Biologics Outsourcing Market: Introduction
- Biologics can be defined as drugs derived from living organisms, or those which contain components of living organisms. These include a range of products, including those derived from human, animals, or microorganisms by employing biotechnology.
- Biologic drugs are available for the treatment of a range of diseases, including various forms of cancer, autoimmune diseases, chronic diseases, cardiovascular diseases, and ophthalmic diseases
- Biologics enhance the specificity of treatment for specific disease conditions, as biologic entities such as monoclonal antibodies and recombinant proteins target specific molecular mechanisms of the disease action
- Biologics are highly preferred owing to their efficacy and specificity. Additionally, increase in regulatory approvals drives demand for biologics at various levels of clinical studies and commercial supplies.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Biologics Outsourcing Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Biologics Outsourcing Market
- Large biopharmaceutical companies focus on their core capabilities and cutting down the operational costs associated with the manufacture of biologics. These players outsource manufacturing to contract research organizations (CROs), contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs), and contract development & manufacturing organizations (CDMOs). The difficulty of manufacturing biologics in-house induces pharmaceutical companies to outsource it to CMOs and CDMOs. This trend is projected to boost the growth of the global biologics outsourcing market.
- Growth of the biologics market indirectly creates demand for services across all the stages of biologics development, from preclinical stage to commercial manufacturing
- CMOs aid in bridging the gap between demand and supply and focus on enhancing the drug discovery process, thereby aiding faster availability of biologics for patients. This factor fuels the growth of the global biologics outsourcing market.
- CMOs and CDMOs are enhancing their capacities by adding facilities and services to the portfolios to meet the increasing demand for biologics manufacturing. This is likely to boost the growth of the global biologics outsourcing market.
- Increase in investments in research & development and rise in government initiatives on enhancing the development of biologics in emerging countries, especially China, contribute to the growth of the biologics outsourcing market
North America to Lead Global Biologics Outsourcing Market
- In terms of region, the global biologics outsourcing market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global biologics outsourcing market in 2018 owing to increase in presence of leading contract manufacturing companies, rise in awareness about the usage of biologics, and surge in investments in research & development
- Europe was the second largest market for biologics outsourcing in 2018, followed by Asia Pacific. Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing market for biologics outsourcing, followed by Latin America and Middle East & Africa. Rise in the number of non-communicable diseases, increase in demand for biologics, growth of the pharmaceutical sector in the emerging markets, and increase in government initiatives for the improvement of the health care industry are expected to accelerate the growth of the biologics outsourcing market in Asia Pacific.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Biologics Outsourcing Market, Request for a Sample
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Biologics Outsourcing Market
Leading players in the global biologics outsourcing market are:
- Catalent, Inc.
- Lonza Group AG
- Wuxi Biologics
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Abzena Limited
- GL Biochem Corporation
Global Biologics Outsourcing Market: Research Scope
Global Biologics Outsourcing Market, by Type
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- Antibody Drug Conjugates
- Recombinant Proteins
Global Biologics Outsourcing Market, by Source
Global Biologics Outsourcing Market, by Application
- Stem Cell Research
- Vaccine Development
- Tissue Related Products development
Global Biologics Outsourcing Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.