Automated Cell Expansion Systems: Key to meet the rising demand for cell therapy products
- Cell expansion is used for the production of daughter cells that arise from a single cell. This process is extensively utilized in therapeutic drug development, drug screening, and micro level research of cells.
- In the current scenario, cell expansion is widely employed to improve transplantation and in the treatment of various diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and diabetes
- Automated systems reduce the requirement for manpower and the cost incurred during the production of cell therapy products, gene therapies, and other biologics, which leads to robust and reliable processes
- Surge in the demand for cell therapy products has boosted the automated cell expansion system market
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Automated Cell Expansion Systems Market
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Automated Cell Expansion Systems Market
- Rise in prevalence of various chronic diseases with growing focus on customized and personalized medicines is a major factor propelling the global automated cell expansion systems market
- For instance, as per World Health Organization (WHO), every year around 17.9 million people die due to cardiovascular diseases globally, which constitutes an estimated 31% of all deaths worldwide
- Rise in investments by governments to fuel cell-based research is also a leading factor driving the global automated cell expansion systems market
- An increase in R&D activities, technological advancements, and cost effectiveness of automated systems are also key factors boosting the global automated cell expansion systems market
Stringent Regulations on Cell Expansion Process to Hamper Global Automated Cell Expansion Systems Market
- Stringent regulatory norms in terms of cell expansion process and approval are likely to hamper the global automated cell expansion systems market
- Higher cost associated with operations and unskilled workforce for high tech instruments are also projected to restrain the global automated cell expansion systems market
Instruments Segment to Dominate the Global Market
- In terms of product, the global automated cell expansion systems market can be bifurcated into instruments and consumables
- The instrument segment is expected to dominate the global automated cell expansion systems market owing to an increase in the demand for automation in bioreactors and cost-effectiveness of automated instruments
Mammalian cells to be Highly Attractive Segment
- Based on cell type, the global automated cell expansion systems market can be divided into mammalian cells, microbial cells, and others
- Mammalian cells is projected to be a highly lucrative segment from 2020 to 2030 owing to its higher demand in complex protein production and these cells being highly suitable candidate for drug discovery & research
Biopharmaceutical Companies to Lead Global Market
- Based on end-user, the global automated cell expansion systems market can be segmented into biopharmaceutical companies, contract research organizations (CROs), academic & research institutes, and others
- The biopharmaceutical companies segment is estimated to account for a major share of the global market during the forecast period owing to a rise in the demand for call bases research activities, rise in mergers & acquisitions, and increase in research & development expenditure
North America to Lead Global Automated Cell Expansion Systems Market
- In terms of region, the global automated cell expansion systems market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global automated cell expansion systems market in 2019 due to an increase in prevalence of chronic diseases, rise in public as well as private funding for cell based research, early adoption of technologically advanced products, and the presence of major companies in the region
- For instance, the American Heart Association estimated that 121.5 million adults had cardiovascular diseases between 2013 and 2016
- In August 2017, BioIVT acquired Asterand Bioscience, which focused on drug research by biomarker validation and target identification
- Asia Pacific is projected to be a highly lucrative market during the forecast period due to a rise in the number of market participants from Japan, Australia, India, and China, emerging trend of outsourcing research processes to low cost destinations in Asia Pacific, and the availability of expertise in the region
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Players Operating in Global Automated Cell Expansion Systems Market
Key players operating in the global automated cell expansion systems market are:
- Merck KGaA
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Terumo Corporation
- Sartorius AG
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- GE Healthcare
- Danaher Corporation
- Takara Bio Inc.
- Octane Biotech, Inc.
- Miltenyi Biotec
Global Automated Cell Expansion Systems Market: Research Scope
Global Automated Cell Expansion Systems Market, by Product
Global Automated Cell Expansion Systems Market, by Cell Type
- Mammalian Cells
- Microbial Cells
Global Automated Cell Expansion Systems Market, by End-user
- Biopharmaceutical Companies
- Contract Research Organizations (CROs)
- Academic & Research Institutes
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.