Antiviral Combination Therapies Market
Antiviral Combination Therapies Market (Drug Combination: NRTI/NNRTI, Integrase Inhibitor/NRTI, NRTI, NRTI/Protease Inhibitor, and Others; Type: Branded and Generic; Indication: HIV, Hepatitis, and Others; Route of Administration: Oral and Intravenous; and Distribution Channel: Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, and Others) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Multiple Antiviral Drugs Prove More Effective in Treatment of COVID-19 than Single Drugs
The triple combination of lopinavir-ritonavir, ribavirin, and interferon beta-1b holds promising potentials in the treatment of coronavirus (COVID-19). Researchers in healthcare companies and organizations are referring historical findings of the lopinavir-ritonavir & ribavirin combination, which was effective in lowering the morbidity and mortality rate of the then SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome). Since COVID-19 is a novel viral infection, companies in the antiviral combination therapies market are increasing their research in triple combination therapies to advance in the coronavirus treatment.
Many Coronavirus patients are in need for intensive respiratory support in hospitals. Since lopinavir–ritonavir and interferon beta-1b were found to reduce the viral load in SARS, companies in the antiviral combination therapies market are increasing focus in these drugs to innovate in antiviral drugs for coronavirus. It has been found that multiple antiviral drugs help to improve patient outcomes as compared to the consumption of single drug treatments.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Antiviral Combination Therapies Market
Strategic Collaborations Help Increase Combination Therapy Trials for Combating Coronavirus
Companies in the antiviral combination therapies market are taking giant strides by increasing their trails to combat COVID-19. The Indian Institute of Chemical Technology (IICT) has joined forces with the Indian subsidiary of global pharmaceutical company, Mylan, to innovate in combination therapies for coronavirus. Many pharmaceutical companies in India have entered the Phase 3 of clinical trials with the help of computational modelling of molecules and laboratory-based data. The unprecedented demand for antiviral drugs has fueled innovations in combination therapy trials. Moreover, rising COVID-19 cases in India is acting as a key driver for market growth.
Medical institutes are increasing efforts to collaborate with hospitals to innovate in combination therapy trials. It has been found that the combination of antiviral drugs with antibiotics holds promising potentials in minimizing coronavirus symptoms in patients.
Traditional Chinese Medicine with Entecavir Reduces Morbidity in Hepatitis B Patients
The antiviral combination therapies market is projected to advance at a high CAGR during the assessment period. Healthcare companies are exploring new therapy avenues such as the combined therapy of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), along with antiviral drugs for the treatment of chronic hepatitis B (CHB). The Chinese YinQiSanHuang-antiviral decoction with entecavir is gaining popularity for reducing the annual incidence of liver fibrosis/cirrhosis amongst hepatitis B patients. Thus, analysts of Transparency Market Research (TMR) anticipate that the antiviral combination therapy is a fast growing phenomenon for hepatitis B treatment.
It has been found that conventional antiviral drugs alone are not enough for the efficacious hepatitis B treatment. As such, there is a need for credible clinical evidence to understand the combination of TCM and Western medicines for the hepatitis B treatment.
Small Molecule Antagonists Combined with Oral Antivirals for Hepatitis Treatment
The combination therapy with lamivudine or tenofovir and pegylated interferon (PEG-IFN) has been reported for the treatment of hepatitis B. As such, there is a need for clarification on clinical evidence to analyze the long-term efficacy of this type of combination therapy for CHB. Hepatitis B patients with low hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) levels are being recommended with the combination therapy. However, the scientific community is faced with challenges such as restrictions in research project funds, which breaks the long-term continuity of trial periods. Hence, companies in the antiviral combination therapies market should increase their research expenditure to explore new combination therapies based on different mechanisms.
New drug developments are in pipeline for companies in the antiviral combination therapies market. In November 2018, Gilead Sciences— the U.S. biopharmaceutical company, announced that combination of GS-9688— an investigational oral selective small molecule agonist and oral antivirals is well tolerated among viral hepatitis patients.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
New ARV Regimens Minimize Incidence of Intolerable Adverse Effects in HIV Patients
North America is predicted to account for the lion’s share in revenue of the antiviral combination therapies market during 2020-2030. However, adults living with HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) have been reported to encounter adverse effects such as metabolic complications and kidney dysfunction due to the adoption of the combination antiretroviral therapy (ART). Hence, healthcare companies are increasing their R&D efforts to develop new ARV regimens that cause fewer serious and intolerable adverse effects than regimens used in the past.
NRTIs (Nucleoside Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors) are associated with multiple mechanisms of action among HIV patients. Companies in the antiviral combination therapies market such as Merck are keen on development of their Islatravir NRTI. Manufacturers are increasing the availability of NRTIs that have greater inhibitory quotients against drug-resistant mutations. Such manufacturers have a competitive edge in the market since traditional NRTIs confer low fold-shifts in potency.
PEG IFN and Nucleoside Analogues Combination Enhances Immune Response in CHB Patients
Chronic hepatitis B is found to be an important cause for cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) worldwide. In order to avoid incidence of HCC, companies in the antiviral combination therapies market are increasing the availability of nucleoside analogues or pegylated interferon in order to prevent progression to cirrhosis. As such, antiviral combination therapy is being highly publicized as an additive and a synergistic agent to prevent HCC in hepatitis B patients. Hence, companies in the antiviral combination therapies market are increasing research to identify the sequence of treatments that can be efficacious in minimizing HCC in CHB patients.
Combinations of nucleoside analogues and PEG IFN bode well for preventing progression of cirrhosis in hepatitis B patients. Healthcare companies are capitalizing on incremental opportunities, since PEG IFN and nucleoside analogues result in lowering hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) concentrations and enhancing immune response.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Antiviral Combination Therapies Market
Anti-HIV combination drugs are gaining popularity for fighting COVID-19. Combination strategies involving PEG IFN and nucleoside analogues help to inhibit hepatitis B virus replication in patients, whilst enhancing immune response. Investigational small molecule agonists are being used with oral antivirals to advance in clinical trials for viral hepatitis.
Traditional Chinese medicine in combination with entecavir holds promising potentials for the hepatitis B treatment. However, antiviral medicines such as tenofovir or lamivudine are not recommended during the treatment. Hence, companies in the antiviral combination therapies market should increase awareness about the adverse effects of drugs to avoid morbidity and mortality in hepatitis B patients.
Antiviral Combination Therapies Market: Overview
- The global antiviral combination therapies market was valued at US$ 40.4 Bn in 2019 and is projected to expand at a high CAGR from 2020 to 2030. Antiviral combination therapies are drugs developed using a combination of two or more drugs for the treatment of various viral diseases, including chronic hepatitis B, hepatitis C, and HIV. Combination antiretroviral therapy aids in stopping the virus from making multiple copies of itself in the body.
- The global antiviral combination therapies market is driven by significant growth in spending on research & development by market players for the development of effective antiviral combination therapies for the treatment of a range of viral diseases; ability of the combination therapy to control the antibiotic resistance, and increase in focus on drug repurposing and vaccine development for the treatment of COVID-19.
Antiviral Combination Therapies Market: Segmentation
- The global antiviral combination therapies market has been segmented based on drug combination, type, indication, route of administration, distribution channel, and region
- In terms of drug combination, the global antiviral combination therapies market has been categorized into NRTI/NNRTI, integrase inhibitor/NRTI, NRTI, NRTI/protease inhibitor, and others. Based on type, the global antiviral combination therapies market has been divided into branded and generic.
- In terms of indication, the global antiviral combination therapies market has been classified into HIV, hepatitis, and others. Globally, in 2019, over 38 million people lived with HIV. Of these, around 36.2 million were adults and 1.8 million were children. Additionally, over 1.7 million individuals acquired HIV in 2019. Based on route of administration, the global antiviral combination therapies market has been bifurcated into oral and intravenous.
- In terms of distribution channel, the global antiviral combination therapies market has been segregated into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and others
Antiviral Combination Therapies Market: Regional Segmentation
- In terms of region, the global antiviral combination therapies market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global antiviral combination therapies market in 2019 and the trend is projected to continue during the forecast period
- The antiviral combination therapies market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a high CAGR from 2020 to 2030. Growth of the antiviral combination therapies market in the region can be attributed to high prevalence rate of HCV and HIV, and increase in market penetration of generic drug manufacturers. Additionally, large pool of patients suffering from chronic diseases in countries such as China and India and wide retail pharmacy network contribute to the growth of the antiviral combination therapies market in Asia Pacific.
Antiviral Combination Therapies Market: Major Players
- The global antiviral combination therapies market is fragmented in terms of number of players. Key players operating in the global antiviral combination therapies market are
- Celltrion, Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- AbbVie, Inc.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Janssen Global Services
- LLC (Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson)
- Cipla, Inc.
- Mylan N.V.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- among others.
- In August 2020, Janssen Global Services entered into an agreement with the U.S. Government for the large-scale development and manufacturing of 100 million doses of Janssen’s SARS-CoV-2 investigational vaccine, Ad26.COV2.S, for use in the U.S., following the approval of Emergency Use Authorization by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- In May 2020, Gilead received approval from the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare (MHLW) for Veklury (remdesivir), for the treatment of COVID-19 in Japanese patients
Antiviral Combination Therapies Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global antiviral combination therapies market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators for the market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. The report provides the overall revenue of the global antiviral combination therapies market from 2018 to 2030, considering 2019 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global antiviral combination therapies market for the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with market leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global antiviral combination therapies market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts also employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomena in the global antiviral combination therapies market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth pattern of various segments and sub-segments included in the scope of the study. Additionally, the report sheds light on the changing competition dynamics in the global antiviral combination therapies market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global antiviral combination therapies market. The next section of the report highlights the USPs, which include major selling antiviral combination drugs, patent information of combination therapies pipeline analysis, key industry events, disease epidemiology, and COVID-19 pandemic impact on industry (value chain and short/mid/long term impact) in the global antiviral combination therapies market.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global antiviral combination therapies market. Key players operating in the global antiviral combination therapies market have been identified and each one of these has been profiled for its distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players profiled in the global antiviral combination therapies market report.
Key Questions Answered in Antiviral Combination Therapies Market Report
- What will be the sales revenue generated by antiviral combination therapies across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the key trends in the global antiviral combination therapies market?
- What are major drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global antiviral combination therapies market?
- Which regional market is set to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which indication segment will generate the maximum revenue by 2030 and which product segment will expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
Antiviral Combination Therapies Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global antiviral combination therapies market begins with an overview of the market, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives of the study and healthcare compliances laid down by accredited agencies in the purview of research in the global antiviral combination therapies market. It is followed by market introduction, market dynamics, and an overview of the global antiviral combination therapies market, which includes TMR’s analysis of market drivers, restraints, and trends affecting the market. Furthermore, the Y-o-Y growth analysis with elaborate insights has been provided to understand the Y-o-Y growth trends of the global market.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into smaller sections. The report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
Revenue generated by key players in the global antiviral combination therapies market has been mapped to ascertain the size of the market in terms of value. The forecast presented here assesses the total revenue generated in the global antiviral combination therapies market. In order to provide an accurate forecast, we initiated by sizing up the current antiviral combination therapies market with the help of the parent market.
The report analyzes the global antiviral combination therapies market in terms of drug combination, type, indication, route of administration, distribution channel, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length and the market share of each of these by the end of 2030 has been provided. These valuable insights would help stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investments in the global antiviral combination therapies market.
Antiviral Combination Therapies Market – Segmentation
Route of Administration