Cancer Diagnostics Market
Cancer Diagnostics Market (By Application - Blood Cancer, Breast Cancer, Colorectal Cancer (CRC), Kidney Cancer, Liver Cancer, Lung Cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Pancreatic Cancer, Prostate Cancer; By Method - Tumor Biomarker Tests (Prostate Specific Antigen Tests, Circulating Tumor Cells (CTC) Tests, Alpha-Fetoprotein (AFP) Tests, CA 19-9 Tests, CA 125 Tests, EGFR Mutation Tests, HER2 Tests, Carcinoembryonic Antigen (CEA) Tests, BRCA Tests, KRAS Mutation Tests, and Anaplastic Lymphoma Kinase (ALK) Tests), Imaging (Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Scan, Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Scan, Computed Tomography (CT) Scan, and Mammography), Endoscopy (Colonoscopy, Sigmoidoscopy, Bronchoscopy, and Colposcopy) , Biopsy(Bone Marrow Biopsy, Needle Biopsy, Endoscopic Biopsy)) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global cancer diagnostics market for the historical period 2017–2018 and forecast period 2019–2027, Increasing trend for preventive diagnosis due to escalating prevalence continues, early diagnosis enables better clinical and economical outcomes for patients are projected to drive the global cancer diagnostics market during the forecast period
- According to the report, the global cancer diagnostics market was valued at US$ 146.2 Bn in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 8.8% from 2019 to 2027
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Cancer Diagnostics Market
Increasing trend for preventive diagnosis due to escalating prevalence continues and early diagnosis enables better clinical and economical outcomes for patients: Key Drivers
- Cancer has a major impact on society across the world. It is one of the leading causes of death across the globe and is more prevalent in developed and emerging markets. According to American Cancer Society data, over 1.7 million new cancer cases are expected to be diagnosed in 2019 in the U.S. According to information published in the European Journal of Cancer, an estimated 3.9 million new cases of cancer and 1.9 million deaths due to the disease were reported in Europe in 2018.
- The alarming rate of escalating cancer prevalence compels the healthcare providers to rethink of goals of treating cancer and also focus on prevention. This would require cancer diagnostics that are not only specific and sensitive, but also capable of detecting cancer in early stages. As the prevalence of different types of cancer grows globally, it is expected to drive the global cancer diagnostics market.
- The high cost of treatment for any kind of cancer is a key driver for increasing market for diagnostic tests and procedures. Cancer is a chronic disease and usually incurs expensive treatment along with debilitating pain, disability and in some cases death. An early detection by use of most modern diagnostics enables quick medical decision making and consequent treatment. This ensures that the cancer does not prevail until it becomes very difficult to treat. Therefore, cancer diagnostics have significant role in reduction of treatment costs, lowering of hospitalization stay, and prevention of unavoidable interventions. Early diagnosis does not necessarily mean cost saving in the treatment of disease. It allows early treatment which results into improved quality of life and ‘quality adjusted life years’ (QALY) gained. The life years gained suffices the justification of even costlier cancer diagnostics and thus provides even better outlook for the Cancer Diagnostics Market
Novel Diagnostic Biomarkers Continue To Create New Revenue Stream Boost Market Growth
- The increased knowledge about specific cancer biomarkers is providing great market opportunity to treat cancer patients through improvement in the detection. The technological advancements in the field of biotechnology have enabled the identification of potential cancer biomarkers and some of these biomarkers have been commercialized.
- In February 2020, Biocare Medical launched of seven novel IVD immunohistochemistry antibody markers for clinical diagnostics and research applications.
- In May 2020, BioGenex introduced three new primary immunohistochemistry (IHC) antibodies for cancer diagnosis. The new launch includes: CD8A, CD56, CD163
- In 2014, Guardant Health introduced GUARDANT360 blood test that sequences patient’s cancer in real-time through genetic profiling of trace fragments of tumor DNA (cell-free DNA).
Lack of Sensitivity and Specificity to Hamper Market
- The success of any test to be used for screening, diagnostics or monitoring of a cancer is dependent on the specificity and sensitivity demonstrated by the test. The cancer diagnostics have to be specific to screen patients without cancer and sensitive enough to detect presence of even smallest tumor in the body. Presently, more than 1 million prostate biopsies are carried out in the U.S. and most of them are unnecessary or repeat biopsies only to ensure that a patient with cancer is not missed. It is a result of PSA test, not so specific test, being used for screening for prostate cancer. PSA test is being recommended for annual cancer screening by the American Cancer Society and the American Urologic Association. However, on the other hand, the National Cancer Institute, the American College of Physicians, and the U.S. Preventive Services Tasks Force do not recommend PSA test due of lack of evidence about specificity and its usefulness in reducing morbidity or mortality. Similarly, there is need for specific and sensitive biomarkers for detection of each cancer types that can be used for screening on wider population.
- Therefore, the growth of cancer diagnostics market is expected to be negatively affected unless specific and highly sensitive diagnostic tests are introduced in the market.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Global Cancer Diagnostics Market: Competitive Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global cancer diagnostics market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global cancer diagnostics market is highly fragmented, with the presence of a number of international as well as regional players
- Leading players operating in the global cancer diagnostics market are
- Ambry Genetics
- AstraZeneca plc
- bioMeriux SA
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Genoptix, Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Pfizer, Inc.
- among others
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Cancer Diagnostics Market
Global Cancer Diagnostics Market: Key Developments
Key players in the global cancer diagnostics market are engaged in regulatory approvals, technologically advanced products, launch of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies are likely to fuel the growth of the global cancer diagnostics market. A few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global cancer diagnostics market are:
- In July 2020, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd launched its automated digital pathology algorithm, the uPath PD-L1 (SP263) image analysis for non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
- In October 2018, NeoGenomics has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Genoptix for $125 million in cash and 1 million shares of NeoGenomics common stock. The acquisition of Genoptix enhances NeoGenomics’ leadership in the oncology test market, significantly expanding coverage of oncology practices, increasing customer reach, and leaving a better positioned for growth.
The report on the global cancer diagnostics market discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of cancer diagnostics. The competitive landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global cancer diagnostics market.
Global Cancer Diagnostics Market - Scope of Report
TMR’s report on the global cancer diagnostics market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides revenue of the global cancer diagnostics market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global cancer diagnostics market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global cancer diagnostics market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global cancer diagnostics market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global cancer diagnostics market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global cancer diagnostics market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global cancer diagnostics market. Key players operating in the global cancer diagnostics market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global cancer diagnostics market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Global Cancer Diagnostics Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of product companies in the global cancer diagnostics market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global cancer diagnostics market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global cancer diagnostics market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for cancer diagnostics providers?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of the global cancer diagnostics market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global cancer diagnostics market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global cancer diagnostics market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary methods referred to by analysts during the production of the global cancer diagnostics market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the cancer diagnostics market as primary methods.
These primary and secondary methods have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the cancer diagnostics market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global cancer diagnostics market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global cancer diagnostics market more reliably and accurately.
Regional Segmentation of Cancer Diagnostics Market
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Global Cancer Diagnostics Market – Segmentation