Automotive Display System Market: Introduction
- Automobile cabins have been evolving significantly with the integration of more human centric technology to offer better safety, comfort, and ride experience. Display systems perform a pivotal role in this transformation and have become an integral part of vehicles.
- The automotive display system is a digital screen integrated in vehicles for communication of vital information to the driver and other infotainment-related information to both driver and passengers. Automotive display systems are generally attached on the vehicle’s dashboard, while multiple new locations are also being preferred.
Key Drivers of Automotive Display System Market
- Rise in number of on-road vehicles has resulted in a high number of road traffic accidents, thus creating awareness about driver and passenger safety. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration stated that 6.5 million road-traffic accidents were reported across the U.S. in 2017. Majority of these accidents are caused due to driver distraction. This creates requirement for solutions that provide all information to the driver within his sight. Automotive display systems mounted on dashboards and instrument clusters curtail the complexity faced by vehicle’s driver while driving by providing information such as navigation direction, speed, distance travelled, time, and other key driving information. Thus, increasing awareness about safety is driving the global automobile display system market.
- Demand for next-generation vehicles is increasing due to a rise in purchasing power of consumers. Consequently, changing demands of consumers have prompted OEMs to equip their vehicles with advanced systems that increase convenience of driver and passengers by providing better ride experience and safety. The vehicle cabin is being fitted with multiple displays in instrument cluster, dashboard, headrests, rearview mirror and numerous other such positions. This integration of multiple displays in the smart cabins of next-generation vehicles is propelling the automotive display system market across the globe.
Challenges in Global Automotive Display System Market
- The display systems of vehicles are expensive and hence fitted in high-end vehicles, which limits their application and subsequently, restrains the automotive display system market
Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Global Automotive Display System Market
- Demand for automotive display systems reduced due to decline in production and sales of vehicles owing to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, in the post-COVID phase, demand for these systems is estimated to increase, as governments and automakers are making efforts to gain back growth momentum of the automotive sector.
North America and Europe hold significant share of global automotive display system market
- North America and Europe hold a significant share of the global automotive display system market, as OEMs in these regions including Daimler AG, BMW AG, and Tesla are increasingly equipping their vehicles with smart cabin technologies. Governments of some countries in Europe and the U.S. have mandated incorporation of some ADAS features in vehicles. These features require display systems to communicate information with driver. Thus, government regulations and rising popularity of smart cabin technologies are fueling the automotive display system market in Europe and North America.
Key Players Operating in Global Automotive Display System Market
The global automotive display system market is highly concentrated due to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive display system market are:
- Alpine Electronic, Inc
- AU Optronics Corp.
- Continental AG
- Denso Corporation.
- Japan Display Inc.
- LG Display Co., Ltd.
- Magna International Inc.
- Nippon Seiki Co., Ltd.
- Panasonic Corporation.
- Pioneer Corporation
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Visteon Corporation
- YAZAKI Corporation.
Global Automotive Display System Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Display System Market, by Display Technology
Global Automotive Display System Market, by Application
- Instrument Cluster
- Head-up Display (HUD)
- Rear Seat Entertainment Display
- Center Stack Display
- Rear View Mirror Display
- Other Mirror Displays
Global Automotive Display System Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Utility Vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Buses & Coaches
Global Automotive Display System Market, by Display Size
- 3”- 5”
- Greater than 10”
Global Automotive Display System Market, by Definition Type
- High-definition (HD)
- Full High-definition (Full HD)
Global Automotive Display System Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Display System Market, by Region
- North America
- Nordic Region
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.