Ball Clay Market
Ball Clay Market (Form: Stone, Powder, Shredded, and Others [Noodled, etc.]; Price: Below US$ 40, US$ 40 – US$ 50, and Above US$ 50; Application: Ceramics and Non-Ceramic; and Sales Channel: Direct Sales and Channel Sales) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
High Demand for Ceramic to Augment Market Growth
Over the past decade, the exponential rise in the urban population around the world has resulted in the construction of numerous commercial as well as residential spaces. The booming construction sector, particularly in developing regions of the world, is expected to provide an impetus to the growth of the global ball clay market in the upcoming years. Ball clay, also known as ‘plastic clay’ is extensively used in the ceramic industry around the world, and is one of the most essential components of ceramic development. Moreover, ball clay is also used in the production of traditional ceramics, including floor tiles, sanitary ware, tableware, and a range of technical ceramics and electrical porcelains.
Due to the optimum physical as well as functional properties of ball clay, the demand across the ceramic industry is likely to move in the upward trajectory during the forecast period. High elasticity, controlled organic content, ideal workability, favorable rheological properties, and unfired strength are some of the favorable properties that continue to drive the global ball clay market. Market players operating in the current market landscape are likely to focus on improving supply chain operations as well as product quality to gain a competitive edge.
At the back of these factors, along with increasing focus on R&D activities, the global ball clay market is on the course to surpass the US$ 1.2 Bn mark by the end of 2030. The increasing usage of ball clay to attain the desired plasticity and minimize the detrimental effect on ceramic materials is projected to remain one of the key factors anticipated to propel the demand for ball clay during the assessment period.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Ball Clay Market
Growth of Construction Sector to Bolster Demand
The growth of the construction sector is projected to have a direct impact on the growth of the global ball clay market. The increasing demand for traditional ceramic products, including flooring tiles, and tableware is likely to influence the expansion of the ball clay market during the assessment period. While the Asia Pacific region is expected to provide abundant opportunities to the players operating in the ball clay market, Middle East & Africa and Latin America are estimated to emerge as key markets during the forecast period. The significant rise in the disposable income of individuals around the world is expected to be another factor that is expected to fuel the growth of the global ball clay market, as consumers are increasingly spending on premium ceramic products.
Sanitary wares are one of the integral components of construction materials. The booming construction sector in developing regions is expected to improve the demand for sanitary ware during the assessment period, thus driving the market for ball clay. A number of players operating in the current market landscape are anticipated to evaluate the environmental impact of ball clay production and find sustainable production methods. Extended ball clays are widely used for soundproofing and building acoustic barrier walls. Furthermore, as extended ball clay has several advantages, including optimum fire resistance and favorable drainage & insulation properties, it is has gained immense popularity as a lightweight construction material. In addition, the high eco-friendly quotient of ball clay is expected to bolster the growth of the global ball clay market during the assessment period.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Demand for Ball Clay to Dip amid Ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic is expected to have a negative impact on the global ball clay market, particularly in the first half of the assessment period. Stringent lockdown regulations coupled with restrictions on domestic as well as international transportation and trade are anticipated to put forward major supply chain barriers for the stakeholders operating in the current market for ball clay. Furthermore, due to shortage of labor and growing economic uncertainty, a number of construction projects is being delayed. Hence, the demand for ball clay is expected to dip during the ongoing COVID-19 health crisis.
Market players are projected to focus on tapping into growth opportunities in developing countries such as India and China post COVID-19 to establish a solid presence in the market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Ball Clay Market
The global ball clay market is expected to expand at a sluggish CAGR of ~2% during the forecast period. The market growth is driven by increasing demand for ball clay from the construction sector, rise in the number of commercial & residential projects, surge in research & development activities, and growth in applications of ball clay in various industries. Market players should focus on utilizing sustainable manufacturing techniques and leveraging opportunities in developing regions, including Asia Pacific and MEA. Pricing strategies, along with addressing the supply chain challenges will remain high priority for players during the forecast period.
Ball Clay Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global ball clay market for the historical period 2018–2019 and the forecast period of 2020–2030, ball clay shows a higher binding power than kaolin, which is likely to be a key driver of the global ball clay market during the forecast period. Furthermore, the demand for ball clay is expected to increase, as it has better tensile strength and shrinkage than other clays.
- Demand for ball clay is rising in response to its increasing usage in pottery and ceramic applications. Ball clay constitutes three dominant materials: quartz, kaolin, and mica. Additionally, few carbonaceous materials derived from ancient plants and other accessory materials are present in ball clay. Physical properties present in ball clay aid in their increasing application across various industries.
- In terms of revenue, the global ball clay market is estimated to exceed the value of US$ 1.2 Bn by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of ~2% during the forecast period
Increase in Urbanization: A Key Driver
- Increasing urbanization is boosting the growth of the ball clay market globally. Rise in the demand for a fixed source of income among the population has compelled many people to move to urban areas. This growing population migrating from rural areas to cities in search of a fixed source of income has increased urbanization across the globe, subsequently increasing the demand for residential as well as commercial spaces, boosting the housing and real estate sector. Construction activities propel the production of ball clay as it is used to enhance the plastic state of ceramics during its production. Therefore, ball clay is used in various applications such as in construction, in wall and floor tiles, building materials, and in ceramics.
- Many ceramics manufacturers use ball clay to achieve desired plasticity, and to reduce the detrimental effect on fired whiteness and drying properties of ceramic materials. The fine particle size of the ball clay in powder form of ceramics is water-resistant. Therefore, rise in demand for ball clay from multiple industrial applications such as refractory material for furnaces, casting slips, glazes, and engobes, along with residential applications (sanitary ware, floor tiles, and others), is expected to drive the global ball clay market.
- Considering all these factors, the impact of this driver is moderate currently and the impact is expected to become high during the forecast period from 2020-2030
Ball Clay: Market Trends
- Majority of ball clay manufacturers provides ball clay in various forms such as stone, powder, and shredded ball clay. In terms of supply trends, the bulk of ball clay is supplied in powder form, owing to high demand for ceramic applications. Ball clay is usually sold in batches of 50 kg, 100 kg, and 1,000 kg.
- Significant rise in the demand from retail, hospitality, and commercial real estate sectors is expected to propel the global ball clay market during the forecast period
- Furthermore, opportunities for the market seem quite lucrative in the upcoming years with the use of ball clay as extenders and fillers in sealants, adhesives, polymers, fertilizers, plastics, and insecticides
Ball Clay Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of ball clay have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global ball clay market are
- Amarnath Industries
- Ashapura Group
- Ashok Alco-Chem Limited (AACL)
- Finore Minerals LLP
- G&W Mineral Resources
- IMERYS Ceramics
- Kothari Minerals
- Modkha Marine Sdn Bhd
- Old Hickory Clay Co.
Ball Clay Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of ball clay, such as Sibelco, are focusing on making cost effective ball clays to attract more customers. Some other key developments in the market are highlighted below:
- On May 12, 2020, Sibelco completed the acquisition (initiated in 2019) of Ukraine-based clay manufacturers Euromineral LLC and Kurdyumovsky Plant PrJSC, located in the Donetsk region. These companies are expected to be managed under Sibelco’s Tiles, Engobes, and Engineered Stone business line. The acquisition strengthened the company’s market position in terms of Ukrainian clay, an important raw material for production of porcelain tiles worldwide.
- On December 17, 2019, Ashok Alco-Chem Limited acquired 35,000 equity shares of Aeon Procare Private Limited, which then became a wholly owned subsidiary of Ashok Alco-Chem Limited (AACL). Aeon Procare Private Limited engages in the marketing and sale of mineral-based pharmaceutical products.
- In the global ball clay market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of ball clay. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global ball clay market.
Ball Clay Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the ball clay market, with the help of a comprehensive outlook, provides readers with an assessment of the global market landscape. This study on the ball clay market analyzes the scenario for the period 2020 - 2030, wherein 2019 is the base year and 2018 is historical data. The report enables readers to make important decisions with regard to their business, through a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
This TMR study on the ball clay market provides data on the developments undertaken by important players and stakeholders in the market, along with a competitive analysis. The report also provides an understanding of strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities, along with trends and restraints in the landscape. Presented in a clear sanctioned manner, the report on the global ball clay market gives readers an individual understanding of the market.
Key Questions Answered in This Report on Ball Clay Market
- How much revenue will the ball clay market generate by the end of the forecast period?
- What application of ball clay is likely to gain the maximum market share by 2030?
- What regions currently contribute the maximum share to the overall ball clay market?
- What are the indicators expected to drive the global ball clay market?
- Which region is likely to be a lucrative market during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies incorporated by key stakeholders in the global ball clay market to expand their geographical presence?
- What are the major advancements witnessed in the global ball clay market?
The report answers these questions and more about the global ball clay market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making the right decisions and strategizing for the advancement of their business.
Ball Clay Market – Research Methodology
TMR’s report on the global ball clay market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market backed by secondary and primary sources. The competitive scenario of the global ball clay market is supported by an assessment of different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data and current trends, researchers of the global ball clay market arrive at predictions and estimations, and calculate the forecast for the market.
The report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate the numbers and figures of the global ball clay market with both bottom-up and top-down approaches.
The detailed assessment of the global ball clay market, along with an overview of the landscape is provided based on a careful examination of the avenues related to this market. Analysts’ conclusions on how the global ball clay market is set to grow are based on carefully vetted primary and secondary sources.
Ball Clay Market – Segmentation
The report on the global ball clay market provides information on the basis of form, price, application, sales channel, and region. The study discusses the underlying trends and impact of various factors that drive the global ball clay market, along with their influence on the evolution of the market.
The study also offers Porter’s Five Force Analysis, value chain analysis, key trends analysis, SWOT analysis, technology overview, COVID-19 impact analysis, and price trends at the regional level of the ball clay market in order to highlight the crucial growth tactics and opportunities for market players.