- An allograft is a biologic scaffold, which is a mammalian extracellular matrix composed of an elastin, laminin, fibrinectin, and collagen. Allograft is a tissue transplanted from one person to another. Over one million allografts are transplanted each year. Allografts are being used for various procedures to repair limbs, save lives, improve a patient’s quality of life, and to relieve pain.
- Ligaments, bone, and tendons can be used in neurosurgery, orthopedics, plastic surgery, and dental surgery. Blood vessels and heart valves are used in heart surgery. Skin can be used in abdominal surgery or to treat severe burns. Cornea transplant can repair vision to a person, who has a failed or damaged cornea.
- Donated tissue or bone can also be used in products that are utilized during surgery, such as demineralized bone matrix. It is a type of bone putty.
- Rise in prevalence of degenerative joint diseases and increase in clinical applications of allografts in medical procedures and sports injuries are expected to drive the global allografts market during the forecast period
Key Drivers of Global Allografts Market
- Increase in clinical applications of allografts in medical procedures and sports injuries is projected to drive the demand for allografts during the forecast period
- Diabetic foot ulcer is a leading cause for hospitalization and is associated with significant morbidity and mortality. Clinical trials have shown effective treatments of diabetic foot ulcers with dehydrated human amnion/chorion membrane (dHACM).
- According to a report by the Transplant Department of Cleveland Clinic, nearly 30,000 surgeries with allograft tissue are performed every year in Cleveland Clinic, including meniscal transplants and anterior cruciate ligament procedures
- A report published by the International Journal of Research in Orthopaedics indicated that allograft is a good alternative to autograft for primary anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction, as it yields the same clinical outcome, but with reduced operative time
Soft Tissue Allograft Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of type, the global allografts market can be divided into soft tissue allograft, machined allograft, demineralized bone matrix (DBM), and others
- The soft tissue allograft segment can be categorized into cartilage, tendon allograft, meniscus allograft, dental allograft, collagen allograft, and amniotic allograft
- The soft tissue allograft segment is anticipated to dominate the global allografts market during the forecast period due to increase in the usage of soft tissue allografts and technological advancements. For instance, PASCO2 technology uses supercritical carbon dioxide to extract unwanted compounds from soft tissue allografts developed by Alamo Tissue Service.
Hospitals to be Highly Attractive Segment
- Based on end-user, the global allografts market can be classified into hospitals, specialized clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, and others
- The hospitals segment is expected to account for major share of the global allografts market by 2030
- Hospitalization for orthopedic surgeries and diabetic foot ulcers is likely to augment the hospitals segment in terms of revenue during the forecast period. Additionally, increase in the usage of soft tissue allografts for the treatment of burns and wound management contributes to the increasing market share.
North America to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- In terms of region, the global allografts market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Presence of a large number of soft tissue allografts manufacturers, rise in anterior cruciate ligament injuries, and technologically advanced research & treatment platforms in North America are expected to drive the market in the region from 2020 to 2030
Key Players Operating in Global Allografts Market
The global allografts market is semi-consolidated, with the presence of international and local players. Key players operating in the global allografts market are:
- LeMaitre Vascular
- Integra LifeSciences
- CONMED Corporation
- XTANT MEDICAL
- Celularity, Inc.
- Arthrex, Inc.
- Zimmer Biomet
- Osiris Therapeutics, Inc.
- DePuy Synthes (Johnson and Johnson)
- NuVasive, Inc.
- Smith & Nephew
Global Allografts Market: Research Scope
Global Allografts Market, by Type
- Soft Tissue Allograft
- Tendon Allograft
- Meniscus Allograft
- Dental Allograft
- Collagen Allograft
- Amniotic Allograft
- Machined Allograft
- Demineralized Bone Matrix (DBM)
Global Allografts Market, by End-user
- Wound Care
- Reconstruction & Traumatology
Global Allografts Market, by End-user
- Specialized Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Allografts Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.