Automotive Rear-mounted Trays: Introduction
- A Rear-mounted tray, also known as a parcel shelf, is a tray between rear seats and the rear windshield. This tray offers space to mount speakers and other accessories, umbrellas, and other miscellaneous products. A rear-mounted tray also covers the luggage. It is a pivot-able entity in the interior of a vehicle.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Automotive Rear-mounted Tray Market
- Shift of consumer preference toward sports utility vehicles (SUVs) and crossovers from sedan cars is driving the global automotive Rear-mounted tray market. SUVs and crossovers accounted for around 48% share of the total sales of light vehicles in the U.S. in 2018. Growing popularity of SUVs, crossovers, and other high-clearance utility vehicles is likely to boost the global automotive Rear-mounted tray market during the forecast period.
- Hatchback cars have gained popularity in developing countries such as India and Brazil, due to presence of price-sensitive consumers in these countries. Sales of hatchback cars have increased in the Rest of Middle East & Africa sub-region also. Rising demand for hatchback cars is anticipated to drive the automotive Rear-mounted tray market in the above-mentioned geographies between 2019 and 2027.
- Premium and luxury automakers such as Skoda, BMW, and Mercedes, which had earlier focused on sedan cars, have entered (or re-entered) the small car segment space comprising hatchbacks and compact SUVs. Rising competition among automakers and pressing requirements of consumers are estimated to boost the production of crossovers and hatchbacks in the near future. This, in turn, is projected to drive the global demand for automotive rear mounted trays in the next few years.
Advanced Plastics Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- A rear-mounted tray is generally made of polypropylene. However, other plastic blends and resins, such as PC/PBT, and PC/ABS, are being introduced to add structural rigidity and lower the weight of these trays. Thus, the advanced plastics segment is estimated to register a high CAGR during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Autolift Technology to Witness Maximum Demand
- Rising trend of vehicle electrification and increasing demand for comfort among consumers are boosting the replacement of mechanical parts with motors and automatics. The autolift technology features automatic lifting of the Rear-mounted tray to access the luggage. The technology has been introduced in premium vehicles, such as Tesla, and it is anticipated to be adopted in entry-level vehicles during the forecast period
Aftermarket Segment to Hold a Leading Market Share
- Rear-mounted trays are generally original equipment (OE) fitted and are replaced on damage. The aftermarket segment holds a marginally high share of the global automotive rear-mounted tray market. The rising number of on-road vehicles in the U.S. and China is anticipated to boost the market in these countries during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Automotive Rear-mounted Tray Market
- In terms of region, the global automotive Rear-mounted tray market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period, with rise in the demand from India and ASEAN
- Latin America and Middle East & Africa are witnessing increased vehicle sales and the share of these regions in the global automotive Rear-mounted tray market is anticipated to rise considerably during the forecast period
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global automotive Rear-mounted tray market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Grupo Antolin
- Dongfeng Motor Parts & Components (Group) Co., Ltd.
- Rochling Group
- Sanko Gosei
- Lih Feng Jiing Enterprise Co., Ltd.
- Trim India Pvt. Ltd.
- AD Plastics d.d. Solin
- Kasai Kogyo Co., Ltd.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Automotive Rear-mounted Tray Market, ask for a customized report
Global Automotive Rear-mounted Tray Market, by Material
- Advanced Plastics (Blends)
Global Automotive Rear-mounted Tray Market, by Technology
Global Automotive Rear-mounted Tray Market, by Vehicle Segment
- Other Utility Vehicles (MPVs/LUVs)
Global Automotive Rear-mounted Tray Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicles
- Commercial Vehicles
Global Automotive Rear-mounted Tray Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Rear-mounted Tray Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.