Carrier Screening Market: Introduction
- Carrier screening is a genetic test used to determine if a healthy person is a carrier of a recessive genetic disease or a gene for certain genetic disorders. It provides life-lasting information about an individual's reproductive risk and the chances of having a child with a genetic disease.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Carrier Screening Market
- Globally, the average age of first time mothers has been increasing, especially in developed countries such as the U.S., England, France, Germany, Italy, and Japan. Financial stability, rise in literacy rates, and social factors are key aspects for advancing maternal age. The risk of fetal chromosomal abnormalities is directly related to the increase in maternal age. According to the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP), the risk of fetal chromosomal abnormalities increases gradually up to the age of 30, and rises exponentially beyond that. This growth in average maternal age is estimated to boost the incidence of chromosomal abnormalities, leading to a rise in demand for carrier screening.
- People with the Down syndrome have high risk of contracting Alzheimer’s disease, heart defects, pre-leukemia, and hearing issues. Various organizations such as The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), International Society for Prenatal Diagnosis, and the U.S. National Society of Genetic Counselors (NSGC) create awareness about precautions and issues pertaining to the fetus. Various organizations are developing new technologies to ensure safety for both the mother and fetus. They are also working on increasing awareness among pregnant women. Furthermore, doctors advise different prenatal and newborn carrier screening tests for pregnant mothers during regular health checkups. This helps create awareness among them. As a result, most of the pregnant women in the U.S. undergo testing for carrier screening.
- Companies operating in the global carrier screening market primarily adopt the next generation sequencing (NGS) approach to detect fetal abnormalities. Continuous efforts are being made by manufacturers to improve the existing technology and introduce a new breakthrough technology in the market. Recent advances in molecular technology have catapulted options for carrier screening from a gene-by-gene evaluation to panels spanning many disorders at one time.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Report
Chain Reaction Technology Segment to Lead Global Carrier Screening Market
- In terms of revenue, the polymerase chain reaction technology segment is expected to capture nearly 50% share of the market by 2027. It is anticipated to be a highly lucrative segment of the global carrier screening market during the forecast period. Different types of polymerase chain reactions (PCR) are being used in prenatal diagnosis genetic testing such as standard PCR, real-time PCR, digital PCR, and RT-PCR. These polymerase chain reactions (PCRs) play an important role in determination of gene expression, microRNA expression, and genotyping. DNA sequencing allows rapid amplification of small fragments of DNA and RNA. The market is primarily driven by the rise in incidence of genetic diseases coupled with better precision and reliability of the technique.
- The carrier screening market is significantly underpenetrated in many countries in Asia such as Japan, India, and China vis-à-vis that in North America and Europe. This can be primarily ascribed to the lack of access to genetic testing and low level of awareness in countries in Asia. The region offers offer immense opportunities for the carrier screening market, led by the presence of a large population base and continuous economic development in countries. High birth rates in India and China are projected to provide a major advantages to developers, provided the tests available are cost-effective. In such a scenario, focusing on these emerging markets is likely to enable prenatal and newborn genetic testing developers and providers to record high growth in revenue.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Players Operating in Global Carrier Screening Market
Manufacturers in the global carrier screening market are increasingly investing in research and development of new and innovative techniques to manufacture advanced products for screening. These players are also focusing on offering highly efficient and reliable products.
Leading companies operating in the global carrier screening market are:
- Eurofins Scientific
- Quest Diagnostics
- Myriad Genetics
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- OPKO Health
- Fulgent Genetics
Global Carrier Screening Market: Research Scope
Global Carrier Screening Market, by Type
- Expanded Carrier Screening
- Customized Panel Testing
- Predesigned Panel Testing
- Targeted Disease Carrier Screening
Global Carrier Screening Market, by Condition
Global Carrier Screening Market, by Technology
- DNA Sequencing
- Polymerase Chain Reaction
Global Carrier Screening Market, by End-user
- Reference Laboratories
- Physician Offices & Clinics
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.