Automotive Antenna Market
Automotive Antenna Market (Antenna Type: On-glass Antenna, Shark Fin Antenna, Monopole Antenna, and Others; Location: Front Windshield, Backlite, Sidelite, Sunroof, Roof Module, and Others; Cellular Technology: 3G, 4G, 5G, and Others; Vehicle Technology: Conventional, Connected, and Semi-autonomous; Antenna Technology: Broadcasting Antenna, Communication Antenna, and Intelligent Antenna; Vehicle Type: Passenger Vehicle and Commercial Vehicle; and Sales Channel: OEM and Aftermarket) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Development of Communication Technologies and Focus on Improving Vehicular Safety to Aid Market Growth
Within the automotive sector, new technologies and innovations are primarily aimed toward improving the safety and overall driving experience. As automotive manufacturers continue to formulate different strategies to improve their market position and share, the focus on improving the electronic features of vehicles has gained significant momentum in recent years. With significant advancements in wireless communication technology, the automotive antenna market is expected to witness a noteworthy growth during the forecast period. Automotive antennas are increasingly used for multiple applications, including radio, satellite navigation, vehicle tracking, remote diagnostics, and collision notification. The adoption of automotive antennas in pre-crash systems and collision avoidance systems is increasing at a rapid pace due to which, the automotive antenna market is expected to grow at a consistent pace in the coming years.
Technological advancements in the automotive sector, growing focus on the development of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS), and emphasis on safety are anticipated to play a key role in increasing the adoption of information technologies. The advent of 4G and 5G, along with advancements in global positioning systems (GPS), wireless fidelity (Wi-Fi), Bluetooth, etc., are likely to increase the demand for different types of automotive antennas in coming period. At the back of these factors, the global automotive antenna market is expected to reach market value of ~US$ 11 Bn by the end of 2027.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Automotive Antenna Market
Technological Advancements Trigger Demand for Autonomous Driving
Technological advancements have provided a massive boost for autonomous driving in recent years. The soaring demand for autonomous driving are expected to provide significant opportunities for market players operating in the automotive antenna market. The adoption of radars in the automotive sector to identify the trajectories of different objects. Over the past few years, a range of technology start-ups has introduced cutting-edge and innovative solutions that improve the capabilities of radars. Some of the most notable advancements in the radar technology include the onset of 4D radars, deployment of meta-materials for the production of modern-day antennas, sub-terahertz radar, detection of road conditions, etc. The production and demand for meta-material antennas is expected to move in the upward trajectory in the upcoming years. Several companies particularly, start-ups are focusing on maximizing the radar performance and increase the economic value of their product offerings.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
The meta-material antenna wave is set to continue during the forecast period, as more number of companies continue to invest in research and development activities to launch different antennas. For instance, Echodyne, combined Acuity intelligent radar software and meta-material electronically scanning array (MESA) to maximize the performance of their radar sensors. Metawave, a start-up combined artificial intelligence techniques and meta-materials to focus on the development of smart radar platforms used in autonomous driving systems.
5G Wireless Communication Technology to Boost Development of Fifth Generation Antennas
Companies operating in the automotive antenna market are largely focusing on addressing the existing challenges pertaining to the transmission and receiving of signals. The demand for communication technologies in the automotive sector and innovations in the field are expected to gradually replace conventional antennas with technologically advanced antennas. The development of new antennas with Meta material structures, substrate integrated waveguide, and micro strip antennas. The onset of 5G wireless communication antenna is set to revolutionize the automotive antenna market landscape in the coming years. Companies within the current market ecosystem are increasingly focused toward improving the design structure of their antennas, while minimizing the size of the same to gain an edge over their competitors. Several players are also rolling out 3D printed automotive antennas that have exhibited excellent properties in term of weight, efficiency, and costs.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Automotive Antenna Market
The global automotive antenna market is expected to grow at a steady CAGR of ~5% during the forecast period. The market growth can be primarily attributed to various factors, including development of new communication technologies, growing demand for autonomous driving, and emphasis on improving vehicular safety.
Automotive Antenna Market: Overview
- The global automotive antenna market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period, owing to a rise in the demand for connected vehicles and related technology in vehicles across the globe. Advent of connected vehicles and automatic systems has increased the number of automotive antennas used per vehicle.
- The automotive antenna market is presently focused on several multiple functions, including remote-less entry, navigation, telematics, tire pressure monitoring, safety features, and electronic toll collection. Furthermore, increase in sales of connected and semi-autonomous vehicles is anticipated to boost the automotive antenna market during the forecast period.
Automotive Antenna Market: Drivers
- The car entertainment system has evolved significantly in the last decade, from simple audio devices to center stack displays supporting an array of features including navigations, games, and video streaming. The navigation feature, which was earlier provided in premium vehicles, is presently a standard feature on vehicles. Entertainment, navigation, and infotainment systems are wireless and hence, require automotive antennas to function accurately. Moreover, mid- and entry-segment vehicles in developing countries exhibit a significant adoption rate for these features, which is likely to boost the demand for automotive antennas during the forecast period.
- Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) is based on sensor, vision, and radar technology, which involves the use of numerous short-range and long-range antennas. Demand for ADAS is high in North America and Europe and the regions offer significant opportunities to automotive antenna manufacturers.
Automotive Antenna Market: Challenges
- Rise in technological advances in vehicle components, including automotive antenna, is enabling automakers to install several safety, comfort, and luxury enhancing systems in their vehicles. For instance, key automakers, including Daimler, Hyundai, BMW, and Nissan are increasingly adopting smart antennas (intelligent antennas) in their vehicles in order to offer advance driver assistance systems, intelligent transport systems, Remote Keyless Entry System (RKES), and IoT based infotainment devices for their consumers. However, technological spying, which is a form cybercrime, can hack into the aforementioned systems in vehicles and compromise the security of vehicles, leading to vehicle theft. This, in turn, is anticipated to hinder the global automotive antenna market.
Automotive Antenna: Market Segmentation
- Based on antenna type, the shark fin automotive antenna segment held a key share of the global market. The shark fin automotive antenna is being widely adopted due to its esthetic value. The conventional monopole automotive antenna causes noise and vibrates at higher vehicle speeds. Monopoles are being replaced by shark fins, which are more aerodynamic in nature. Thus, the shark fin automotive antenna segment is estimated to hold a leading share of the global market by 2027.
- Based on location, the roof module segment accounted for a notable share of the global automotive antenna market. The automotive antenna is preferably installed on the roof, as it has high ground clearance and provides better reception & transmission of signal. Sidelite and backlite segments are anticipated to expand at a high growth rate during the forecast period, owing to installation of automotive antennas for connected vehicles, ADAS, and remote key operations.
- Based on cellular technology, the 4G segment held a major share of the global automotive antenna market in 2018, owing to extensive utilization of 4G network. The 5G spectrum is being launched worldwide. 5G is pivotal for adoption of connected vehicles and autonomous vehicles. Therefore, governments across the globe are emphasizing on the deployment of 5G spectrum. The 5G technology is estimated to revolutionize the current transport systems. The IoT is also gaining penetration in the automotive industry, which is estimated to boost the automotive antenna market during the forecast period.
- Based on vehicle technology, the conventional segment held a leading share of the global automotive antenna market. Conventional vehicle technology includes AM/FM, GPS, and RFID antennas that are available in majority of the vehicles. Consequently, the conventional segment held a major share of the global automotive antenna market.
Automotive Antenna Market: Regional Analysis
- In terms of region, Asia Pacific is likely to emerge as a highly lucrative market for automotive antennas, driven by the demand for antennas equipped in low, mid as well as high priced vehicles in China, Japan, and India in the region.
- Europe comprises globally leading luxury vehicle manufacturers based in Germany, the U.K., France, Italy, and Spain, which incorporate numerous advanced technologies that comprise antenna, along with safety and comfort system in their vehicles. Moreover, the demand for safety systems in vehicles is likely to expand at a considerable pace after 2021, owing to implementation of new safety regulations proposed by the European Commission. This is likely to boost the demand for automotive antennas in the region.
Automotive Antenna Market: Competition Landscape
- Key players operating in the global automotive antenna market include
- Ace Technologies Corp.
- AGC Inc.
- Continental AG
- Denso Corporation
- Fiamm Componenti Accessori F.C.A.-S.p.A.
- Ficosa International SA
- Harada Industry Co., Ltd.
- HARMAN International
- Hella GmbH
- Laird Connectivity
- Panasonic Corporation
- TE Connectivity
- Telefonaktiebolaget LM
- Amphenol Corporation
- Mobile Mark, Inc.
Automotive Antenna Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the automotive antenna market, with the help of a comprehensive outlook, provides readers with an assessment of the global market landscape. This study on the automotive antenna market analyzes the scenario for the period of 2019 to 2027, wherein 2018 is the base year, and 2017 and before is historical data. This report enables readers to make important decisions with regard to their business, with the help of a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
This TMR study on the automotive antenna market also provides data on the developments made by important players and stakeholders in the market, along with a competitive analysis. The report also provides an understanding of the strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities, along with the trends and restraints in the landscape. Presented in a clear sanctioned manner, this report on the automotive antenna market gives readers an individual understanding of the market.
This study also discusses the underlying trends and impact of various factors that are driving the automotive antenna market, along with their influence on the evolution of the market.
This study also offers Porter’s Five Point Analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory scenario, and a SWOT analysis of the automotive antenna market, in order to elaborate the crucial growth tactics and opportunities for market players contributing to the market.
Key Questions Answered in this Report on Automotive Antenna Market
- How much value will the automotive antenna market generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which segment of the market is likely to have the maximum market share by 2027?
- What are the impact factors and there effects on the market for automotive antenna?
- What regions currently contribute the maximum share to the overall automotive antenna market?
- What are the indicators expected to drive the automotive antenna market?
- What region is likely to be a lucrative market during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies by key stakeholders in the automotive antenna market to expand their geographic presence?
- What are the major advancements witnessed in the automotive antenna market?
- How regulatory norms affected the market for automotive antenna market?
This report answers these questions and more about the automotive antenna market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making the right decisions and strategizing for the advancement of their business.
Automotive Antenna Market: Research Methodology
This TMR report on the automotive antenna market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market, backed by secondary and primary sources. Market volume is determined by country-wise model mapping of vehicle through internal & external proprietary databases, and relevant patent and regulatory databases. The competitive scenario of the automotive antenna market is supported by an assessment of the different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data, current trends, and announcement by key players, researchers of the automotive antenna market arrive at predictions and estimations, and calculate the forecast for the market.
This report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate the numbers and figures of the automotive antenna market, with both a bottom-up and top-down approach.
This detailed assessment of the automotive antenna market, along with an overview of the landscape, is provided based on a careful examination of the avenues related to this industry. Analysts’ conclusions on how the automotive antenna market is estimated to expand are based on carefully vetted primary and secondary sources.
Automotive Antenna Market – Segmentation
This report on the automotive antenna market provides information on the basis of antenna type, location, cellular technology, vehicle technology, antenna technology, vehicle type, sales channel, and region.
Shark Fin Antenna
Light Commercial Vehicle
Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Middle East & Africa