Antimicrobial Catheters Market: Introduction
- Urethral catheterization is a medical procedure that allows uninterrupted drainage of the urinary bladder. It is used for diagnostic purpose, such as determining the etiology of various genital and urinary conditions or to relieve urinary retention, administer medication, or provide irrigation.
- Antimicrobial coated catheters prevent the formation of biofilms and crust, thus reducing the chances of hospital-acquired, catheter-associated urinary tract infections (CAUTIs) or nosocomial urinary tract infections. Advancement in catheter devices is driving the global antimicrobial catheters market, which aims to reduce the 2 million infections contracted by hospital patients each year. Globally, manufacturers are developing innovative catheter products, as new applications open up.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Antimicrobial Catheters Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Antimicrobial Catheters Market
- Large population is suffering from cardiovascular, neurological, and other disorders that lead to hospitalization. In case of chronic disorders, hospitalization is associated with catheterization. Rapidly increasing number of patients suffering from chronic disorders is driving the global antimicrobial catheters market.
- Report published by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services revealed that 13 million individuals suffer from urinary incontinence each year. Urinary incontinence is more prevalent in women than men; it is 10% to 30% in women as compared to 1.5% to 5% in men. An estimated 17% women and 16% men above the age of 18 years suffer from overactive bladder (OAB) and around 12.2 million individuals suffer from urge incontinence.
- Life expectancy of people has increased in the last decade. Hence, there is a large population above reproducible age. The immune system of a person weakens with age. Therefore, rise in geriatric population has led to high probability of contracting diseases.
- According to the National Institute of Aging, in 2010, 8% of the world’s population was aged 65 years or above, which was about 524 million people. The number of people in this age group in underdeveloped countries is projected to increase more than 250% between 2010 and 2050, as compared to 71% increase in developed countries. Aging increases incidence of chronic diseases leading to hospitalization. This is projected to boost the antimicrobial catheters market during the forecast period, as increase in number of hospitalizations is likely to drive the demand for catheters.
- Stringent regulations and reimbursement policies regarding catheters is anticipated to hamper the market growth during the forecast period
Silver Oxide Incorporated Catheters Segment to Lead Global Antimicrobial Catheters Market
- In terms of product type, the global antimicrobial catheters market can be divided into silver oxide incorporated catheters, nitrofurazone-releasing catheters, and others
- Based on material, the global antimicrobial catheters market can be categorized into plastic, silicon, rubber, and others
- Plastics used for catheter manufacturing include polyvinyl chloride (PVC), polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), and polyurethane (PUR). Polyurethane is most commonly used in catheter manufacturing, as it exhibits high biocompatibility and hemocompatibility, making the catheters usable for a longer time.
- Silicone is one of the most thoroughly tested and widely used groups of biomaterials for catheter manufacturing. Silicone is thermo sensitive in nature and exhibits high biocompatibility, hemocompatibility, and biodurability.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Antimicrobial Catheters Market Report
North America to Lead Global Antimicrobial Catheters Market
- The global antimicrobial catheters market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is a significant market for antimicrobial catheters due to substantial focus on health care development and presence of several key market players.
- Growing awareness and affordability of patients in developing economies, such as China, India, and Brazil, are expected to provide huge growth opportunities for antimicrobial catheters market
Key Players Operating in Global Antimicrobial Catheters Market
Key players operating in the global antimicrobial catheters market are:
- Coloplast A/S
- Teleflex, Inc.
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- ConvaTec Group plc
Global Antimicrobial Catheters Market: Research Scope
Global Antimicrobial Catheters Market, by Product
- Silver Oxide Incorporated Catheters
- Nitrofurazone-releasing Catheters
Global Antimicrobial Catheters Market, by Material
Global Antimicrobial Catheters Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.