Aramid Paper Market
The basic constituent of Aramid paper is synthetic meta-aramid polymers. The polymer is present in two physical forms: fibrids and floc. Fibrids are microscopic binder particles, and floc are shot fibres.
During manufacturing process, both fibrids and floc are shaped in a configuration of piles of sheets with help of paper machine. The machine does not employ sizers, fillers, or binders. Later, the sheet is calendered by providing heat and high pressure. The pressure and heat aids in providing bulk specific gravity, which ranges from 0.7- 1.2, depending on the thickness required. The aramid paper is available in the form of rolls and sheets. The thickness and width vary in the range of 0.05 to 0.76 millimetre.
The paper has high strength, low flammability, resistant to abrasion, and non-conductive property. Owing to various properties, the paper is widely used in honeycomb cores, communication equipment, and electrical insulation.
Among all the application segments, electrical insulation is holding leading share in the aramid paper market in recent years. Further, registering the surge in demand, electrical insulation segment is anticipated to propel in forecoming years.
At the same time, increasing number of electrical industries in Asia Pacific has been pushing the horizon of global aramid paper market in the region.
Aramid paper helps improve the integrity and performance of products. Thus, the demand for aramid is rising in various end-user industries. This, in turn, is fuelling the growth of aramid paper market.
Its dielectric property and high mechanical strength is propelling the demand for aramid paper in electrical and electronic industry. Also, application of aramid paper in paper batteries is presenting a growth platform to aramid paper market.
However, technical barrier is one restraining factor for the expansion of global aramid paper market. Only few companies are able to produce paper. Among all the companies involved in production of aramid paper, Dupont is leading producer. The company alone accounted for the production of 92.13% global aramid paper. Besides this, SRO, Tayho and LongPont were involved in small scale production.
Aramid Paper Market: Introduction
- Aramid paper is a type of heat-resistant fiber and synthetic material, also known as calendared insulating paper, which can offer protection against heat, open fire, resilience, flexibility, and mechanical toughness. Manufacturers provide two types of aramid papers: Meta aramid papers and para aramid papers.
- Advanced aramid papers are synthetic-based meta aramid papers that are available in two physical forms such as flocs and fibrids, which are short fibers and microscopic binder particles, respectively. Foundrinier paper machines are employed in order to convert meta aramid papers – flocs and fibrids – in a sheet structure. Moreover, to increase its density as well as attain a specific bulk gravity of aramid paper, high heat and pressure is implemented on end-products including those from aerospace and electronics industries.
- Aramid papers are utilized in various end-use industries such as electrical engineering, aerospace, defense, elastomers, and specialty papers. Electrical engineering applications of aramid papers include wire wrap phase insulator, armature slot insulation, wedges, end laminates, lead insulators, coil wrappers, and bushings. Aramid papers are also resistant to alkalis, acids, transformer oils, fluorocarbon refrigerants, and silicones.
To clarify your doubts about the report on Aramid Paper Market, Request a Brochure here
Key Drivers of Aramid Paper Market
- Polymer matrix composites, which are a grouping of continuous as well as discontinuous phases of reinforcements and polymer-based matrix, are used in a wide range of end-use industries. Poly aramid paper is a major component used in discontinuous reinforcement phase on polymer matrix composites, which offers high stiffness and strength. Thus, demand for these composites in increasing across various industries including aerospace and defense, which is a major factor propelling the demand for aramid papers. This, in turn, is projected to drive the global aramid paper market in the near future.
- Expansion of electronics and electrical industries across various developing and developed countries is expected to fuel the demand for aramid papers. This is another factor that is expected to drive the global aramid paper market during the forecast period.
- Adoption of aramid paper is increasing rapidly in the defense sector for protection against ballistic weapons, helmets vehicles, and protective clothing. Increase in defense development projects is another factor driving the global aramid paper market. Furthermore, demand for aramid paper is increasing from different end-use verticals such as automotive, electronics, and telecommunication. This is attributed to various properties offered by aramid materials such as high tolerance against impact and damage.
- Demand for aramid paper is also rising in the elastomer industry across the globe. In the elastomer industry, aramid paper is majorly utilized in applications such as tires, conveyor belts, and power transmission belts.
- Rising demand for aramid papers in generators, dry transformers, honeycomb materials, and motors from the composites industry is another major factor that is expected to drive the global market in the near future.
Rise in Demand for Aramid Paper-based Products in Aerospace and Defense Industry
- Based on product type, the global aramid paper market can be divided into para-aramid paper and meta-aramid paper. The para-aramid paper segment is expected to account for a significant share of the market, in terms of revenue, during the forecast period. This is attributed to high strength and heat resistant properties offered by para-aramid papers.
- Based on end-use industry, the global aramid paper market can be classified into aerospace and defense, automotive, electronics and electrical, and others (composites, sporting goods, etc.). In terms of revenue, the aerospace and defense segment is likely to hold a major share of the global market, owing to the rising demand for aramid paper-based material for manufacturing various components in the aerospace industry.
Asia Pacific to be a Key Market for Aramid Paper
- In terms of region, the global aramid paper market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is projected to account for a significant share, in terms of revenue, of the global aramid paper market during the forecast period. This is attributed to a rise in the demand for aramid paper based products from electronics and electrical industries across countries in Asia Pacific. Additionally, rapid expansion of aerospace and defense industry in countries in the region is also expected to drive the aramid paper market in Asia Pacific.
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Aramid Paper Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
- Key manufacturers are consistently focusing on the development of advanced aramid paper, with an objective to expand their reach, improve product offerings, and gain competitive edge in the market
- Manufacturers are introducing aramid papers in different forms, such as rolls and sheets with various thicknesses and widths, depending on their applications
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market Include:
- Shenzhen Longpont Co., Ltd.
- COVEME s.p.a.
- Teijin Aramid B.V.
- X-FIPER New Material Co., Ltd.
- WJF Chemicals Co. Ltd.
- Liren Electrical Insulation Materials PTE. Ltd.
- Yantai Tayho Advanced Materials Co., Ltd.
- Harnawa Inc.
Global Aramid Paper Market: Research Scope
Global Aramid Paper Market, by Product Type
- Para-aramid Paper
- Meta-aramid Paper
Global Aramid Paper Market, by End-use Industry
- Aerospace and Defense
- Electronics and Electrical
- Others (Composites, Sporting Goods, etc.)
Global Aramid Paper Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.