Cell Therapy Technologies Market: Overview
Cell therapy, also called as cytotherapy or cellular therapy is a form of biotherapy used to develop drugs and therapeutic strategies based on cells. This therapy refers to the biological activities carried out by cells that would lead to a desired effect either in vivo or in vitro. In the recent years, a growing number and range of suitable cell types for external administration have been determined. These cells have shown positive healing ability in animal-based experiments for numerous diseases. In cell therapy, cell suspensions enter into an organ or tissue or the blood stream with the possibility that these cells would be able to heal any injury.
The report on the global cell therapy technologies market offers insightful information for the forecast period of 2019 to 2027. This report tries to map all the important trends, drivers, technologies, and developments that are influencing the growth of the cell therapy technologies market.
Identify the key factors that will drive your company’s growth. Request a brochure of this report here
Global Cell Therapy Technologies Market: Notable Developments
Some of the key development in the global cell therapy technologies market are listed as follows:
- In 2017, Asymptote (UK) was taken over by GE Healthcare. The idea behind the acquisition was to bolster its existing cell therapy portfolio with the help of new technologies for cellular materials’ cryopreservation.
- On June 26, 2019, Sartorius have opened its manufacturing operations site in Yauco, Puerto Rico. The site cost investments up to US$100 million. The target of the new site to primarily cater to the needs of the US market given that the company has been developing its presence in the US market over the last few years.
- Industry player Gamida is expected to continue its manufacturing deal with another industry giant Lonza for the potential commercial production of its cytotherapy, omidubicel. The cell product developed by Gamida is not yet fully approved by any national regulatory body. However, it currently has a Phase III trial to test its use for the treatment of hematological malignancies.
- In 2018, Thermo Fisher Scientific, a leading player in the global cell therapy technologies market launched a brand new series of compact refrigerators. Additionally, the company also unveiled a high-tech lab management system to secure data integrity and comply with regulatory guidelines.
Some of the key players in the global cell therapy technologies market include names such as Terumo BCT(US), STEMCELL Technologies Inc. (Canada), Thermo Fisher Scientific (US), Beckman Coulter (US), Lonza (Switzerland), Mitenyi Biotec (Germany), Merck KGaA (Germany), and GE Healthcare among others.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report here
Global Cell Therapy Technologies Market: Drivers and Restraints
Given below are some of the key driving reasons for the growth of the global cell therapy technologies market in the coming forecast period:
- Better Infrastructure: Rise in number of GMP-certified manufacturing facilities and growth in the number of cell-based therapy clinical trials are also some of the key driving factors for the growth of the global cell therapy technologies market.
- Opportunities in Emerging Economies: Emerging economies such as India, Kore, Brazil, and China, are presenting increasing opportunities for the use of cell therapy technologies. The regulations are comparatively lenient than the established economies.
On the other hand, high-cost associated to develop new cell therapy technologies is expected to slow down the growth of the market. However, government and regulatory bodies across the globe are now allotting heavy funds for developing new cell therapy technologies. This growth in funding and investments will help in driving the growth of the cell therapy technologies market in the coming years.
Global Cell Therapy Technologies Market: Regional Outlook
The global cell therapy technologies market is segmented into five key segments such as North America, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Europe, and Middle East & Africa. Of these, the cell therapy technologies market is currently dominated by North America whereas Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a significant pace over the course of the given forecast period.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.