Automotive Rear-mounted Trays: Introduction
- A Rear-mounted tray, also known as a parcel shelf, is a tray between rear seats and the rear windshield. This tray offers space to mount speakers and other accessories, umbrellas, and other miscellaneous products. A rear-mounted tray also covers the luggage. It is a pivot-able entity in the interior of a vehicle.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Automotive Rear-mounted Tray Market
- Shift of consumer preference toward sports utility vehicles (SUVs) and crossovers from sedan cars is driving the global automotive Rear-mounted tray market. SUVs and crossovers accounted for around 48% share of the total sales of light vehicles in the U.S. in 2018. Growing popularity of SUVs, crossovers, and other high-clearance utility vehicles is likely to boost the global automotive Rear-mounted tray market during the forecast period.
- Hatchback cars have gained popularity in developing countries such as India and Brazil, due to presence of price-sensitive consumers in these countries. Sales of hatchback cars have increased in the Rest of Middle East & Africa sub-region also. Rising demand for hatchback cars is anticipated to drive the automotive Rear-mounted tray market in the above-mentioned geographies between 2019 and 2027.
- Premium and luxury automakers such as Skoda, BMW, and Mercedes, which had earlier focused on sedan cars, have entered (or re-entered) the small car segment space comprising hatchbacks and compact SUVs. Rising competition among automakers and pressing requirements of consumers are estimated to boost the production of crossovers and hatchbacks in the near future. This, in turn, is projected to drive the global demand for automotive rear mounted trays in the next few years.
Advanced Plastics Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- A rear-mounted tray is generally made of polypropylene. However, other plastic blends and resins, such as PC/PBT, and PC/ABS, are being introduced to add structural rigidity and lower the weight of these trays. Thus, the advanced plastics segment is estimated to register a high CAGR during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Autolift Technology to Witness Maximum Demand
- Rising trend of vehicle electrification and increasing demand for comfort among consumers are boosting the replacement of mechanical parts with motors and automatics. The autolift technology features automatic lifting of the Rear-mounted tray to access the luggage. The technology has been introduced in premium vehicles, such as Tesla, and it is anticipated to be adopted in entry-level vehicles during the forecast period
Aftermarket Segment to Hold a Leading Market Share
- Rear-mounted trays are generally original equipment (OE) fitted and are replaced on damage. The aftermarket segment holds a marginally high share of the global automotive rear-mounted tray market. The rising number of on-road vehicles in the U.S. and China is anticipated to boost the market in these countries during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Automotive Rear-mounted Tray Market
- In terms of region, the global automotive Rear-mounted tray market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period, with rise in the demand from India and ASEAN
- Latin America and Middle East & Africa are witnessing increased vehicle sales and the share of these regions in the global automotive Rear-mounted tray market is anticipated to rise considerably during the forecast period
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global automotive Rear-mounted tray market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Grupo Antolin
- Dongfeng Motor Parts & Components (Group) Co., Ltd.
- Rochling Group
- Sanko Gosei
- Lih Feng Jiing Enterprise Co., Ltd.
- Trim India Pvt. Ltd.
- AD Plastics d.d. Solin
- Kasai Kogyo Co., Ltd.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Automotive Rear-mounted Tray Market, ask for a customized report
Global Automotive Rear-mounted Tray Market, by Material
- Advanced Plastics (Blends)
Global Automotive Rear-mounted Tray Market, by Technology
Global Automotive Rear-mounted Tray Market, by Vehicle Segment
- Other Utility Vehicles (MPVs/LUVs)
Global Automotive Rear-mounted Tray Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicles
- Commercial Vehicles
Global Automotive Rear-mounted Tray Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Rear-mounted Tray Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.