Global Antiviral Combination Drug Therapies Market: Introduction
- Combination drug therapy can be defined as usage of two or more pharmacologic agents in a single dosage formulation. Combination antiviral drug therapy has come to the forefront of antiviral treatment in the past few years. The primary objective of combination drug therapy is to enhance the efficacy of single-agent therapy, to minimize toxicity by reducing individual drug dosages, and to prevent or forestall the development of drug resistance. The combination of antiviral drug reduces the viral load and delays the development of drug resistance. Combination antiviral therapy stops the virus from making copies of itself in the body. Antiviral drugs, unlike antibiotics, inhibit the development and growth of the pathogen. This reduces pathogen replication in a patient’s body. High cost of antiviral drugs makes it harder to reach patients. Pharmaceutical companies invest a significant percentage of development cost in research & development.
Key Drivers of Global Antiviral Combination Drug Therapies Market
Increase in Incidence of Viral Infections
- Population growth, increase in contact with wild animals, and degradation of the health care resources lead to increase in incidence rate of viral infectious diseases. Majority of the infectious diseases are spread through animal contact and they are considered as the vector. The other most important reason is the change and adaption occurring in the genetic composition of the organism, which help them to resist the drugs used against them. Infectious viruses first infect an individual through a medium of vector and then spread to the community. Hence, increase in incidence of viral infections drives the global antiviral combination drug therapies market.
Increase in Incidence Rate of Influenza
- Influenza is a respiratory infection caused by influenza viruses and spreads easily. Influenza viruses undergo constant genetic change, which has substantial impact on induced immunity and considerations for vaccine composition. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), when an infected person coughs or sneezes, droplets containing viruses (infectious droplets) are dispersed into the air and can spread up to one meter, and infect persons in close proximity who breathe these droplets in. In order to prevent transmission, people should cover their mouth and nose with a tissue while coughing and wash their hands regularly. Hence, increase in incidence rate of influenza drives the global antiviral combination drug therapies market.
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Antiviral Combination Drug Therapies Market
- North America is projected to account for major share of the global antiviral combination drug therapies market during the forecast period. The market in the region is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace in the next few years due to increase in incidence of infectious diseases and various government initiatives for the development of novel medications. Europe is expected to be the second largest market during the forecast period.
- The antiviral combination drug therapies market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. This can be attributed to rise in investment in research & development by the private and government organizations and increase in incidence of chronic diseases.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Players Operating in Global Antiviral Combination Drug Therapies Market
The global antiviral combination drug therapies market is highly consolidated, with the presence of a small number of key players. Leading players operating in the global antiviral combination drug therapies market are:
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Gilead Sciences
- Abbott Laboratories
- AstraZeneca plc.
- AbbVie, Inc.
- Schering-Plough Corporation
- Johnson & Johnson
- Merck & Co., Inc.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Global Antiviral Combination Drug Therapies Market: Research Scope
Global Antiviral Combination Drug Therapies Market, by Drug Class
- Protease Inhibitors
- Nucleoside Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors
- Nonnucleoside Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors
- Integrase Inhibitors
Global Antiviral Combination Drug Therapies Market, by Disease Indication
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
Global Antiviral Combination Drug Therapies Market, by Route of Administration
Global Antiviral Combination Drug Therapies Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Antiviral Combination Drug Therapies Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.