 2030 and which product segment will expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
Centrifuge Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global centrifuge market begins with an overview of the market, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives of the study and healthcare compliances laid down by accredited agencies in the purview of research in the global centrifuge market. It is followed by market introduction, market dynamics, and an overview of the global centrifuge market, which includes TMR’s analysis of market drivers, restraints, and trends affecting the market. Furthermore, Y-o-Y growth analysis with elaborate insights has been provided to understand the Y-o-Y growth trends of the global market. The next section of the global centrifuge market report highlights the USPs, which include regulatory scenarios for centrifuge globally, technological advancements, and developments in the global market.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into smaller sections. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
Revenue generated by key players in the global centrifuge market has been mapped to ascertain the size of the global centrifuge market in terms of value. The forecast presented here assesses the total revenue generated in the global centrifuge market. In order to provide an accurate forecast, we initiated by sizing up the current centrifuge market with the help of the parent market.
The report analyzes the global centrifuge market in terms of product, model type, rotor design, intended use, application, end user, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length and the market share of each of these by the end of 2030 has been provided. These valuable insights would help market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investments in the global centrifuge market.
Centrifuge Market – Segmentation
Hospitals & Blood Banks
Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical
Academic & Research Institutions
Rest of the World