Cell Therapy Technologies Market
Cell therapy is also popularly known as cellular therapy or cytotherapy. This therapy can be described as a type of biotherapy mainly utilized for the development of various drugs and therapeutic strategies that are cells based. Cell therapy is defined as a set of biological activities performed by cells in order to achieve a desired result either in vitro or in vivo conditions.
Over the period of past few years, there is considerable growth in determining the range and number of appropriate cell types for exterior administration. It is interesting to note that these cells have demonstrated favorable healing capabilities in animal-based experiments for a wide range of health conditions. In the process of cell therapy, cell suspensions penetrate into the blood stream, or a tissue, or organ with a likelihood of these cells being able to help in healing of any injury.
The companies engaged in the cell therapy technologies market are growing focus toward the research and development activities. Apart from this, they are also seen engaged in different strategic moves including mergers and acquisitions. One of the key motives behind these strategies is expanding their present cell therapy portfolio. This aside, several enterprises are growing investment toward the development of new manufacturing operation sites. All these activities are boiling down into the growth of the cell therapy technologies market at promising pace in the years to come.
Cell Therapy Technologies Market: Introduction
- Cell therapy, also called cytotherapy or cellular therapy, is a form of biotherapy used to develop drugs and therapeutic strategies based on cells. This therapy refers to the biological activities carried out by cells that would lead to a desired effect either in vivo or in vitro. In the past few years, a growing number and range of suitable cell types for external administration have been determined. These cells have shown positive healing ability in animal-based experiments for numerous diseases. In cell therapy, cell suspensions enter into an organ or tissue or the blood stream with the possibility that these cells would be able to heal any injury.
Key Drivers, Restrains, and Opportunities of Global Cell Therapy Technologies Market
- The global cell therapy technologies market is projected to witness strong growth in the next few years. Increase in mergers and acquisitions among the key players drives the global cell therapy technologies market during the forecast period. For instance, GE Healthcare acquired Asymptote (UK) in 2017. The acquisition bolstered GE Healthcare's existing cell therapy portfolio with the help of new technologies for cellular materials’ cryopreservation.
- Focus of key players on increasing manufacturing units boosts the growth of the global cell therapy technologies market during the forecast period. On June 26, 2019, Sartorius opened its manufacturing operations site in Yauco, Puerto Rico. The site cost investment of up to US$ 100 Mn. The objective of the new site is to cater to the needs of the U.S. market given that the company has been expanding its presence in the U.S. in the past few years.
- On June 19, 2019, Gamida Cell Ltd. and Lonza entered into a strategic manufacturing agreement for commercial production of its cytotherapy, Omidubicel. The cell product developed by Gamida is not yet fully approved by any national regulatory body. However, it currently has a phase III trial to test its use for the treatment of hematological malignancies. Better infrastructure, rise in number of GMP-certified manufacturing facilities, and rise in the number of cell-based therapy clinical trials are likely to fuel the growth of the global cell therapy technologies market.
- Presently, the world is struggling with the COVID-19 pandemic. This infection leads to pneumonia, severe & acute respiratory disorders, multiple organ failure, and, in severe cases, death. The market has experienced growth during the pandemic due to rise in demand for cell therapy technologies across the globe.
- Governments of developing countries are making significant investments to modernize health care infrastructure in their respective countries, which is likely to increase access to health care. This is expected to drive the demand for cell therapy technologies.
- However, high cost associated with development of new cell therapy technologies is likely to hamper the growth of the global market. However, government and regulatory bodies across the globe are allotting significant funds for the development of new cell therapy technologies. This is likely to boost the growth of the global cell therapy technologies market in the next few years.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Cell Therapy Technologies Market
- In terms of region, the global cell therapy technologies market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to be a major market during the forecast period. This is due to considerable rise in research & development activities. Moreover, advancements in the health care sector have led to the development of new technologies and equipment, which is anticipated to propel the market in the region. Furthermore, presence of leading companies and early access to latest & emerging technologies are attributed to North America's dominance of the global market in the next few years.
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to witness strong growth in the next few years. The region is anticipated to offer considerable opportunities for leading companies operating across the globe. This is expected to augment the market in the region. Emerging economies such as India, South Korea, Brazil, and China present significant opportunities in the cell therapy technologies market. Regulations are comparatively lenient in these countries than the developed countries. These factors are likely to propel the cell therapy technologies market in Asia Pacific in the next few years.
Key Players Operating in Global Cell Therapy Technologies Market
- Terumo BCT, Inc.
- STEMCELL Technologies, Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Beckman Coulter, Inc.
- Miltenyi Biotec
- Merck KGaA
- General Electric Company
- Other prominent players
Global Cell Therapy Technologies Market: Research Scope
Global Cell Therapy Technologies Market, by Product
Global Cell Therapy Technologies Market, by Cell Type
- Stem Cells
- Other Cells
Global Cell Therapy Technologies Market, by Process Type
- Cell Processing
- Cell Preservation
- Distribution & Handling
- Process Monitoring
- Quality Control
Global Cell Therapy Technologies Market, by End-user
- Biopharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Research Institutes
- Cell Banks
Global Cell Therapy Technologies Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.