Bone Putty Market: Introduction
- Bone putty is an optimized bone graft substitute for orthopedic, trauma, and spine surgery. The putty can be delivered directly to the bone defect without mixing or preparation. Bone putty is a combination of materials such as mineralized cancellous chips and biphasic calcium phosphate (BCP) with demineralized bone (DBM) in a resorbable carrier. The biphasic calcium phosphate consists of hydroxyapatite (HA) and beta-tricalcium phosphate (β-TCP), which are found naturally in real bone.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Bone Putty Market
- The number of orthopedic surgeries is increasing globally due to changing lifestyle, geriatric population, and increase in obesity. The prevalence of obesity was 39.8% and affected about 93.3 million of adults in the U.S. in 2016. Global estimates of degenerative joint diseases indicate that 9.6% men and 18.0% women aged above 60 have symptomatic osteoarthritis. According to expert opinions presented in the EULAR committee report, radiographic evidence of knee osteoarthritis in men and women over 65 is found in 30% of the population.
- Increase in the geriatric population is another major driver of the global bone putty market. Hypertension, obesity, diabetes, tobacco smoking, dyslipidemia, family history, and lack of physical inactivity are the key risk factors for orthopedic diseases among the geriatric population. According to the WHO, the global geriatric population is expected to increase from 524 million in 2010 to 1.5 billion by 2050. This is anticipated to drive the demand for bone putty, which, in turn, is likely to provide significant opportunities for companies operating in the global bone putty market.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Bone Putty Market Report
- Changing demographics in emerging economies, such as China, India, Brazil, and South Africa, are anticipated to provide large opportunities to medical companies. Increase in the number of orthopedic procedures has led to rise in the adoption of bone putty.
Orthopedic Surgery Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of application, the orthopedic surgery segment accounted for major market share in 2018. The segment is projected to grow at a steady pace during the forecast period. The segment is likely to be driven by rise in prevalence of orthopedic diseases.
Hospitals to Lead Global Bone Putty Market
- The hospitals segment is anticipated to capture nearly half of the revenue share and retain its status as the most lucrative end-user segment of the global bone putty market during the forecast period. Governments are extending support and funding toward increasing the number of skilled surgeons. This in turn increases the number of hospitals offering orthopedics surgeries. However, in the past few years, patients have been opting for orthopedic surgeries in ambulatory surgical centers (ASCs), as these settings enhance patient satisfaction with lower infection rates and shorter stays.
- North America, an established region in terms of hospitals and ASCs, is likely to cater to the rise in demand for orthopedic surgeries during the forecast period. Developed countries are considered hubs for 'safe' and 'effective' surgeries. This perception will create opportunities in the bone putty market in North America, followed by Europe. However, developing countries can serve as a goldmine of opportunities for investments and expansion for market players.
- Asia Pacific is likely to be a potential market for bone putty due to large geriatric patient pool and dense population. Growing medical tourism sector driven by government regulations favoring local players and relatively low surgery costs are likely to contribute to the lucrativeness of the bone putty market in the region.
- However, high cost continues to hamper the otherwise expected growth of the bone putty market in developed as well as developing countries during the forecast period. Financial lucidity of consumers has made them independent enough to spend out-of-the-pocket on their health. However, cost of these surgeries is high even after an insurance cover, which is preventing the market from realizing its full potential.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Bone Putty Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Bone Putty Market
Manufacturers in the global bone putty market are increasingly investing in the research & development of new and innovative techniques to manufacture bone putty. These players also focus on offering highly-efficient and reliable products to provide better protection against breakage and fragility.
The global bone putty market is moderately fragmented. Market players focus on strategic partnerships, collaborations, mergers, acquisitions, and product launches to increase market share. Leading companies operating in the global market are:
- DePuy Synthes
- Veterinary Transplant Services, Inc.
- Zimmer Biomet
- Bonalive Biomaterials Ltd.
- Wright Medical Group N.V.
- NovaBone Products
- Synergy Biomedical
- Artoss, Inc.
- Thommen Medical AG
- Abyrx, Inc.
Global Bone Putty Market: Scope
Global Bone Putty Market, by Product
- 0.5 cc
- 1.0 cc
- 2.5 cc
- 5 cc
Global Bone Putty Market, by Application
- Angular Limb Deformities
- Void Filling / Osteotomy Sites
- Comminuted Fractures, Non or Delayed Unions
- Void Filling / Extraction Sites
- Periodontal Pockets
- Bone Loss
- Mandibular Fracture Repair
- Cysts / Other Osseous Defects
Global Bone Putty Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Bone Putty Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.