Automotive Display System Market: Introduction
- Automobile cabins have been evolving significantly with the integration of more human centric technology to offer better safety, comfort, and ride experience. Display systems perform a pivotal role in this transformation and have become an integral part of vehicles.
- The automotive display system is a digital screen integrated in vehicles for communication of vital information to the driver and other infotainment-related information to both driver and passengers. Automotive display systems are generally attached on the vehicle’s dashboard, while multiple new locations are also being preferred.
Key Drivers of Automotive Display System Market
- Rise in number of on-road vehicles has resulted in a high number of road traffic accidents, thus creating awareness about driver and passenger safety. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration stated that 6.5 million road-traffic accidents were reported across the U.S. in 2017. Majority of these accidents are caused due to driver distraction. This creates requirement for solutions that provide all information to the driver within his sight. Automotive display systems mounted on dashboards and instrument clusters curtail the complexity faced by vehicle’s driver while driving by providing information such as navigation direction, speed, distance travelled, time, and other key driving information. Thus, increasing awareness about safety is driving the global automobile display system market.
- Demand for next-generation vehicles is increasing due to a rise in purchasing power of consumers. Consequently, changing demands of consumers have prompted OEMs to equip their vehicles with advanced systems that increase convenience of driver and passengers by providing better ride experience and safety. The vehicle cabin is being fitted with multiple displays in instrument cluster, dashboard, headrests, rearview mirror and numerous other such positions. This integration of multiple displays in the smart cabins of next-generation vehicles is propelling the automotive display system market across the globe.
Challenges in Global Automotive Display System Market
- The display systems of vehicles are expensive and hence fitted in high-end vehicles, which limits their application and subsequently, restrains the automotive display system market
Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Global Automotive Display System Market
- Demand for automotive display systems reduced due to decline in production and sales of vehicles owing to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, in the post-COVID phase, demand for these systems is estimated to increase, as governments and automakers are making efforts to gain back growth momentum of the automotive sector.
North America and Europe hold significant share of global automotive display system market
- North America and Europe hold a significant share of the global automotive display system market, as OEMs in these regions including Daimler AG, BMW AG, and Tesla are increasingly equipping their vehicles with smart cabin technologies. Governments of some countries in Europe and the U.S. have mandated incorporation of some ADAS features in vehicles. These features require display systems to communicate information with driver. Thus, government regulations and rising popularity of smart cabin technologies are fueling the automotive display system market in Europe and North America.
Key Players Operating in Global Automotive Display System Market
The global automotive display system market is highly concentrated due to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive display system market are:
- Alpine Electronic, Inc
- AU Optronics Corp.
- Continental AG
- Denso Corporation.
- Japan Display Inc.
- LG Display Co., Ltd.
- Magna International Inc.
- Nippon Seiki Co., Ltd.
- Panasonic Corporation.
- Pioneer Corporation
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Visteon Corporation
- YAZAKI Corporation.
Global Automotive Display System Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Display System Market, by Display Technology
Global Automotive Display System Market, by Application
- Instrument Cluster
- Head-up Display (HUD)
- Rear Seat Entertainment Display
- Center Stack Display
- Rear View Mirror Display
- Other Mirror Displays
Global Automotive Display System Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Utility Vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Buses & Coaches
Global Automotive Display System Market, by Display Size
- 3”- 5”
- Greater than 10”
Global Automotive Display System Market, by Definition Type
- High-definition (HD)
- Full High-definition (Full HD)
Global Automotive Display System Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Display System Market, by Region
- North America
- Nordic Region
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.