Biopolymers Market (Type - Bio-PET, Bio-PE, Biodegradable Polyester, Biodegradable Starch Blends, PLA, PTT, and PHA; Application - Packaging, Textiles, Consumer Goods, Agriculture, Automotive, Electronics, and Construction) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Global Biopolymers Market: Key Highlights
- The global demand for biopolymers stood nearly US$ 4.2 Bn in 2018 and is projected to reach over US$ 13.2 Bn by 2027. The market for biopolymers is primarily driven by the availability of feed stock and essential advantages associated with them. Governments across the world are encouraging the usage of biopolymers which is stimulating the packaging industries.
- Impositions of government norms against carbon emissions and plastic usage are responsible for the rise in demand for biopolymer based products related to automotive and electronics sectors. Increasing awareness regarding environmental issues is a key driver for biopolymer market applicable to consumer goods industry.
- Increase in the rate of urbanization across various regions around the world is an essential growth indicator for the biopolymers market. Changing lifestyles and behavioral patterns of the consumers is anticipated to trigger the biopolymers market.
- Technological advancements and rising investments in research and development sectors are estimated to be the growth opportunities for biopolymers market.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Global Biopolymers Market: Segmental Insights
- In terms of type, the biopolymers market can be classified into bio-PET, bio-PE, biodegradable polyesters, biodegradable starch blends, PLA, PTT, PHA and others segments. The majority of the market is covered by bio-PET, bio-PE and biodegradable polyesters. This is basically because of their excellent biodegradability and biocompatibility characteristics. Enhanced barrier properties and considerable mechanical strength are responsible for the high demand from packaging, agriculture and consumer goods industries.
- Bio-PET is used to manufacture various products including drinking water bottles and soda bottles, making them environment-friendly and a new packaging alternative. Products manufactured from bio-PET possess the same qualities as those from PET and are widely acceptable in North America and Europe.
- Bio-based PE is produced from granulate, which are manufactured from sugarcane ethanol. The most common product derived out of bio-based PE is films that are used in various applications such as agriculture, packaging, and automobiles. Stringent regulations including the Montreal & Kyoto Protocol issued by regulatory bodies such as EPA and EC (European Commission) aimed at reducing GHG emission are expected to propel demand for bio-based PE during the forecast period.
- Biopolymers are used to manufacture shrink films, bottles, molted boxes, pouches, compostable bags, and films for the packaging industry. Biobased films and containers have competitive advantage due to sustainable and greener image coupled with improved technical properties.
- Biopolymers possess properties such as thermal stability, flexibility, barrier to gases, barrier to water, resistance to chemicals, biocompatibility, and biodegradability, which are primarily required in the consumer goods industry. Biopolymers are used to manufacture furniture (chairs, tables, shelves, cupboards), sporting goods (canoe, golf sticks, sneakers), and personal care products (lipsticks, moisturizers, pressed powders, and sanitary napkins).
- Agriculture segment is estimated to be the fastest growing segments among others due to the barrier properties and functional attributes of biopolymers, enhancing the productivity of the plants. Advancements in agriculture practices will fuel the demand for biopolymers in the agricultural sector.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Global Biopolymers Market: Regional Insights
- Europe held the largest share of the global biopolymers market in 2018. Growth in this region can be primarily attributed to increasing focus on sustainable packaging materials. High degree of environmental awareness and imposition of stringent government norms by European Union to boost environmental friendly products are the determinants responsible to drive the biopolymers European market.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to be the fastest growing market for biopolymers during the forecast period. Rapid industrialization and changing behavioral patterns among consumers are elements accountable to drive the Asia Pacific Market.
- North America has significant share in the biopolymers market due to the strong presence of biopolymer manufacturers in this region. Expansions by key players such as BASF SE and Du Pont in the U.S. are estimated to boost the market in North America. Similarly, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America are also developing regions and expected to witness remarkable growth during the forecast period.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Biopolymers Market, ask for a customized report
Global Biopolymers Market: Competition Landscape
- Key players in the global biopolymers market are expected to benefit primarily from the investments in packaging, agriculture, and consumer goods industries. Prominent players in the biopolymers market include
- BASF SE
- E.I.du Pont de Nemours and Company
- FMC BioPolymer A.S.
- Plantic Technologies Ltd
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- NatureWorks LLC
- Novamont SpA
- Danimer Scientific
- Total Corbion
- Galatea Bio Tech.
- The competition is relatively high with an already established players dominating the market but there are few other small players who are actively participating in the market.
- In February 2020, BASF and Fabbri Group have developed a sustainable solution for cling film used in fresh-food packaging. Based on BASF’s certified compostable Ecovio, Fabbri Group produces the highly transparent stretch film.
- In September 2019, BASF’s certified compostable ecovio coated paper bowls and cups were used in Taobao Maker Festival. The Taobao Maker Festival is one of the significant events Alibaba holds each year and celebrates the creativity of Taobao merchants.
- In March 2019, NatureWorks manufacturer PLA biopolymer introduced Ingeo 3D450, a new break-away formulation for use in dual extrusion 3D printers.
- In February 2019, DuPont Industrial Biosciences broke ground on its new site at the Leiden Bio Science Park in Oegstgeest, the Netherlands. The facility will be utilized for modern biotechnology to make industrial processes more efficient and products more sustainable.
- In July 2018, Australian supermarket retailer Cole’s introduced recyclable packaging made entirely from a combination of recycled and renewable material for a wide range of its Coles Brand fresh meat and poultry products. Recyclable meat and poultry trays were supplied by renowned Australian manufacturer Plantic Technologies.
Global Biopolymers Market: Scope of the Report
TMR’s recent publication on the global biopolymers market provides audiences with an overall market outlook, with the help of comprehensive assessment of the global market scenario. TMR’s study on the global biopolymers market analyzes the market with respect to the historical and current market scenario and offers forecast for the period from 2019 to 2027.
Report readers are able to make important decisions pertaining to their business with a wealth of information and exclusive insights on the global biopolymers market enclosed in the study. The report on the global biopolymers market also provides in-depth understanding of key market trends and advancement made by companies. This TMR report is divided into different sections to allow readers to gain individual understanding of the global biopolymers market.
Key Queries Addressed in Report
- How much volume sales is expected to be generated in the global biopolymers market by the products during the forecast period?
- What are key growth indicators and market dynamics that are expected to drive the global biopolymers market in the next five years?
- Which regions are estimated to provide lucrative opportunities to the global biopolymers market during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies adopted by key players operating in the global biopolymers market in order to expand their geographical presence?
The first section of the TMR’s report on the global biopolymers market begins with a premise that includes report scope, market segmentation, and research highlights. This is followed by the executive summary that highlights aspects of the global biopolymers market covered in the study. This section provides brief understanding of market elements and enables readers to understand the aspects covered in the study. The report also includes market dynamics on biopolymers that offer understanding of market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The next section includes segmentation analysis of the global biopolymers market. This evaluation includes segmentation of the global biopolymers market based on application, product type and region. Furthermore, analysis of key segments, year-on-year growth projection, and basis point share analysis are included in the report. These help readers identify promising areas for growth of the market.
The TMR’s study on the global biopolymers market offers assessment of the geographical landscape of the market. The regional study helps market competitors make important decisions pertaining to their business. Individualized, region-wise, and segment-wise analysis helps readers decipher the growth potential for the market across various geographies. Supported by year-on-year growth projection and global market value and volume share, this section is a vital part of the biopolymers report.
The study on the global biopolymers market offers a holistic competitive value judgment, with details of leading as well as emerging market players. The dashboard view of competitors operating in the global biopolymers market allows readers to understand business strategies of these players along with their performance.
The TMR’s report on the global biopolymers market is based on detailed estimation of the market, with the inclusion of comprehensive primary and secondary research inputs. Detailed investigation of the global biopolymers market, in terms of competition scenario, is supported by individual-level examination of different avenues related to the market. Furthermore, for secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the required understanding of the global biopolymers market. This helps TMR’s analysts derive crucial predictions and forecast of the global biopolymers market. Readers can access the study of the global biopolymers market to gain projected market analysis for the period from 2019 to 2027.
Global Biopolymers Market: Segmentation
Biodegradable Starch Blends
Middle East & Africa