Biologics Outsourcing Market: Introduction
- Biologics can be defined as drugs derived from living organisms, or those which contain components of living organisms. These include a range of products, including those derived from human, animals, or microorganisms by employing biotechnology.
- Biologic drugs are available for the treatment of a range of diseases, including various forms of cancer, autoimmune diseases, chronic diseases, cardiovascular diseases, and ophthalmic diseases
- Biologics enhance the specificity of treatment for specific disease conditions, as biologic entities such as monoclonal antibodies and recombinant proteins target specific molecular mechanisms of the disease action
- Biologics are highly preferred owing to their efficacy and specificity. Additionally, increase in regulatory approvals drives demand for biologics at various levels of clinical studies and commercial supplies.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Biologics Outsourcing Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Biologics Outsourcing Market
- Large biopharmaceutical companies focus on their core capabilities and cutting down the operational costs associated with the manufacture of biologics. These players outsource manufacturing to contract research organizations (CROs), contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs), and contract development & manufacturing organizations (CDMOs). The difficulty of manufacturing biologics in-house induces pharmaceutical companies to outsource it to CMOs and CDMOs. This trend is projected to boost the growth of the global biologics outsourcing market.
- Growth of the biologics market indirectly creates demand for services across all the stages of biologics development, from preclinical stage to commercial manufacturing
- CMOs aid in bridging the gap between demand and supply and focus on enhancing the drug discovery process, thereby aiding faster availability of biologics for patients. This factor fuels the growth of the global biologics outsourcing market.
- CMOs and CDMOs are enhancing their capacities by adding facilities and services to the portfolios to meet the increasing demand for biologics manufacturing. This is likely to boost the growth of the global biologics outsourcing market.
- Increase in investments in research & development and rise in government initiatives on enhancing the development of biologics in emerging countries, especially China, contribute to the growth of the biologics outsourcing market
North America to Lead Global Biologics Outsourcing Market
- In terms of region, the global biologics outsourcing market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global biologics outsourcing market in 2018 owing to increase in presence of leading contract manufacturing companies, rise in awareness about the usage of biologics, and surge in investments in research & development
- Europe was the second largest market for biologics outsourcing in 2018, followed by Asia Pacific. Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing market for biologics outsourcing, followed by Latin America and Middle East & Africa. Rise in the number of non-communicable diseases, increase in demand for biologics, growth of the pharmaceutical sector in the emerging markets, and increase in government initiatives for the improvement of the health care industry are expected to accelerate the growth of the biologics outsourcing market in Asia Pacific.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Biologics Outsourcing Market, Request for a Sample
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Biologics Outsourcing Market
Leading players in the global biologics outsourcing market are:
- Catalent, Inc.
- Lonza Group AG
- Wuxi Biologics
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Abzena Limited
- GL Biochem Corporation
Global Biologics Outsourcing Market: Research Scope
Global Biologics Outsourcing Market, by Type
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- Antibody Drug Conjugates
- Recombinant Proteins
Global Biologics Outsourcing Market, by Source
Global Biologics Outsourcing Market, by Application
- Stem Cell Research
- Vaccine Development
- Tissue Related Products development
Global Biologics Outsourcing Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.