Brachytherapy Seeds: Introduction
- Brachytherapy is one of the widely accepted radiation treatment for cancer. In this short-range treatment, radioactive isotopes are placed within or around a tumor. Radiation only affects specified targeted region, which limits collateral damage to nearby areas of the body.
- Brachytherapy seeds play a crucial role in brachytherapy procedures. Around 100 seeds are generally implanted. The implants remain in place permanently. These become inactive after about 10 months. Brachytherapy procedures are commonly used to treat bile duct cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, and pancreatic cancer.
Brachytherapy Seeds Market: Drivers and Restraints
- Increase in incidence of acute as well as chronic diseases and rise in threat of cancer are the key factors boosting the growth of the global brachytherapy seeds market. For example, according to research findings of the International Agency for Research on cancer, currently, more than 16 million people are suffering from cancer across the world. The number is anticipated to increase to roughly 25 million by 2035. Moreover, 24.8 million new cancer cases are expected to be detected by 2030.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Brachytherapy Seeds Market Report
- Technological advancements is one of the key factors driving the global brachytherapy seeds market. Pulsed dose rate (PDR-BT) and image-guided brachytherapy (IGBT) are some of the current technological advancements being widely accepted in developing as well as developed countries. Therapeutic benefits such as advancements in terms of patient selection, 3D imaging modalities, and treatment planning offered by brachytherapy seeds and less side effects are the other factors fueling the growth of the global brachytherapy seeds market. However, cost of the treatment procedure and lack of skilled experts are the key factors likely to hamper the growth of the global brachytherapy seeds market.
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Brachytherapy Seeds Market
- North America, dominated by the U.S., accounted for the major share of the global market in 2019, owing to increase in geriatric population, alarming rate of obesity, return of prominent brands, and better reimbursement policies. Rise in outsourcing of clinical trials by large biopharmaceutical & pharmaceutical organizations and better reimbursement & regulatory guidelines boost the growth of the market in the region.
- According to research findings by the Science Hub, around 4.2 million new cancer cases are likely to be recorded by 2020, with more than 2.5 million deaths due to the disease in Asia Pacific and Europe. Moreover, radiotherapy is crucial for better treatment of majority of cancers in middle- and low-income countries. These factors are projected to boost the growth of the global brachytherapy seeds market in the near future.
Stuck in a Neck-to-Neck Competition with Other Brands? Request a Custom Report on “Brachytherapy Seeds Market” here
Key Players Operating in Global Brachytherapy Seeds Market
The global brachytherapy seeds market is highly fragmented, with key manufacturers implementing various strategies to gain maximum market share.
Leading players in the global brachytherapy seeds market are:
- Eckert & Ziegler BEBIG
- IsoRay Medical, Inc.
- Elekta AB
- Varian Medical Systems, Inc.
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Theragenics Corp.
Global Brachytherapy Seeds Market, by Technique
- High-dose Rate (HDR) Brachytherapy
- Low-dose Rate (LDR) Brachytherapy
Global Brachytherapy Seeds Market, by Application
- Prostate Cancer
- Gynecological Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
Global Brachytherapy Seeds Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.