Global Binder Excipients Market: Overview
- An excipient is a pharmacologically inactive substance formulated alongside the active pharmaceutical ingredient of a medication. The pharmaceutical industry always tries to satisfy patient’s therapeutical needs and apart from active ingredients, inactive excipients play a major role in formulation development. Binder excipients are formulated to act as an adhesive to literally bind together powders, granules, and other dry ingredients to provide necessary mechanical strength. In other words, binders are essential to achieve the hardness of the tablet. Binders are usually selected on the basis of product needs and vendor preference. The primary criterion when choosing a binder is its compatibility with other tablet components.
- The global binder excipients market is projected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to rise in uses in various pharmaceutical products
Key Drivers of Global Binder Excipients Market
- Increase in demand for various pharmaceutical products on account of aging population and rising cases of chronic diseases act as the major factor driving the binder excipients market worldwide. Moreover, rise in demand for excipients with more functionality is further projected to fuel the requirement for binder excipients in drug manufacturing companies.
- Rise in number of clinical trials of new drugs is likely to drive the demand for binder excipients
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Binder Excipients Market Report
- Lack of separate guidelines for manufacturing and approval of excipients is deterring R&D initiatives related to novel binder excipients. Under the present regulatory scenario, if a new drug approval fails, the excipient also fails even if it is not due to anything related to the excipient. Furthermore, clinical trial data from that failed excipient is not usable. This leads to major financial loss on the part of both the drug and the excipient manufacturer.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Binder Excipients Market
- Asia Pacific is likely to dominate the global binder excipients market due to increase in requirement of binder excipients in the local drug manufacturing industry for generic drugs business. Generic drug producers in countries such as India hold a strong position in the global market and play an integral role in developing the pharmaceutical industry which also created a strong demand for binder excipients for generic drugs. At present, pharmaceutical companies in India supply over 80% of the anti-retro-viral drugs used globally to combat AIDS (Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome). In 2017–2018, India exported about US$ 3.2 Bn worth of generic drugs to the U.S.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Binder Excipients Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Major players operating in the global binder excipients market are:
- BASF SE
- Lonza Group
- DFE Pharma
- Kerry Inc.
- DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
- JRS PHARMA
- BPSI Holdings LLC.
Global Binders Excipients Market: Research Scope
Global Binders Excipients Market, by Source
Global Binders Excipients Market, by Application
- Solution Binder
- Dry Binder
Global Binders Excipients Market, by End-user
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Nutraceutical Companies
Global Binders Excipients Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.