Global Antiviral Combination Drug Therapies Market: Introduction
- Combination drug therapy can be defined as usage of two or more pharmacologic agents in a single dosage formulation. Combination antiviral drug therapy has come to the forefront of antiviral treatment in the past few years. The primary objective of combination drug therapy is to enhance the efficacy of single-agent therapy, to minimize toxicity by reducing individual drug dosages, and to prevent or forestall the development of drug resistance. The combination of antiviral drug reduces the viral load and delays the development of drug resistance. Combination antiviral therapy stops the virus from making copies of itself in the body. Antiviral drugs, unlike antibiotics, inhibit the development and growth of the pathogen. This reduces pathogen replication in a patient’s body. High cost of antiviral drugs makes it harder to reach patients. Pharmaceutical companies invest a significant percentage of development cost in research & development.
Key Drivers of Global Antiviral Combination Drug Therapies Market
Increase in Incidence of Viral Infections
- Population growth, increase in contact with wild animals, and degradation of the health care resources lead to increase in incidence rate of viral infectious diseases. Majority of the infectious diseases are spread through animal contact and they are considered as the vector. The other most important reason is the change and adaption occurring in the genetic composition of the organism, which help them to resist the drugs used against them. Infectious viruses first infect an individual through a medium of vector and then spread to the community. Hence, increase in incidence of viral infections drives the global antiviral combination drug therapies market.
Increase in Incidence Rate of Influenza
- Influenza is a respiratory infection caused by influenza viruses and spreads easily. Influenza viruses undergo constant genetic change, which has substantial impact on induced immunity and considerations for vaccine composition. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), when an infected person coughs or sneezes, droplets containing viruses (infectious droplets) are dispersed into the air and can spread up to one meter, and infect persons in close proximity who breathe these droplets in. In order to prevent transmission, people should cover their mouth and nose with a tissue while coughing and wash their hands regularly. Hence, increase in incidence rate of influenza drives the global antiviral combination drug therapies market.
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Antiviral Combination Drug Therapies Market
- North America is projected to account for major share of the global antiviral combination drug therapies market during the forecast period. The market in the region is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace in the next few years due to increase in incidence of infectious diseases and various government initiatives for the development of novel medications. Europe is expected to be the second largest market during the forecast period.
- The antiviral combination drug therapies market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. This can be attributed to rise in investment in research & development by the private and government organizations and increase in incidence of chronic diseases.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Players Operating in Global Antiviral Combination Drug Therapies Market
The global antiviral combination drug therapies market is highly consolidated, with the presence of a small number of key players. Leading players operating in the global antiviral combination drug therapies market are:
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Gilead Sciences
- Abbott Laboratories
- AstraZeneca plc.
- AbbVie, Inc.
- Schering-Plough Corporation
- Johnson & Johnson
- Merck & Co., Inc.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Global Antiviral Combination Drug Therapies Market: Research Scope
Global Antiviral Combination Drug Therapies Market, by Drug Class
- Protease Inhibitors
- Nucleoside Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors
- Nonnucleoside Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors
- Integrase Inhibitors
Global Antiviral Combination Drug Therapies Market, by Disease Indication
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
Global Antiviral Combination Drug Therapies Market, by Route of Administration
Global Antiviral Combination Drug Therapies Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Antiviral Combination Drug Therapies Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.