Automotive Camshaft Market
Automotive Camshaft Market (Vehicle Type: Passenger Vehicle and Commercial Vehicle; Fuel Type: Gasoline and Diesel; Engine Type: Inline Engine, V-engine, and Others; Manufacturing Technology: Cast Camshaft, Forged Camshaft, and Assembled Camshaft; and Sales Channel: OEM and Aftermarket) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Efforts to Reduce Vehicular Pollution and Improve Engine Efficiency to Propel Market Growth
Over the past few decades, the automotive sector has evolved at a rapid pace due to advancements in technology, innovations, and evolving industry requirements and standards. Internal combustion engines have experienced waves of modifications and innovations over a span of several decades. The camshaft is one of the integral components of an engine and is primarily deployed in engines to open or close the valve, which allows the entry of fuel and also releases gases efficiently. The shape of the camshaft largely controls the action of the valve. The camshaft plays an important role in enhancing the fundamental functioning of an engine. Camshafts are extensively used in both modern-day overhead-cam (OCH) engines as well as older engines.
Technologies revolving around internal combustion engines have consistently evolved over the past few years and are largely inclined toward improving performance and efficiency. As the automotive sector continues to emphasize on launching lightweight vehicles, improve fuel efficiency, and reduce carbon emission, camshaft manufacturers are increasingly developing new products in tune with these requirements. The significant rise in the number of commercial vehicles particularly in the Asia Pacific region is expected to augment the demand for automotive camshafts during the forecast period. Moreover, government bodies across the world are imposing regulations to curb environmental degradation. At the back of these factors, the global automotive camshaft market is expected to attain a market value of ~US$ 27 Bn by the end of 2027.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Automotive Camshaft Market
Advent of Hybrid Vehicles Presents Lucrative Opportunities for Market Participants
Full-electric and hybrid vehicles have gained considerable popularity in the past 10 years. Automotive manufacturers, researchers, and consumers have expressed noteworthy interest in electric and hybrid vehicles, particularly in the past few years as a measure to curb pollution and save fuel. In hybrid cars, the main source of energy supply is the heat engine due to which combustion is streamlined and fuel-efficient. However, in their efforts to further improve the overall efficiency of heat engine, companies operating in the current automotive camshaft market landscape are increasingly focused on the design aspects of the automotive camshaft.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Within an internal combustion engine, the camshaft plays a key role in the cleaning and refilling of the engine. The valve timing of the engine determines the level of fuel consumed and thus, to manufacture an accurate automotive camshaft, the design aspect of it is highly critical. At present, due to advancements in technology, software tools are increasingly being used to design automotive camshafts. Within the automotive camshaft market, inline engines are set to remain the most popular engine type that will make use of camshafts followed by V-engines. As inline engines are relatively easier to manufacture, cost-effective, and adopted by a large amount of established automakers, the inline engine segment is expected to assert its dominance during the forecast period. However, in recent times, the soaring sales of premium vehicles, growing consumer demand for high performance and comfort are some of the major factors due to which the uptake of automotive camshaft in V-engine is on the rise.
Automotive Manufacturers Aim to Enhance Engine Efficiency; Camshafts under Review
Within the automotive sector, companies are expected to put their best foot forward and launch energy-efficient, sustainable, and technologically sound vehicles. Investments in new technologies, component design techniques, innovations, and other facets of the automotive sector are likely to present lucrative opportunities for participants involved in the current automotive camshaft market. Automotive companies are increasingly focusing on valve-timing technologies to gain an edge in the current market landscape. For instance, in July 2019, Hyundai revealed that the company has developed a continuous variable valve duration (CVVD) engine technology. The company further stated that the new technology is expected to enhance engine performance by 4% and efficiency by 5%. Innovations and development of similar technologies are expected to fuel the growth of the automotive camshaft market during the assessment period. Based on the manufacturing technology, the forged automotive camshaft is expected to have the highest market share followed by cast camshaft and assembled camshaft.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Automotive Camshaft Market
The global automotive camshaft market is expected to grow at a CAGR of ~3% during the forecast period. Some of the leading factors that are likely to propel the growth of the market for automotive camshaft include growing interest in electric/hybrid vehicles, significant advancements in valve-technologies, and soaring adoption of software tools to refine the designs of automotive camshafts. Additionally, as automotive manufacturers continue to focus on reducing the weight of their vehicles, the demand for automotive camshaft is set to gain momentum in the upcoming years.
Camshaft Market: Overview
- Camshaft is a component of the internal combustion engine to which is a cam is fastened, which opens or closes the exhaust and inlet valves of the engine. The camshaft is generally forged or cast from steel or iron.
- Camshafts are utilized in almost all vehicles to control the valves and therefore, witness high demand from automakers globally
Key Drivers and Restraints of Camshaft Market
- Rise in global sales of passenger vehicles is boosting the demand for camshafts. Increased consumer purchase parity in developing countries has boosted the demand for passenger vehicles, which in turn is estimated to drive the camshaft market globally. The automotive sector in Latin America and Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand significantly, which in turn is projected to propel the camshaft market in these regions.
- Increased demand for performance and efficient engines has fueled the adoption of double overhead camshaft (DOHC). The DOHC engine utilizes two camshafts, against 1, in inline engines and four camshafts, against the conventional 2, in V engines. Usage of multiple camshafts per engine block is expected to further drive the camshaft market.
Camshaft Market: Segmentation
- The global camshaft market has been segmented based on vehicle type, fuel type, manufacturing technology, engine type, sales channel, and region
- Based on vehicle type, the passenger vehicle segment is expected to dominate the global camshaft market. Passenger vehicles contribute to a major share of the total vehicles produced globally and subsequently, the passenger vehicle segment held a leading share of the global camshaft market in 2018.
- Based on fuel type, the gasoline segment held a leading share of the camshaft market. Majority of passenger vehicles globally are gasoline powered engine, and the gasoline segment is anticipated to expand, owing to higher taxation on diesel fueled vehicles and higher technology update required in diesel fuel vehicles in order to comply with emission regulations.
- In terms of manufacturing technology, the forged camshafts segment held a notable share of the market in 2018. The segment is estimated to maintain its dominance during the forecast period. Forged camshafts are stronger than their cast counterparts and possess superior impact resistance and durability.
- Based on engine type, the inline engine segment accounted for a prominent share with the L3, L4, L6 being the most preferred engine configuration worldwide
- In terms of sales channel, the OEM segment held a dominant share of the market, globally, given that camshafts generally last the entire vehicle life and are replaced mostly in case of accidental damage
Camshaft Market: Regional Segmentation
- Based on region, the global camshaft market has been segregated into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific held a leading share of the global market in 2018, followed by Europe and North America. High volume production of vehicles in Asia Pacific has resulted in the region holding a leading share of the global market.
- The automotive sector in Europe and North America recorded positive growth post the 2008 economic crisis. The auto industry in these regions is not expected to witness a significant expansion; however, it is anticipated to record steady expansion and subsequently, boost the camshaft market in these regions.
- Key players operating in global camshaft market include
- COMP Performance Group
- JBM Industries
- Hirschvogel Holding GmbH
- JD Norman Industries, Inc.
- Meritor, Inc.
- MAHLE GmbH
- PCL India
- Pipers RS Ltd
- Schrick Camshaft
Automotive Camshaft Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the automotive camshaft market, with the help of a comprehensive outlook, provides readers with an assessment of the global market landscape. This study on the automotive camshaft market analyzes the scenario for the period of 2019 to 2027, wherein 2018 is the base year and 2017 and before is historical data. This report enables readers to make important decisions with regard to their business, with the help of a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
This TMR study on the automotive camshaft market also provides data on the developments made by important players and stakeholders in the market, along with a competitive analysis. The report also provides an understanding of the strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities, along with trends and restraints in the landscape. Presented in a clear sanctioned manner, this report on the automotive camshaft market gives readers an individual understanding of the market.
This study also discusses the underlying trends and impact of various factors that are driving the automotive camshaft market, along with their influence on the evolution of the market.
This study also offers Porter’s Five Point Analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory scenario, and a SWOT analysis of the automotive camshaft market, in order to elaborate the crucial growth tactics and opportunities for market players contributing to the market.
Key Questions Answered in This Report on Automotive Camshaft Market
- How much value will the automotive camshaft market generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which segment of the market is likely to have the maximum market share by 2027?
- What are the impact factors and there effects on the market for automotive camshaft?
- What regions currently contribute the maximum share to the overall automotive camshaft market?
- What are the indicators expected to drive the automotive camshaft market?
- What region is likely to be a lucrative market during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies by key stakeholders in the automotive camshaft market to expand their geographic presence?
- What are the major advancements witnessed in the automotive camshaft market?
- How regulatory norms affected the market for automotive camshaft market?
This report answers these questions and more about the automotive camshaft market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making the right decisions and strategizing for the advancement of their business.
Automotive Camshaft Market: Research Methodology
This TMR report on the automotive camshaft market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market, backed by secondary and primary sources. Market volume is determined by country wise model mapping of vehicle through internal & external proprietary databases, and relevant patent and regulatory databases. The competitive scenario of the automotive camshaft market is supported by an assessment of the different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data, current trends and announcement by the key players, researchers of the automotive camshaft market arrive at predictions and estimations, and calculate the forecast for the market.
This report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate the numbers and figures of the automotive camshaft market, with both a bottom-up and top-down approach.
This detailed assessment of the automotive camshaft market, along with an overview of the landscape, is provided based on a careful examination of the avenues related to this industry. Analysts’ conclusions on how the automotive camshaft market is estimated to expand are based on carefully vetted primary and secondary sources.