Cell & Tissue Preservation Market
Cell & Tissue Preservation Market (Type: Cells and Tissues; Application: Therapeutics, Research & Development, Drug Discovery, and Others; Product: Equipment, Bio Preservation Media, and Software; and End User: Biobanks, Hospitals, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Implementation of Risk-mitigation Strategies at Fertility Centers amidst COVID-19 Pandemic
The reopening of fertility care services in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic lead to numerous concerns that need immediate addressing. Companies in the cell & tissue preservation market are gaining awareness about these concerns to prevent the risk of cross-contamination and transmission at the fertility centers. Due to the novelty of the disease, there is a need for more information confirming an association of coronavirus with reproductive tissues, embryos, and gametes.
Cryobanking, being an essential service in fertility preservation, is linked with the risk of cross-contamination through the cryogenic mediums. Stakeholders are increasing research to find possible sources of cross-contamination through liquid nitrogen.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Cell & Tissue Preservation Market
Ice-related Damage in Tissues Creates Drawbacks in Cryopreservation
Cryopreservation holds potential to strongly benefit several areas of medicine by increasing the ease with which therapeutic cells, tissues, and organs can be stored. However, it has been found that extracellular ice directly damages tissues, either by puncturing or crushing cell membranes or by disrupting extracellular structures. In order to reduce the extent of ice-related damage, stakeholders are making use of cryopreservation protocols such as the CPAs (cryoprotective agents).
CPAs help to reduce the concentration of electrolytes and ice formation by hydrogen bonding with water molecules to prevent them from bonding to ice crystals. CPAs capable of crossing cell membranes are crucial in cryopreservation. The use of such molecules, termed penetrating CPAs (pCPAs), can substantially reduce cryoinjury.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Application of Oxygen in Preservation of Transplant Organs Gains Popularity
The cell & tissue preservation market is projected to grow at a robust CAGR of 11.9% from 2021 to 2031. Giner Life Sciences - a privately-held company focused on the development and commercialization of oxygenated cell therapies, is pursuing new approaches in the application of oxygen for the preservation of transplant organs and clusters of cells inside implantable capsules. Companies in the cell & tissue preservation market are taking cues from such innovative approaches to develop transportation devices for a donated pancreas organ, which incorporates an on-demand oxygen generator.
Transportation device incorporating an on-demand oxygen generator holds potential to supply oxygen to the vasculature of the pancreas as soon as possible after it is donated.
Toxicity of DMSO Leads to Innovations in Biomimetic Materials
There is a need for mid-range automation for cryopreservation. Companies in the cell & tissue preservation market are innovating in robot in order to meet this demand. Though dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) is considered as the gold standard for cryopreservation of mammalian cells and tissues, certain concentrations of DMSO can be toxic to cells. Thus, to mitigate potential toxicity problems, companies in the cell & tissue preservation market are increasing research on using different combinations of cryoprotective agents such as supplementing a lower concentration of DMSO with the glycerol or polypropylene glycol.
Moreover, companies are increasing efforts to introduce alternatives to DMSO such as biomimetic materials that are called the antifreeze protein or an ice-binding protein.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Cell & Tissue Preservation Market
Companies in the cell & tissue preservation market are adopting strategies to reduce the risks of cross-contamination at fertility centers, especially for oncofertility, amid the COVID-19 pandemic.. The cell & tissue preservation market is expected to reach US$ 10.04 Bn by 2031. However, one of the main limitations of current cryopreservation methods is the recovery rate of cells after freezing. Hence, companies should increase research in antifreeze proteins that have the potential to mimic the properties of synthetic polymers in cryopreservation methods. In addition, transportation devices incorporating on-demand oxygen generator are being publicized for use in organ transplant applications.
Cell & Tissue Preservation Market: Overview
- Cell & tissue banks are biorepositories for the preservation of human and animal cells & tissues utilized for biodiversity studies, disease diagnosis, and research. These banks assist in the storage of various types of tissue samples such as bone, skin, cornea, heart valves, umbilical cord, and human soft tissues.
- Cell & tissue banks vary significantly in size, with cell & tissue banks in medical institutions storing a moderate number of samples, while national tissue banks store a large number of samples. These samples are utilized to support research, particularly studies in personalized medicine, genetic disorders, and stem cell research to treat genetic conditions and maintain and update age demographic databases.
- Increasing demand for regenerative medicines is a significant factor driving the global cell & tissue preservation market. These medicines are capable of replacing, engineering, and regenerating functional cells, tissues for treating tissue loss due to age-related diseases or conditions, diseases, major injury, or congenital defects.
- Other vital factors driving the market include increasing prevalence of cardiovascular and neurological disorders, a variety of cancers, diabetes, and other diseases
- Increasing need for storage of organs for transplant and research of new patient medicines in research center initiatives by healthcare organizations to improvise healthcare facilities are anticipated to fuel the global cell & tissue preservation market
Market Segmentation: Cell & Tissue Preservation Market
- In terms of type, the global cell & tissue preservation market has been classified into cells and tissues. Cells have been split into mammalian cells & others (microorganisms and plant cells). The tissues segment has been categorized into blood, bone, soft tissues, skin, and others. Rise in investments in the field of regenerative medicine research is estimated to propel the market. Human blood, tissues, cells, and organs own the capability to heal damaged tissues and organs with long-term advantages.
- Based on application, the global cell & tissue preservation market has been divided into therapeutics, research & development, drug discovery, and others. Tissues preserved in tissue banks could be utilized to fulfill a variety of medical needs of people. For instance, heart valves can be used in patients with heart disorders; corneal transplantation can be used to provide vision to blind people; tendons and ligaments can be used in orthopedic surgery; and blood can be employed to treat blood disorders.
- In terms of product, the global cell & tissue preservation market has been divided into equipment, bio preservation media, and software. The equipment segment has been further sub-segmented into freezers, thawing equipment, refrigerators, storage systems, and others. While the bio preservation media segment has been further classified into home-brew media and pre-formulated media. In terms of equipment type, the cryopreservation systems segment dominated the market in 2020. Cryopreservation is the process of cooling followed by storage of frozen cells to provide a continuous supply of genetically stable living cells by inhibiting all biochemical activities that are to be used for procedures such as organ donation, bone marrow transplant, and others.
- Based on end user, the global cell & tissue preservation market has been segmented into biobanks, hospitals, and others. Biobanks store numerous different types of biospecimens, ranging from cells and small tissue samples right through to whole organs, whole limbs, or even whole bodies. Cells and small biospecimens could be flash frozen in cryoprotectant solutions and stored in liquid nitrogen to preserve their structure and function.
- Each of the segments has been analyzed in detail for market trends, recent trends, and developments, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and useful insights. The cell & tissue preservation market report provides current and expected revenue (US$ Mn) for each of these segments from 2021 to 2031, considering 2020 as the base year. The compound annual growth rate (% CAGR) has been provided for each segment and market from 2021 to 2031, along with market size estimations.
Regional Overview: Cell & Tissue Preservation Market
- In terms of region, the global cell & tissue preservation market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The regions have been divided into major countries and sub-regions.
- The current and expected market value (US$ Mn) of these regional markets and their major countries have been provided in the report from 2021 to 2031, with their CAGRs from 2021 to 2031
- The study also offers a list of recommendations, highlights, and useful insights of the global cell & tissue preservation market, which would help new companies willing to enter the market and existing companies to increase market shares and in the decision-making process
- The cell & tissue preservation market report concludes with the company profiles section, which includes key information about major players in the global cell & tissue preservation market
- Leading players analyzed in the report include
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Merck KGaA
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Avantor, Inc.
- FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific
- BioLifeSolutions Inc.
- Princeton CryoTech
- STEMCELL Technologies Inc.
- LGC SeraCare
- Corning Incorporated
- CellGenix GmbH
- Each of these players has been profiled in the cell & tissue preservation market report based on parameters such as company overview, financial overview, business strategies, application portfolio, business segments, and recent developments
Cell & Tissue Preservation Market – Scope of Report
TMR’s report on the global cell & tissue preservation market studies the past as well as the current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2021 to 2031. The report provides the revenue of the global cell & tissue preservation market for the period of 2017–2031, considering 2020 as the base year and 2031 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) of the global cell & tissue preservation market from 2021 to 2031.
The report has been prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involved bulk of the research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with key opinion leaders, industry leaders, and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the cell & tissue preservation market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various attributes of the global cell & tissue preservation market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Moreover, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global cell & tissue preservation market. These serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global cell & tissue preservation market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global cell & tissue preservation market. Key players operating in the global cell & tissue preservation market are identified and each one of these is profiled in terms of various attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are the attributes of players in the global cell & tissue preservation market profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Cell & Tissue Preservation Market Report
- What is the sales/revenue generated by the cell & tissue preservation market across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the opportunities in the global cell & tissue preservation market?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the market?
- Which regional market is set to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which product segment is expected to generate the highest revenue globally in 2030?
- Which segment is projected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
- What are the market positions of different companies operating in the global market?
Cell & Tissue Preservation Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global cell & tissue preservation market begins with an overview, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. The report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study and key vendors and distributors operating in the market and regulatory scenario for approval of products.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into smaller ones. The report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global cell & tissue preservation market in terms of type, application, product, end user and region. Key segments under each criterion are studied at length, and the market share for each of these at the end of 2031 has been provided. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investment in the global cell & tissue preservation market.
Cell & Tissue Preservation Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global cell & tissue preservation market includes information divided into five segments: type, application, product, end user, and region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these segments of the global cell & tissue preservation market are discussed in detail.