Bottled Water Packaging Market
Bottled Water Packaging Market (Product Type: Still Bottle Water, Carbonated Bottle Water, Flavored Bottle Water, and Functional Bottle Water; and Material Type: Plastic, Glass, and Aluminum) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2029
Press Release :
Light, Handy Materials Used in Packaging Influencing Bottled Water Packaging Market Growth
Bottled water meets all federal and provincial regulations for potable water and is sealed in a sterile container and sold for human consumption. Potable refers to safe for human consumption. The bottled water packaging is recommended to be potable, as they are intended for human consumption. Erstwhile, bottled water was available only in glass bottles, which were very inert but weak and heavy.
New improvements in logistics have made it feasible to manufacture packaged water using various types of plastic containers such as polyethylene, polypropylene, polyvinyl chloride, etc. in diverse forms such as pouches, cans, pots, drums, bottles, etc. Moreover, bottled water packaging highly depends on the weight and handiness of the bottle, and plastic fulfills its requirement to the fullest. Developments in the packaging process and of several packaging alternatives are anticipated to drive the bottled water packaging market during the forecast period.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Bottled Water Packaging Market
Rise in Consumption of Mineral Water Boosts Global Market
There are various kinds of bottled waters, and each one has distinct requirements regarding its source, composition, and treatment. The advancement in the processing of mineral water has led to increased consumption across the world due to its high benefits and positive effects on health. The increasing demand for mineral water from natural resources stored in good quality bottles is boosting the growth rate of the bottled water packaging market.
As mineral water usually contains elements such as magnesium, potassium, calcium, etc., the popularity of these bottles has been increased with rising consumption. Moreover, manufacturers are innovating in bottled water such as the water infused with sound frequencies of the moon, light spectrums of the rainbow, and water from unscathed Arctic glaciers. This is likely to attract new consumers to experience the feel of water in order to keep up with their hydration, thus driving the bottled water packaging market.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Restricted Supply Chain Limited Production Rate despite High Demand
When the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak swept across the world, various industries, including the bottled water and packaging, suffered significantly to deal with the implemented restrictions to contain the spread. Stringent restrictive rules set up by the worldwide governments to fight the virus outbreak have been creating logistical difficulties for the bottled water processing sector. While this has been producing new bottlenecks in the sector, customers continue to prefer stockpiling of essential commodities. This has helped to sustain the demand for bottled water even during the COVID-19 crisis. Moreover, in the packaging industry, the COVID-19 epidemic has interrupted everything as production halted, customers self-isolated in their homes, and global trade stopped between several countries. The packaging market is facing a slowdown, which is massively hampering the production and the demand in the global bottled water packaging market.
Market Players to Improve Strategies to Excel Post COVID-19
The demand for bottled water increased in the early months of lockdown, as consumers started to stockpile bulk products in case of emergencies. This demand, however, soon settled further joined with reduced sales caused by delays of the tourism industry, globally. However, the fear of diseases as an aftermath of drinking contaminated tap water, and the easy portability and convenience provided by bottled water kept the demand going even amidst the lockdown. However, with the packaging industry relying on supply chain and inefficient availability of raw materials, the bottled water packaging market suffered inadequacy to fulfill the risen demand. Nevertheless, with pandemic in its end phase with rapid vaccination drives, the global trade is expected to resume to normal. Key players in the bottled water packaging market will likely be focusing on improving production with better processing strategies.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Bottled Water Packaging Market
The global bottled water packaging market is expected to reach the value of US$ 20 Bn by 2029, at a CAGR of 4.1% during the forecast period. This can be majorly ascribed to the increasing practice of personal hygiene and the rising consumption of mineral water. Moreover, there are increasing cases of water-borne diseases, and drinking contaminated water can lead to several diseases including diarrhea, cholera, dysentery, typhoid, and polio. Moreover, drinking plenty of hygienic water can benefit the body's organs and help flush out toxins from the body. Owing to the risk unfiltered water can pose on human health, the global bottled water packaging market is expected to witness heavy demand during the forecast period.
Bottled Water Packaging Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global bottled water packaging market for the forecast period of 2021-2029, the market is estimated to grow, owing to the demand from food & beverage, pharmaceutical, and personal care industries
- The global bottled water packaging market is expected to clock a high growth rate during the forecast period. Practice of personal hygiene is likely to increase the sales of hygiene packaging in the near future.
Lightweight Water Packaging Propelling Demand for Bottled Water Packaging
- Plastic as a material contributes the highest usage for bottled water packaging. This is due to its properties such as lightweight and handy. Bottled water packaging highly depends on these two factors, and it increases the utility of water bottles in the market. It is observed that plastic as a material for bottled water is preferred over other materials. In North America, plastic acquires more than 84% of all the materials used for bottled water packaging. However, glass and aluminum as materials are also expected to grow over the research period, due to sustainability factors across the world.
- Innovation in bottle shape and design plays a vital role in the bottled water packaging. Lightweight bottles are easier to carry, transport, and subsequently reduce the transportation and warehousing charges, making it easier for the manufacturers and customers. It also reduces the cost of packaging and thus, reducing the overall cost of the bottle making it more affordable for the customers. Due to heavy population growth in the Asia Pacific and Europe, many key players in bottled water packaging have already started production and distribution in these regions.
Increasing Consumption of Mineral Water Shaping Bottled Water Packaging Market
- Consumption of mineral water is increasing in the world due to its high benefits and positive effects on health. Natural mineral water is collected from flowing natural resources and stored in good quality bottles to be sold to customers.
- Mineral water usually contains elements such as magnesium, potassium, calcium, etc., which are extremely beneficial for human health and well-being. This has led to an increase in the consumption of mineral water and thus, bottled water packaging. Major water bottle brands such as Evian, CORE, and Fiji Water are focusing on natural spring water with balanced minerals and perfect pH level for improved health, which is attracting customers to purchase these bottles.
- Heavy water contamination and increase in cases of water-borne diseases are forcing people to shift toward more hygienic and clean water. Mineral water consumption is rigorously increasing in developed regions including North America and is expected to gain pace in developing countries soon. This has given a boost to still water bottle packaging in the market.
Luxury Water Newest Trend in Bottled Water Packaging Market
- Manufacturers across the world are turning drinking water into an experience and selling water bottles at high prices. After natural spring and mineral water, bottled water is now experiencing water infused with sound frequencies of the moon, light spectrums of the rainbow, and water from unscathed Arctic glaciers.
- Luxury bottled water packaging is also available in precious metals such as gold and platinum covered in diamonds, pearls, and other crystals. These luxury bottled water packaging could cost between US$ 60 and US$ 600 for a single liter of water. Some of the brands selling luxury water are Acqua di Cristallo Tributo a Modigliani, Kona Nigari Water and Fillico, among many others.
Sustainability Plays Major Role in Bottled Water Packaging
- Water packaging manufacturers are slowly shifting toward more sustainable packaging materials. This includes glass, metals, and even tetra packs. Although plastic holds the largest share of the material type segment of the bottled water packaging market, the share for other materials is expected to increase slowly in the upcoming years. Customers are demanding recyclable and reusable water bottles, which are changing the whole market structure for the bottled water packaging market. Although it is highly skeptical for low per-capita income country customers to spend more on water, slow adoption of sustainable solutions could be observed in rich households in the country.
- Tetra pack water also known as boxed water is also a competitor to bottled water packaging and could act as a barrier in bottled water packaging market growth. Tetra packs are recyclable and biodegradable. This is challenging for the market growth of plastic bottled water packaging.
Bottled Water Packaging Market: Key Findings
- The global bottled water packaging market is estimated to increase at a growth rate of 4.1% during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to increasing consumption of clean bottled water by households and rising demand for mineral water in the market.
- In terms of product type, still bottle water holds the maximum market share. Amid the COVID-19 situation, the demand for clean water has increased in the market and is giving rise to still bottled water.
- Based on material type, plastic remains the most used material for bottled water packaging due to its features such as lightweight, handy, and low manufacturing cost
- Due to the presence of large market players and a huge customer base, North America accounts for a large share of the global bottled water packaging market. It is expected to hold a market value of more than US$ 3.5 Bn by 2029.
- Due to increasing awareness for clean water and widespread pandemic, Asia Pacific is expected to lead the bottled water packaging market and create lucrative opportunities for the market
Bottled Water Packaging Market: Competition Landscape
- TMR analyzed that the global bottled water packaging market is highly fragmented and completive, owing to various global and local players across the world. This competition among key players is carefully studied based on developments, strategies, and segmental revenues of companies.
- TMR includes outlines of key players for bottled water packaging market study, which include
- Amcor Plc
- Berry Plastics Corporation
- Plastipak Holdings, Inc.
- Graham Packaging Company, L.P.
- Apex Plastics Inc.
- Greiner Packaging GmbH
- CKS Packaging, Inc.
- Peninsula Packaging, LLC
- Alpha Group Packaging
- Sidel, Inc.
- Ampac Holdings, LLC
- Silgan Holdings
- RPC Group plc
- Grupo Vichy Catalan
- Tingyi Holdings Corporation
- TMR also includes
- The Coca-Cola Company
- Primo Water Corporation
- FIJI Water Company LLC.
- Gerolsteiner Brunnen GmbH & Co. KG
- VOSS WATER
- Nongfu Spring
- Rhodius Mineralquellen Und Getranke GmbH & Co KG as global bottled water brands
Impact of COVID-19 on Bottled Water Packaging Market
- COVID-19 pandemic is estimated to create major opportunities for the bottled water packaging market. People are demanding hygiene packaged drinking water for fulfilling greater life expectancy.
- As per TMR findings, the global bottled water consumption is expected to increase rapidly by 5-8% during the post-pandemic situation. This can be attributed to changing hygienic understanding among consumer and reducing the risk of infection and water-borne diseases during the pandemic.
- However, every industry, including packaging has witnessed the impact of the pandemic. From raw material supply delay to lockdown across various geographic locations, the industry is facing several challenges of elevated costs, pressure on prices, labor issues, and operational challenges.
Bottled Water Packaging Market – Scope of Report
Transparency Market Research (TMR) started a new study on the global bottled water packaging market, providing forecast for the period of 2021-2029. In the study, growth opportunity for the bottled water packaging market is witnessed. The report provides valuable insights, which enable readers to make winning business decisions for future growth of their businesses. The report highlights significant factors that are constantly determining the growth of the bottled water packaging market, untapped opportunities for manufacturers, trends and developments, and other insights across various key segments. Macroeconomic factors that are directly or indirectly affecting market growth are also incorporated in the report.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Bottled Water Packaging Market Report
- What will be the impact of COVID-19 on the bottled water packaging market?
- Which end use will be the most lucrative for bottled water packaging?
- What will be market size for bottled water packaging by the end of 2029?
- Which is the most preferred thickness for bottled water packaging in the global market?
- Which region will remain most lucrative for market growth?
- Which are the top five countries of bottled water packaging market?
- Which material holds maximum market share in the global bottled water packaging market?
- Who are major key players in the bottled water packaging market?
Key indicators associated with the bottled water packaging market have been calculated thoroughly in the report. The study enumerates vital market dynamics such as key drivers, challenges, and trends, along with opportunities in the global bottled water packaging market. A comprehensive study on the value chain, which includes component suppliers, manufacturers, distributors, and end users have been incorporated in the global market report. Other key aspects laid down in the market include pricing strategy of leading market players and comparative analysis of bottled water packaging. Furthermore, forecast factors and forecast scenarios of the bottled water packaging market have been covered in the report to understand future prospects of the market.
A comprehensive evaluation and forecast on the bottled water packaging market are provided on the basis of material type, product type, and region.
Y-o-Y growth comparison, volume and revenue comparison, and market share comparison of various market segments are provided in the report. The bottled water packaging market is analyzed at both regional and country levels.
The report delivers an exhaustive assessment on the structure of the bottled water packaging market in tandem with a dashboard view of all leading company profiles in the report. Every company’s share analysis on market players have also been presented in the report apart from the footprint matrix of profiled market players. The report depicts the presence bottled water packaging manufacturers by leveraging an intensity map. It also highlights key end users for bottled water packaging.
The report includes company overview of key players. Some of the key companies profiled in the bottled water packaging market report include Amcor plc, Berry Global, Inc., Plastipak Holdings, Inc., Graham Packaging Company, Silgan Holdings, Inc., Aptar Group, Inc., CL Smith, ALPLA Werke Alwin Lehner GmbH & Co KG, Resilux NV, Taiwan Hon Chuan Enterprises Co., Ltd., Zhongfu Enterprise Co Ltd., O.Berk Company, LLC, Piramal Glass Private Limited, Montebello Packaging Inc., and Frigo Glass.
A realistic methodology, along with a holistic approach makes the base for sharp insights, which are provided in the bottled water packaging market for the study evaluation period. The TMR report comprises of detailed information on growth prospects, along with riveting insights into the forecast assessment of the market.
Extensive primary and secondary researches have been employed to garner keen insights into the forecast study of the bottled water packaging market. The report has further undergone a cross-validation by in-house professionals to make the bottled water packaging market report one-of-its-kind, with the highest credibility.
Bottled Water Packaging Market – Segmentation
The global bottled water packaging market has been classified on the basis of material type, product type, and region. Each of these segments are analyzed to provide readers with holistic view of the market.