Brachytherapy Seeds: Introduction
- Brachytherapy is one of the widely accepted radiation treatment for cancer. In this short-range treatment, radioactive isotopes are placed within or around a tumor. Radiation only affects specified targeted region, which limits collateral damage to nearby areas of the body.
- Brachytherapy seeds play a crucial role in brachytherapy procedures. Around 100 seeds are generally implanted. The implants remain in place permanently. These become inactive after about 10 months. Brachytherapy procedures are commonly used to treat bile duct cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, and pancreatic cancer.
Brachytherapy Seeds Market: Drivers and Restraints
- Increase in incidence of acute as well as chronic diseases and rise in threat of cancer are the key factors boosting the growth of the global brachytherapy seeds market. For example, according to research findings of the International Agency for Research on cancer, currently, more than 16 million people are suffering from cancer across the world. The number is anticipated to increase to roughly 25 million by 2035. Moreover, 24.8 million new cancer cases are expected to be detected by 2030.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Brachytherapy Seeds Market Report
- Technological advancements is one of the key factors driving the global brachytherapy seeds market. Pulsed dose rate (PDR-BT) and image-guided brachytherapy (IGBT) are some of the current technological advancements being widely accepted in developing as well as developed countries. Therapeutic benefits such as advancements in terms of patient selection, 3D imaging modalities, and treatment planning offered by brachytherapy seeds and less side effects are the other factors fueling the growth of the global brachytherapy seeds market. However, cost of the treatment procedure and lack of skilled experts are the key factors likely to hamper the growth of the global brachytherapy seeds market.
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Brachytherapy Seeds Market
- North America, dominated by the U.S., accounted for the major share of the global market in 2019, owing to increase in geriatric population, alarming rate of obesity, return of prominent brands, and better reimbursement policies. Rise in outsourcing of clinical trials by large biopharmaceutical & pharmaceutical organizations and better reimbursement & regulatory guidelines boost the growth of the market in the region.
- According to research findings by the Science Hub, around 4.2 million new cancer cases are likely to be recorded by 2020, with more than 2.5 million deaths due to the disease in Asia Pacific and Europe. Moreover, radiotherapy is crucial for better treatment of majority of cancers in middle- and low-income countries. These factors are projected to boost the growth of the global brachytherapy seeds market in the near future.
Stuck in a Neck-to-Neck Competition with Other Brands? Request a Custom Report on “Brachytherapy Seeds Market” here
Key Players Operating in Global Brachytherapy Seeds Market
The global brachytherapy seeds market is highly fragmented, with key manufacturers implementing various strategies to gain maximum market share.
Leading players in the global brachytherapy seeds market are:
- Eckert & Ziegler BEBIG
- IsoRay Medical, Inc.
- Elekta AB
- Varian Medical Systems, Inc.
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Theragenics Corp.
Global Brachytherapy Seeds Market, by Technique
- High-dose Rate (HDR) Brachytherapy
- Low-dose Rate (LDR) Brachytherapy
Global Brachytherapy Seeds Market, by Application
- Prostate Cancer
- Gynecological Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
Global Brachytherapy Seeds Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.