Angioplasty Balloons & Stents Market
Angioplasty Balloons & Stents Market (Product: Stents and Balloons; Indication: Coronary Artery Diseases and Peripheral Artery Diseases; and End User: Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, and Cath Labs) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Complications with Existing Treatments to Drive Innovations
The healthcare sector is no stranger to innovations and technological advancements. Research and development activities continue to improve the efficacy of treatments and bring forward new therapies to treat a range of diseases. Over the past couple of decades, minimally invasive procedures have gained a great amount of popularity within the healthcare sector. A similar trend can be observed within the angioplasty balloons & stents market as the adoption of minimally invasive procedures is on the rise, particularly among patients who have been diagnosed with coronary heart diseases or experienced a heart attack.
At present, healthcare experts are focusing on minimizing the complications involved with the percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) by leveraging the benefits of technology that continue to improve the effectiveness and safety of these treatments. The advent of different types of stents coupled with technological progress is likely to play an important role in boosting the growth of the market for angioplasty balloons & stents during the forecast period. Companies operating in the current market landscape are also expected to focus on the development of scaffold designs, use of dual antiplatelet therapy, and delivery of anti-proliferative agents have played an important role in minimizing the stent thrombosis and restenosis rates. Complications involved with the existing angioplasty balloons and stents are anticipated to drive innovations in the angioplasty balloons & stents market that is expected to reach ~US$ 9 Bn by 2027.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Angioplasty Balloons Market
Noteworthy Developments in Coronary Stent Technology to Augment Market
Since its introduction in the 1970s, coronary artery balloon angioplasty has emerged as one of the most effective and ideal alternative treatment to the coronary artery bypass surgery. With significant progress in scaffold designs and promising outcomes from research & development, the global angioplasty balloons & stents market is expected to witness steady growth in the coming years. Bioabsorbable stent scaffolds are increasingly being used worldwide and are predominantly made from bioabsorbable polymer backbone and polymer coating of poly-D and L-lactide, which is an anti-proliferative drug. Over the years, this stent type has gained a considerable amount of popularity, as it has offered imaging and clinical results that are similar to that of traditional drug eluting stents (DES). Several companies within the angioplasty balloons & stents market are rolling out different types of stents to gain an edge in the current market landscape. For instance, the IDEAL BDS stent introduced by Bioabsorbable Therapeutics consists of salicylic acid and polyanhydride ester– ingredients that contain anti-inflammatory and antiproliferative elements.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Drug-eluting stents are expected to remain the most popular product type within the angioplasty balloons and stents. Owing to research and advancements in technology, the demand for drug-eluting balloons has witnessed considerable growth in recent times– a trend set to continue during the forecast period. As the adoption of balloon angioplasty continues to rise, the demand for the drug-eluting balloon is experiencing a considerable surge as well. Drug-eluting balloons are increasingly being used in the treatment for coronary vessels with small diameter. Moreover, drug-eluting balloons also enable the efficient application of anti-proliferative agents particularly during barotrauma due to which the adoption of metal scaffolds is expected to take a hit. Studies have revealed that balloon angioplasty procedures are as effective as Paclitaxel-eluting drug-eluting stents and notably better than traditional balloon angioplasty.
Research and Development Continue to Trigger New Innovations and Treatment Techniques
Research and development activities are driving the healthcare sector, as new treatments, therapies, and medication are increasingly being used to address problems related to small blocked arteries. Recent studies that are investigating different treatment types have revealed that the removable balloon has exhibited the same levels of effectiveness as that of permanent stent implants, especially to open up small blocked arteries. Experts operating in the angioplasty balloons & stents market are of the opinion that drug-coated balloon angioplasty could potentially become the gold standard treatment for small blocked arteries. However, with added research, newer alternatives could enter the angioplasty balloons & stents market during the forecast period. Over the past few years, vendors in the angioplasty balloons & stents market are focusing on the development of improved stent technologies for the treatment of peripheral artery diseases.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
The global angioplasty balloons & stents market is expected to grow at a moderate CAGR of 4.5% during the forecast period. The market growth can be primarily attributed to a host of factors, including the advent of bioabsorbable stents, rise in the geriatric population worldwide, high prevalence of cardiovascular diseases, favorable reimbursement policies, and research and development. Technological advancements will play a key role in the development of new and improved angioplasty balloons and stents. Companies operating in the angioplasty balloons & stents market should focus on research and aim to attain approval for their products to gain an edge in the current market landscape.
Angioplasty Balloons & Stents Market: Overview
- Angioplasty is a procedure, which opens narrowed arteries. During the procedure, a long, thin tube called catheter, which has a small balloon on its tip, is used to open the blockage. In some cases, a mesh-like device made of metal is placed inside an artery, which helps to improve blood flow. Stent procedures are usually performed, along with balloon angioplasty. The global angioplasty balloons & stents market is projected to expand significantly, due to increase in incidence of cardiovascular disease across the world.
- Cardiovascular diseases are a major health concern, with prevalence rising rapidly across the globe. Changing lifestyle, increase in obesity, and addiction to alcohol are the major risk factors for heart diseases.
Angioplasty Balloons & Stents Market: Drivers
- According to the American College of Cardiology, the number of people with peripheral artery disease across the globe increased from 164 million in 2004 to 202 million in 2010. Moreover, prevalence of peripheral artery disease is rising in low- and middle-income countries, especially in Southeast Asia and Western Pacific. Furthermore, according to the American Heart Association, in 2018, cardiovascular diseases accounted for nearly 836,546 deaths in the U.S. i.e., one in every three deaths. This factor boosts the demand for balloons and stents, which in turn is expected to drive the global angioplasty balloons and stents market.
- Increase in the number of cardiac procedures using stents has led to the rise in the adoption of drug-eluting stents. The number of percutaneous coronary interventions (PCI) has also increased at a steady pace.
- According to the Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, in 2016, around 594,000 stents were used in 495,000 PCIs in India, with DES accounting for 80% of the stents implanted
Angioplasty Balloons & Stents: Market Segmentation
- In terms of product, the global angioplasty balloons & stents market has been bifurcated into balloons and stents. The balloons segment has been split into drug-coated balloons and plain old balloons. The stents segment has been segregated into drug-eluting stents and bare metal stents.
- Based on indication, the global angioplasty balloons & stents market has been classified into coronary artery disease and peripheral artery diseases
- In terms of end user, the global angioplasty balloons & stents market has been divided into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and cath labs
- Each segment of the global angioplasty balloons & stents market has been analyzed in detail for market trends, recent trends, developments, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and useful insights
- The report provides current and future revenue (US$ Mn) for each of these segments from 2017 to 2027, considering 2018 as the base year. The compound annual growth rate (% CAGR) has been provided for each segment of the global angioplasty balloons & stents market from 2019 to 2027, along with market size estimations.
Angioplasty Balloons & Stents Market: Regional Overview
- In terms of region, the global angioplasty balloons & stents market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The regions have been divided into major countries and sub-regions.
- North America is expected to dominate the global angioplasty balloons & stents market during the forecast period. The angioplasty balloons & stents market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period.
- The current and future values in terms of revenue (US$ Mn) of these regional markets and their major countries have been provided in the report from 2017 to 2027, along with their CAGRs for the period from 2019 to 2027
- The study also offers a list of recommendations, highlights, and useful insights of the global angioplasty balloons and stents market, which would help new companies willing to enter the global market and existing companies to increase market shares and help in the decision-making process
Angioplasty Balloons & Stents Market: Major Players
- The report concludes with the company profiles section that includes key information about the major players in the global angioplasty balloons and stents market
- Key players analyzed in this report are
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Cook Medical
- Biosensors International Group, Ltd
- MicroPort Scientific Corporation
- Terumo Corporation
- Stentys SA
- Biotronik, Inc.
- Each of these players has been profiled in the global angioplasty balloons & stents market report based on parameters such as company overview, financial overview, business strategies, product portfolio, business segments, and recent developments
Angioplasty Balloons & Stents Market - Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global angioplasty balloons & stents market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators for the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides the revenue of the global angioplasty balloons & stents market for the period from 2017 to 2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of the global angioplasty balloons & stents market for the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with key opinion leaders, industry leaders, and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global angioplasty balloons and stents market.
Secondary research includes Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approach to study various phenomena in the global angioplasty balloons and stents market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments and sub-segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on changing competitive dynamics in the global angioplasty balloons and stents market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global angioplasty balloons and stents market.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global angioplasty balloons and stents market. Key players operating in the global angioplasty balloons & stents market have been identified and each one of these has been profiled for their distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standing, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global angioplasty balloons & stents market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Angioplasty Balloons & Stents Market Report
- What is the sales/revenue generated by each product segment across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the opportunities in the global angioplasty balloons and stents market?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats of the global angioplasty balloons and stents market?
- Which regional market is likely to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which angioplasty balloons and stents types are expected to generate the highest revenue globally in 2027? Which segment is projected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
- What was the market shares or positions of different companies operating in the global angioplasty balloons & stents market in 2018?
Angioplasty Balloons & Stents Market - Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global angioplasty balloons & stents market begins with an overview of the market, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study, technological advancement in different types of stents, regulatory approval, clinical trials, reimbursement scenario of different balloons, and new product launches in the market.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled chapter wise, with each section divided into smaller ones. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global angioplasty balloons & stents market in terms of product, indication, end user, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length, and the market share for each of these at the end of 2027 has been provided. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investment in the global angioplasty balloons and stents market.
Angioplasty Balloons & Stents Market - Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global angioplasty balloons & stents market includes information divided into four sections: product, indication, end user, and region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these sections of the global angioplasty balloons & stents market have been discussed in detail.
Coronary Artery Diseases
Peripheral Artery Diseases
Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Middle East & Africa