Bismaleimide Monomer: Introduction
- Bismaleimides are compounds that possess two maleimide groups connected by nitrogen atoms. Bismaleimide monomer exists in the form of yellow tan powder. Bismaleimide-based polymers are primarily used for high temperature applications with temperature up to 250°C. These compounds are used as crosslinking reagents in polymer chemistry. Bismaleimide monomers are often blended with reactive co-monomers such as vinyl & allyl compounds, allyl phenols, isocyanates, and aromatic amines, as these provide high toughness and flexibility. Bismaleimide monomers possess characteristics such as thermal, mechanical, and dielectric properties, chemical resistance, toughness, and moisture resistance.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Bismaleimide Monomer Market
- Bismaleimide monomers are widely used in motor insulation materials, laminates, unidirectional weftless tapes, high temperature resistant dip varnishes, mica tapes, electronic copper clad laminates, molded plastics, powder coating, advanced composite matrix resins, casting parts, aerospace structural materials, heat resistant structural components of carbon fibers, high-end printed circuit boards, engineering plastics (polypropylene, nylon, polyamide, acrylonitrile butadiene styrene, polyvinyl chloride, and polybutylene terephthalate), and other functional materials
- Rapid growth of the electronics industry is boosting the demand for bismaleimide monomers, as these monomers are extensively used in the electrical & electronics industry
- The electrical & electronics industry in Asia Pacific, particularly in China and Japan, is expected to expand at a rapid pace in the near future, owing to the presence of a large manufacturers in the region. This is anticipated to drive the market for bismaleimide monomers in Asia Pacific.
Bismaleimide Monomer: Type Segment
- Based on type, the global bismaleimide monomer market can be segmented into 4,4'-bismaleimidodiphenylmethane,1,6-Bis(maleimido)hexane,Bis(3-ethyl-5-methyl-4-maleimidophenyl)methane,1,4-Bis(maleimido)butane,2,2-Bis[4-(4-maleimidophenoxy)phenyl]propane,Bis(2-maleimidoethyl)disulfide,1,2-Bis(maleimido)ethane,N,N'-1,4-Phenylenedimaleimide,N,N'-1,3-Phenylenedimaleimide,and others
- The 4,4'-bismaleimidodiphenylmethane segment accounts for major share of the market. It is one of the major building monomers used in the production of bismaleimide resins. Demand for 4,4'-bismaleimidodiphenylmethane for usage in bismaleimide resins is expected to increase in the next few years owing to their polymerizing and curing properties.
Bismaleimide Monomer: Application Segment
- In terms of application, the bismaleimide monomer market can be segregated into resin, composites, adhesives, and others. The resin segment constituted major share of the global bismaleimide monomer market in 2020.
- Bismaleimide monomers are widely used in high-performance composite matrices for multi-layer printed circuit boards in large-scale computers, advanced composites for optoelectronics, aerospace industry, structural adhesives, and fabrication of high-performance electro-optical devices. Rise in demand for bismaleimide monomer-based composites in automotive and aerospace industries is anticipated to drive the bismaleimide monomer market in the near future.
Bismaleimide Monomer: End-use Segment
- Based on end-use, the bismaleimide monomer market can be divided into aviation & aerospace, automotive, electrical & electronics, and others. The aviation & aerospace segment held significant share of the global bismaleimide monomer market in 2020. Bismaleimide monomer is used to produce resins and composites, which are employed in automotive, shipbuilding, aerospace, construction, and electronics industries. Bismaleimide monomer provides superior mechanical properties such as acid and heat resistance.
COVID-19 Impact on Bismaleimide Monomer Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 213 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Manufacturing of various chemical products across the globe came to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, etc. This is expected to hamper the bismaleimide monomer market.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Bismaleimide Monomer Market
- In terms of region, the global bismaleimide monomer market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific accounted for major share of the global bismaleimide monomer market in 2020 due to presence of large manufacturers of composites and resins in the region. The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to the rise in industrialization in countries such as China, Japan, and India. Rise in utilization of composites in automotive and aerospace industries due to their lightweight characteristics is projected to increase the production of bismaleimide monomer-based composites in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
- Expansion of production capacities by resin manufacturers in China is likely to boost the demand for bismaleimide monomers in the country in the next few years. North America and Europe also held key share of the global market in 2020 owing to the increase in demand for bismaleimide monomers in the electrical & electronics industry in these regions.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Bismaleimide Monomer Market
The global bismaleimide monomer market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global bismaleimide monomer market include:
- ABR Organics Limited
- Cytec Industries Inc.
- Evonik Industries AG
- Honghu Shuangma Advanced Materials Tech Co., Ltd.
- Huntsman Corporation
- K-I Chemical Industry Co. Ltd.
- Monomer Polymer & Dajac Labs, LLC.
- MPI Chemie B.V.
- TCI EUROPE N.V.
- Wiling New Materials Technology Co., Ltd.
Global Bismaleimide Monomer Market: Research Scope
Global Bismaleimide Monomer Market, by Type
- Bis(2-maleimidoethyl) Disulfide
Global Bismaleimide Monomer Market, by Application
Global Bismaleimide Monomer Market, by End-use
- Aviation & Aerospace
- Electrical & Electronics
Global Bismaleimide Monomer Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.