Catheter-related Bloodstream Infections Market: Introduction
- Catheter-related bloodstream infections occur due to presence of bacteremia. It is one of the most frequent, lethal, and costly complications of central venous catheterization and the most common cause of nosocomial bacteremia. It is caused due to an intravascular catheter by quantitative culture of the catheter tip or by differences in growth between catheter and peripheral venipuncture blood culture specimens.
- Patient-related factors such as presence of distant infection, compromised integrity of the skin, granulocytopenia, and severity of illness increase the risk of bloodstream infection
Key Drivers and Opportunities of Global Catheter-related Bloodstream Infections Market
- Rise in prevalence of bloodstream infection is projected to drive the global market. An article published in Continuing Education in Anaesthesia, Critical Care & Pain stated that catheter-related bloodstream infections occur in ~3% of catheterizations; however, the incidence could be as high as 16%.
- Serious effects associated with inaccurate diagnoses, such as procedural complications, lead to increase in morbidity and mortality. Hence, it is essential to make an accurate diagnosis of catheter-related bloodstream infections.
- Moreover, hospital-acquired infection increases the risk of CRBSI. According to the International Journal of Critical Illness and Injury Science, CRBSI accounts for 10% to 20% of hospital-acquired infections in the U.K.
- Governments in developing countries are making significant investments toward modernization of health care infrastructure, which is likely to increase access to health care. Moreover, health care-acquired infection is a major issue in developing countries. Hence, increase in demand for the products owing to surge in patient population presents significant opportunity in the global market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Catheter-related Bloodstream Infections Market
- North America is projected to account for major share of the global catheter-related bloodstream infections market during the forecast period due to well-established health care infrastructure. Europe is anticipated to be the second largest market from 2020 to 2030.
- The catheter-related bloodstream infections market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to rise in prevalence of hospital-acquired infections. According to the World Health Organization Department of Communicable Disease, the risk of health care-associated infection is 2 to 20 times higher in developing countries than in developed countries.
Key Players Operating in Global Catheter-related Bloodstream Infections Market
The global catheter-related bloodstream infections market is highly consolidated due to the presence of small number of key players. These players hold major share in their respective regions. Demand for catheter-related bloodstream infections products has increased in emerging as well as developed markets owing to rise in prevalence of blood stream infections. Growth strategies and focus on research & development by key players are the factors likely to drive the global catheter-related bloodstream infections market. For instance, in February 2020, CorMedix, Inc. announced that Neutrolin received grant from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for the prevention of catheter-related blood stream infections (CRBSIs) in hemodialysis patients.
Major players operating in the global catheter-related bloodstream infections market are:
- Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp
- CorMedix, Inc.
- Geistlich Pharma AG
- Other Prominent Players
Global Catheter-related Bloodstream Infections Market: Research Scope
Global Catheter-related Bloodstream Infections Market, by Type
Global Catheter-related Bloodstream Infections Market, by Route of Administration
Global Catheter-related Bloodstream Infections Market, by Source of Infection/ Causative Agents
- Staphylococcus aureus
- P. aeruginsa
- Acinetobacter baumannii
- E. Coli
- K. Pneuminiae
- Candida Sp.
Global Catheter-related Bloodstream Infections Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Catheter-related Bloodstream Infections Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.