Aramid Paper Market: Introduction
- Aramid paper is a type of heat-resistant fiber and synthetic material, also known as calendared insulating paper, which can offer protection against heat, open fire, resilience, flexibility, and mechanical toughness. Manufacturers provide two types of aramid papers: Meta aramid papers and para aramid papers.
- Advanced aramid papers are synthetic-based meta aramid papers that are available in two physical forms such as flocs and fibrids, which are short fibers and microscopic binder particles, respectively. Foundrinier paper machines are employed in order to convert meta aramid papers – flocs and fibrids – in a sheet structure. Moreover, to increase its density as well as attain a specific bulk gravity of aramid paper, high heat and pressure is implemented on end-products including those from aerospace and electronics industries.
- Aramid papers are utilized in various end-use industries such as electrical engineering, aerospace, defense, elastomers, and specialty papers. Electrical engineering applications of aramid papers include wire wrap phase insulator, armature slot insulation, wedges, end laminates, lead insulators, coil wrappers, and bushings. Aramid papers are also resistant to alkalis, acids, transformer oils, fluorocarbon refrigerants, and silicones.
To clarify your doubts about the report on Aramid Paper Market, Request a Brochure here
Key Drivers of Aramid Paper Market
- Polymer matrix composites, which are a grouping of continuous as well as discontinuous phases of reinforcements and polymer-based matrix, are used in a wide range of end-use industries. Poly aramid paper is a major component used in discontinuous reinforcement phase on polymer matrix composites, which offers high stiffness and strength. Thus, demand for these composites in increasing across various industries including aerospace and defense, which is a major factor propelling the demand for aramid papers. This, in turn, is projected to drive the global aramid paper market in the near future.
- Expansion of electronics and electrical industries across various developing and developed countries is expected to fuel the demand for aramid papers. This is another factor that is expected to drive the global aramid paper market during the forecast period.
- Adoption of aramid paper is increasing rapidly in the defense sector for protection against ballistic weapons, helmets vehicles, and protective clothing. Increase in defense development projects is another factor driving the global aramid paper market. Furthermore, demand for aramid paper is increasing from different end-use verticals such as automotive, electronics, and telecommunication. This is attributed to various properties offered by aramid materials such as high tolerance against impact and damage.
- Demand for aramid paper is also rising in the elastomer industry across the globe. In the elastomer industry, aramid paper is majorly utilized in applications such as tires, conveyor belts, and power transmission belts.
- Rising demand for aramid papers in generators, dry transformers, honeycomb materials, and motors from the composites industry is another major factor that is expected to drive the global market in the near future.
Rise in Demand for Aramid Paper-based Products in Aerospace and Defense Industry
- Based on product type, the global aramid paper market can be divided into para-aramid paper and meta-aramid paper. The para-aramid paper segment is expected to account for a significant share of the market, in terms of revenue, during the forecast period. This is attributed to high strength and heat resistant properties offered by para-aramid papers.
- Based on end-use industry, the global aramid paper market can be classified into aerospace and defense, automotive, electronics and electrical, and others (composites, sporting goods, etc.). In terms of revenue, the aerospace and defense segment is likely to hold a major share of the global market, owing to the rising demand for aramid paper-based material for manufacturing various components in the aerospace industry.
Asia Pacific to be a Key Market for Aramid Paper
- In terms of region, the global aramid paper market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is projected to account for a significant share, in terms of revenue, of the global aramid paper market during the forecast period. This is attributed to a rise in the demand for aramid paper based products from electronics and electrical industries across countries in Asia Pacific. Additionally, rapid expansion of aerospace and defense industry in countries in the region is also expected to drive the aramid paper market in Asia Pacific.
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Aramid Paper Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
- Key manufacturers are consistently focusing on the development of advanced aramid paper, with an objective to expand their reach, improve product offerings, and gain competitive edge in the market
- Manufacturers are introducing aramid papers in different forms, such as rolls and sheets with various thicknesses and widths, depending on their applications
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market Include:
- Shenzhen Longpont Co., Ltd.
- COVEME s.p.a.
- Teijin Aramid B.V.
- X-FIPER New Material Co., Ltd.
- WJF Chemicals Co. Ltd.
- Liren Electrical Insulation Materials PTE. Ltd.
- Yantai Tayho Advanced Materials Co., Ltd.
- Harnawa Inc.
Global Aramid Paper Market: Research Scope
Global Aramid Paper Market, by Product Type
- Para-aramid Paper
- Meta-aramid Paper
Global Aramid Paper Market, by End-use Industry
- Aerospace and Defense
- Electronics and Electrical
- Others (Composites, Sporting Goods, etc.)
Global Aramid Paper Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.