Automotive Display System: Introduction
- Automotive display system is a vehicle integrated display system that projects vital information to the chauffeur of the vehicle. Automotive display system are usually attached with vehicle’s dashboard and curtails the complexity faced by vehicle’s driver while driving by providing information such as navigation direction, speed, distance travelled, time, and other key driving information.
- There is an increase in demand for modern and accessible display systems that aid in reducing information complexity by providing key driving information. Automotive display screens and indicators are frequently installed in the vehicle’s instrument panel, offer display screen for rear passenger seats, and provide multimedia functions. This is projected to boost the global automotive display system market in the near future.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Automotive Display System Market
- Increase in preference for safety while driving supplemented with display screen to ensue vital information and vehicle status to the motorist while driving is a prominent factor that is projected to drive the global automotive display system market during the forecast period
- Vehicle control information and running status provided by these systems are projected to drive the automotive display system market in the near future
- Surge in demand for commutation through vehicle is likely to drive the automotive display system market
- With the advent of smart automotive display systems, driving has become a safe, as these systems assist the vehicle driver with crucial vehicle information, including real-time vehicle diagnostics, such as tire pressure and engine heat. Smart automotive display systems are expected to witness considerable demand from high-end and premium automobile manufacturing companies and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) during the forecast period.
- Stringent regulations by government bodies worldwide to incorporate safety features such as ADAS in vehicles coupled with competition among automakers to offer vehicles with updated systems have led to the adoption of automotive display systems
- High cost of automotive display systems is projected to hinder its rate of adoption, thereby restraining market expansion
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
LCD Segment to Witness High Demand
- Based on display technology, the global automotive display system market can be classified into LCD, TFT-LCD, OLED, and others. Among display technology, the LCD segment leads the automotive display system market
- LCD display technology utilizes less power as compared to others, and offers more brightness, thereby making it comprehensible during the day time. This is anticipated to fuel the growth of the LCD segment in the near future.
- OLED is an emerging modern display technology that creates efficient and bright displays. OLED is witnessing rapid adoption in the automotive industry, owing to the introduction of autonomous vehicles and augmented reality. Moreover, it offers improved visibility, sharpness, and picture quality as compared to TFT-LCD. These are largely being preferred by key automakers such as Audi, Daimler, General Motors, Toyota, and Volkswagen.
Head-up Display (HUD) Segment has Significant Growth Potential
- In terms of application, the global automotive display system market can be divided into instrument cluster, head-up display (HUD), rear seat entertainment display, center stack display, rear view mirror display, and other mirror displays
- Head-up display (HUD) segment is anticipated to witness noteworthy growth in the global automotive display system market. HUD is an advanced safety and technical feature translucent device that displays vital driver information directly to the driver and averts the chances of distraction of the driver, as it projects key information either on the vehicle’s windshield or on a separate screen.
- Installation of HUD is possible in existing and old vehicles, owing to its economic cost structure. Due to modernization of the automotive industry, HUD also recognizes hand gestures and responds to voice commands. This enables the vehicle driver to opt for the shortest possible route to travel.
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Automotive Display System Market
- In terms of region, the global automotive display system market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness significant demand for automotive display systems between 2019 and 2027. High production and sales of vehicles in the region coupled with upgrade of safety system, which constitute display screen and display panel, are likely to drive the automotive display system market in the region during the forecast period.
- China, Japan, India, South Korea, Indonesia, and Australia, are significant automotive manufacturing countries in Asia Pacific. Continuous increase in domestics sales of vehicles due to decline in vehicle purchase loan rate and improved standards of living in Asia Pacific countries are projected to boost the demand for automotive display systems in the region, as they are highly demanded vehicle accessories.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in automotive display system market, ask for a customized report here
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global automotive display system market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Continental AG
- Denso Corporation.
- Magna International Inc.
- Panasonic Corporation.
- Visteon Corporation
- Pioneer Corporation
- Japan Display Inc.
- Nippon Seiki Co., Ltd.
- LG Display Co., Ltd.
- YAZAKI Corporation.
- AU Optronics Corp.
- Alpine Electronic, Inc
Global Automotive Display System Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Display System Market, by Display Technology
Global Automotive Display System Market, by Application
- Instrument Cluster
- Head-up Display (HUD)
- Rear Seat Entertainment Display
- Center Stack Display
- Rear View Mirror Display
- Other Mirror Displays
Global Automotive Display System Market, by Display Size
- 3”- 5”
- Greater than 10”
Global Automotive Display System Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Display System Market, by Definition Type
- High-definition (HD)
- Full High-definition (Full HD)
Global Automotive Display System Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Display System Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.