Bio-emulsion Polymers Market
Bio-emulsion Polymers Market (Type: Acrylics, Styrene-Butadiene Latex, Vinyl Acetate Polymers, Polyurethanes, and Others; and Application: Paints & Coatings, Adhesives & Sealants, Paper & Paperboards, Textiles & Nonwoven, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020 - 2030
Press Release :
Manufacturers Conduct Controlled Experiments with Stable SNPs to Produce Sustainable Adhesives
Petroleum resources are a dominant feedstock in polymer production. However, the depletion of petroleum resources has compelled manufacturers to innovate in bio-emulsion polymers. Since bio-emulsion polymers are made from renewable resources, manufacturers are able to abide by environmental regulations regarding petroleum resources. As such, the bio-emulsion polymers market is expected to reach a value of US$ 2 Bn by 2030, as companies are focused in innovations involving experimental grade starch nanoparticles (SNPs) that are being used in adhesive applications.
Renewable chemicals company EcoSynthetix Inc. is gaining proficiency to manufacture adhesives using SNP-containing latexes. The demand for modified SNPs is rising, since these type of SNPs have stable chemical properties in semi-batch emulsion polymerization processes. Companies in the bio-emulsion polymers market are gaining efficiency in controlled experiments to meet growing customer demands for sustainable adhesives.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Production of Green Coatings and Paints Help Manufacturers Adhere to Environmental Regulations
Sustainability is one of the key issues that manufacturers are facing in the bio-emulsion polymers market. Growing awareness about environmental regulations is encouraging manufacturers to innovate in low VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) technologies for paints, sealants, and binders, among others. They are increasing R&D efforts to manufacture green coatings and paints that comply with environmental regulations. In order to achieve this, companies are using water as a continuous phase in several stages of coatings and paints production, owing to the crucial role of innocuous and nonflammable solvent.
Manufacturers are using water for the production of green paints and coatings, since water helps to reduce the reaction medium viscosity and enhances the product’s heat transfer capabilities. Companies in the bio-emulsion polymers market are using vegetable oils and sugar derivatives to yield bio-based latex.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Bio-emulsion Polymers Increasingly Replacing Harmful Acrylates and Styrene Monomers
The demand for energy-efficient bio-emulsion polymers is surging worldwide. This trend is creating value-grab opportunities for manufacturers who are using bio-based and safe chemicals to innovate in adhesives and coatings. As such, the bio-emulsion polymers market is expected to register a CAGR of 7% during the forecast period. Bio-emulsion polymers are pervasively replacing harmful monomers such as acrylates, styrene or isocyanates. However, crucial challenges associated with the substitution of styrene and other harmful petro-based acrylates remain as a drawback for manufacturers. Hence, companies in the bio-emulsion polymers market are acquiring proficiency in experiments that substitute surfactants from petro-based acrylates.
Manufacturers are increasing their production capabilities to develop functional coatings that help to avoid issues of superposition usually associated with conventional class of coatings. Functional coatings are creating economic and environmental advantages for manufacturers.
Companies Cater to Business Continuity Plans in Countries with Low Number of COVID-19 Cases
The novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has caused a crippling effect on the bio-emulsion polymers market. Factory closures are among key factors for slowing down of the bio-emulsion polymers market growth. However, manufacturers are adopting safety measures enlisted by the WHO (World Health Organization) to establish a skeleton team in various departments of companies in order to keep the businesses running. Manufacturers are prioritizing essential projects catering to textiles and nonwoven applications.
Companies are providing their employees and workers with PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and other preventive gears to contain the spread of the COVID-19. They are investing in thermal thermometers and AI (Artificial Intelligence)-based security cameras to detect workers and employees with elevated temperatures. Manufacturers are focusing on business continuity plans in European countries and China where the novel virus has potentially subsided.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Bio-emulsion Polymers Market , ask for a customized report
Manufacturers are scaling business opportunities in countries of Asia Pacific, since the bio-emulsion polymers market in the region is predicted for exponential growth. However, active COVID-19 cases in India, Indonesia, Philippines, and other Asia Pacific countries are leading to postponement of business expansion plans of manufacturers. Polymeric coatings are in high demand for use in food packaging and healthcare applications. However, substituting styrene and other harmful petro-based acrylates from bio-based polymers is challenging for manufacturers. Hence, manufacturers should innovate in functional and self-healing coatings to overcome limitations of styrene substitution. They should address issues concerning reactivity in emulsion polymerization and lifecycle assessment of latex products.
Bio-emulsion Polymers Market: Overview
- Bio-emulsion polymers, also known as latexes, are sometimes used as latex binders in a wide range of applications. Bio-emulsion polymers are commonly employed in a diversified range of applications, including adhesives & sealants, textiles & non-woven, paints & coatings, and paper & paperboards.
- Based on type, the bio-emulsion polymers market has been segmented into acrylics, styrene-butadiene latex, vinyl acetate polymers, polyurethane, and others. Characteristics of acrylic bio-emulsion polymers, including its excellent weather ability and resistance to sunlight, make it an ideal material for usage in a wide range of applications such as paints & coatings and adhesive & sealants. Furthermore, the cost of acrylic bio-emulsion polymers is lower than that of other types of bio-emulsion polymers. This, in turn, is projected to boost the demand for bio-emulsion polymers in the near future.
Key Growth Drivers of Bio-emulsion Polymers Market
- The paints & coatings industry is a major consumer of bio-emulsion polymers, especially acrylics. This is expected to drive the bio-emulsion polymers market over the next few years. The demand for paints and coatings is expected to be high in developing regions such as Asia Pacific and Latin America, owing to the improvement in standard of living and rise in per capita income of consumers in these regions.
- Developing as well as developed regions are witnessing a rise in infrastructure activities, led by growth in housing and construction activities. Increase in disposable income in developing countries such as China and India is anticipated to further boost infrastructure activities in Asia Pacific. This, in turn, is estimated to propel the demand for emulsion paints & coatings, thereby augmenting the bio-emulsion polymers market.
- The global paints & coatings market is primarily driven by advancements in the building & construction industry. Rise in the number of upcoming commercial buildings across the globe is anticipated to propel the global paints & coatings market. The paints & coatings market is also likely to expand owing to reconstruction and renovation activities in the construction sector. Thus, expansion in the paints & coatings industry is likely to propel the global bio-emulsion polymers market.
Lucrative Opportunities in Bio-emulsion Polymers Market
- The global bio-emulsion polymers market is highly consolidated. Established players in the market can invest significantly in research & development activities to develop innovative solutions in order to lower cost and enhance the quality of their existing product line.
Europe to Dominate Bio-emulsion Polymers Market
- Europe is a significant region of the global bio-emulsion polymers market, accounting for substantial market share. Increase in awareness about environmental issues and manufacturers’ shift toward the development of bio-emulsion polymers for paints & coatings and adhesives & sealants applications are expected to offer significant opportunities to the bio-emulsion polymers market in the region.
- The bio-emulsion polymers market in Europe is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to high durability, lack of VOC content, transparency, and improved adhesion and stability offered by bio-emulsion polymers. Furthermore, companies in Europe are engaged in the production as well as research & development of bio-emulsion polymers in order to cater to the rising need for bio-based resins in the region.
- Rise in demand for bio-emulsion polymers has been driven by environmental legislation and direct intervention of governments and international bodies. Thus, the bio-emulsion polymers market has been expanding at a significant pace due to adherence to various green initiatives, norms, and regulations about carbon emission. This is boosting the adoption of bio-emulsion polymers in place of synthetic bio-emulsion polymers. Furthermore, significant availability of feedstock from agriculture such as sugarcane, corn, wheat, soy, and other useful crops and sources is further driving the bio-emulsion polymers market.
- North America also held vital share of the global bio-emulsion polymers in 2019. The U.S. accounted for prominent share of the bio-emulsion polymers market in North America in 2019. Its high share can be ascribed to the presence of major producers such as EcoSynthetix, Inc. and Itaconix Corporation in the country. These players are engaged in the launch of new products with enhanced properties in order to consolidate their position in the global market.
Leading Players in Bio-emulsion Polymers Market
- Prominent players operating in the global bio-emulsion polymers market include
- EcoSynthetix, Inc.
- Aquapak Polymers Ltd
- Plantic Technologies Ltd,
- Itaconix Corporation
- Manufacturers of bio-emulsion polymers are focusing on research programs and product development activities to cater to the rising demand for bio-emulsion polymers in paints & coatings and adhesives & sealants applications
Bio-emulsion Polymers Market – Scope of the Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global bio-emulsion polymers market to accurately gauge its future development. The study presents detailed information about the important growth factors, restraints, and key trends that are creating the landscape for the growth of the bio-emulsion polymers market to identify the opportunistic avenues of the business potential for stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the bio-emulsion polymers market will progress during the forecast period of 2020 to 2030.
The report offers intricate dynamics about the different aspects of the bio-emulsion polymers market that aids companies operating in the market in making strategic development decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on the significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure the growth of the bio-emulsion polymers market during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment to highlight the growth prospects of the bio-emulsion polymers market and estimate statistics related to the market progress in terms of value (US$ Mn) and volume (Tons).
The report includes the company profiles of key players that are currently dominating the bio-emulsion polymers market, wherein various development, expansion, and winning strategies practiced and executed by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Bio-emulsion Polymers Market
The report provides detailed information about the bio-emulsion polymers market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth potential of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently functioning in the market and are looking for innovative ways to create a unique benchmark in the bio-emulsion polymers industry, so as to help them make successful strategies and take target-driven decisions.
- Which type of bio-emulsion polymers is expected to grow at the fastest pace by the end of 2030?
- Which application is the major consumer of bio-emulsion polymers?
- How much revenue is the bio-emulsion polymers market expected to generate by the end of the forecast period?
- How are key market players successfully earning revenue out of the advantages of bio-emulsion polymers?
- What all companies operate across the globe?
- What are the indicators expected to drive the bio-emulsion polymers market?
- Which regions are likely to provide profitable scope of opportunities for bio-emulsion polymers market competitors?
Research Methodology – Bio-emulsion Polymers Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for combining the bio-emulsion polymers market report is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the industry-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts of the bio-emulsion polymers market.
During the primary research phase, analysts interviewed industry stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. Based on data obtained through the interviews of genuine resources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the bio-emulsion polymers market.
For secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, industry association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the bio-emulsion polymers market.
Bio-emulsion Polymers Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the bio-emulsion polymers market on the basis of type, application, and region. This report presents extensive market dynamics and progressive trends associated with different segments, and how they are influencing the growth prospects of the bio-emulsion polymers market.
Vinyl Acetate Polymers
Others (including Silicone and Hybrid Epoxies)
Paints & Coatings
Adhesives & Sealants
Paper & Paperboards
Textiles & Nonwoven
Others (including Packaging, Leather Polish, and Personal Care)
Middle East & Africa