All Terrain Robots: Blurring the Human-Robot Boundary
Robots and robotics have brought a sea change in a number of industries, while adding never-seen-before value to the society. With rapid advancements in modern technology, such as AI and machine learning, the hybridization of humans and robots is already taking place, and probably not a single industry would be left untouched by these technologies. Over the years, the capabilities of robots have been expanding rapidly.
As engineers continue to take giant steps forward in technology and the robotic field, Transparency Market Research, in its new offering, turns the spotlight on the all terrain robot market, and provides an unbiased analysis on its future prospects. The new study also divulges compelling insights on the evolving trends and opportunities prevailing in the market, to assist stakeholders with effective data-driven decision-making insights.
Planning to lay down future strategy? Perfect your plan with our report brochure here
All Terrain Robot Market: Tracking Historical and Evolutionary Landscape
All terrain robots have been around for some time, but the boundaries between these robots and humans were distinct. In recent times, these lines have been blurring as several advancements came to fore, and all terrain robots are gradually entering into complex and unstructured environments for a wide range of applications. In 2018, the global sales of all terrain robots were valued at US$ 160 million, and the number of new players vying for a pie of this lucrative market continues to increase with each passing year.
All terrain robots have been undergoing continuous development to cater to the needs of advanced technology, especially in military matters, from patrol to dealing with potential explosives. However, it is imperative to note that, professionals often incur difficulties and challenges in the designing of robots to cope up with new requirements from various industries. In addition, the inability of these robots to adapt to diverse terrain conditions remains a challenging aspect for market stakeholders.
Want to know the obstructions to your company’s growth in future? Request a PDF sample here
Key Trends Reforming the All Terrain Robot Market
Legged Robots Gather Significant Interest
The demand for all terrain robots is recently based on government efforts and investments in strengthening military forces with hi-tech innovations and devices, along with rapid inclination of mining as well as agriculture towards automation. Industry-wide prevalence of wheeled robots for their faster and reliable operations continues to influence business strategies; however, the inability of these robots to navigate efficiently over certain obstacles such as sharp declines and rocky terrain has been pulling back their demand. Therefore, manufacturers are shifting their focus towards legged robots that provide ideal terrain adaptation, along with improved mobility and efficiency.
Robots Go to War
All terrain robots have been increasingly playing an important role in the military & defense space, and with a spike in specific requirements, manufacturers are forced to innovate. The emergence of all terrain robots that not only adapt to rough terrain but also neutralize explosives and suspected hazards in military settings has led to the realignment of these strategies. Further, the decreased availability of labor and increased automation in the mining & construction industry has also worked to the advantage of all terrain robot market players. As robots have spread their spectrum across a wide range of industries, from retail to agriculture, market players should be looking at a period of sustained demand.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report here
Strategies to Make the Robotic Future Promising
Robots have been a staple for advanced systems, and their use in numerous industrial applications is increasing day by day. Considering the complexity associated with all terrain robots, user-friendliness in tune with high performance continues to be an influencing factor. Therefore, to stay ahead of the pack, key market stakeholders are expanding their range through the development of new models that offer ergonomics for operations, even in a small logistics footprint.
Sensing relatively high demand for all terrain robots in several countries in Asia Pacific, market stakeholders are now making inroads into these countries from a sales perspectives. The emergence of China, South Korea, and Japan as the fastest-growing markets for robots is further likely to be in favor of stakeholders’ growth strategies. In addition, manufacturers are leveraging new technologies such as Zigbee, Radiofrequency, and Digital Terrain Mapping (DTM) to develop highly-advanced robots with sensors and guidance technology for easy operations. For instance, in February 2018, Guardbot launched a security robot with a whole load of sensors, including GPS, two cameras, and sound sensors, which is capable of maneuvering all types of terrains and swim in the water as well.
The Competitive Landscape
The all terrain robot market shows a high level of fragmentation, with a number of leading players such as Boston Dynamics, Endeavor Robotics, Inc., and Telerob Gesellschaft für Fernhantierungstechnik mbH collectively accounting for 40-50% share of the market.
Sensing the growing importance of all terrain robots apart from military & defense applications, key players in the market are targeted towards the development of innovative products according to the dynamic needs of different industries. Offering innovative services and robotic consulting also remains a key focus area of market vendors to serve specific requirements and strengthen buyer-seller relationships.
In addition to investing in R&D activities and technical expertise to enhance product performance and functionality, manufacturers are focused on strategic partnerships, and acquisitions of robotic start-ups and new entrants in the market.
- In April 2019, Boston Dynamics announced the acquisition of California-based start-up Kinema Systems, to support and strengthen its product offerings, especially in the logistics and astronomy spaces.
- In October 2018, Endeavor Robotics entered into a strategic partnership with Howe and Howe Technologies Inc., to pursue the U.S. Army’s Robotic Combat Vehicle Program. According to the companies, the army expects to acquire 7,000 units of robotic systems through this program.
Report authors hold an optimistic outlook of the all terrain robot market, which is estimated to register a CAGR of 14.5% during the period of 2019 to 2027. As the removal of landmines has become a global urgency, autonomous all terrain robotic systems meant for rescue missions and demining applications are likely to gain high demand in the coming years. Therefore, according to the analysts, manufacturers will need to bring more robots from controlled environments to the real world, which can perform life-saving tasks such as detecting and clearing landmines. Further, with Boston Dynamics’ plans to bring its first commercial product - a quadrupedal robot named ‘Spot’ – into market by 2019-end, other manufacturers will need to improve the versatility of their products and make them ready sooner for the market.
All Terrain Robot Market: Overview
- All terrain robots are robots that are specifically designed for use on terrain and ground areas. Some of the application areas of all terrain robots are military & defense, agriculture, and mining & construction.
- The global all terrain robot market is projected to expand at a CAGR of 14.5% between 2019 and 2027, and reach value of ~ US$ 540 Mn by 2027.
- All terrain robots are largely used in military and defense applications for air strikes on evasive targets, monitoring of coastal waters for adversaries, reconnaissance missions, supply of emergency services, execution of search & rescue operations, and performing several other tasks. Moreover, law enforcement officers and incident-response teams highly rely on all terrain robots during hazardous situations such as earthquakes, fire in buildings, bomb disposing, and other public safety incidents.
Advantageous of All Terrain Robots
- The demand for all terrain robots in the mining industry is expected to increase in the near future, owing to the potential of inspecting dangerous areas. Inspection of mines before entry of any human being into them is expected to reduce the risk of accidents and health hazards.
- Furthermore, all terrain robots are featured with a full HD video system, with a PTZ camera and sensors used to detect the presence of gases and other materials inside mines.
- All terrain robots offer various advantages; they can handle crucial agricultural tasks such as soil and crop monitoring, carrying of materials, and harvesting crops at a faster pace and higher volume than human laborers. Hence, the governments of various countries are planning to technologize the agriculture sector, moving from traditional farming toward sophisticated commercial agro businesses.
Segments of the All Terrain Robot Market
- The global all terrain robot market has been segmented based on type, application, and region. In terms of type, the market has been classified into wheeled, tracked, legged, and hybrid. The wheeled segment dominated the global market in 2018, due to the increasing usage of wheeled all terrain robots in various applications.
- In terms of application, the global all terrain robot market has been divided into military & defense, mining & construction, agriculture, and others. The military & defense segment is expected to dominate the global all terrain robot market during the forecast period, due to the increasing demand for all terrain robots for use in applications such as reconnaissance, supply of emergency services, and execution of search & rescue operations.
- In terms of region, the global all terrain robot market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and the Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific accounted for a major share of the global all terrain robot market in 2018. The all terrain robot market in the region is driven by the strong presence of key players and high rate of adoption of all terrain robots.
Attracted by the anticipated growth of the global all terrain robot market and underlying latent demand, several players are expanding their businesses through strategic mergers and acquisitions as well as partnerships. Some of the prominent players operating in the global all terrain robot market are
- Boston Dynamics
- Dr Robot Inc.
- ENDEAVOR ROBOTICS, INC.
- Evatech, Inc.
- Inspector Bots, NIDES Ltd.
- Stanley Innovation
- SuperDroid Robots, Inc.
All Terrain Robot Market: Complete Analysis and Opportunity Assessment
A new business intelligence report published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) encompasses a thorough analysis of the all terrain robot market for the period between 2019 and 2027. The report covers a detailed assessment of the drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges in the all terrain robot market. It also studies the evolving trends in the market to define how the all terrain robot market will grow and expand during the predefined period.
TMR’s study conducts an in-depth analysis of the new technologies and their impact on the business strategies adopted by market players. The all terrain robot market has be assessed at both, macroscopic and microscopic levels, to offer comprehensive insights and forecast statistics of the all terrain robot market, which can arm stakeholders with vital information to take critical decisions with clarity.
In the report, readers can find a detailed taxonomy along with elaborate insights on the competitive landscape of the all terrain robot market. TMR’s study profiles various companies operating in the all terrain robot market, wherein, product development and several growth strategies have been detailed.
All Terrain Robot Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study includes a segmental assessment of the all terrain robot market based on type, application, and region. Readers can gauge the various dynamics and latest trends associated with each segment, and their impact on the overall growth of the market.
Military & Defense
Mining & Construction
Middle East & Africa
What are the Key Questions Answered in the All Terrain Robot Market Report?
TMR’s study provides a qualitative and quantitative breakdown of the all terrain robot market, to assist readers with well-informed decision-making insights. It also offers exclusive historical and current data to estimate the future growth of the all terrain robot market. Detailed information in the report answers several important questions for readers to gain better understanding of the market.
- What are the significant trends influencing the growth prospects of the all terrain robot market?
- What are the key opportunities market players can bank on to generate high profits?
- How much share does each region hold in the all terrain robot market?
- Which segment will emerge to be highly profitable in the all terrain robot market?
- What are the challenges that may restrict the progress of all terrain robot market in the coming years?
- What are the key strategic initiatives taken by all terrain robot market players to stay ahead of the pack?
The report on the all terrain robot market is a result of a thorough and extensive research methodology, involving a number of primary and secondary resources. With the help industry-validated information obtained through and verified by these resources, analysts could come up with vital insights on various aspects and nuances of the all terrain robot market.
In the primary phase, analysts have conducted interviews and discussions with key opinion leaders, C-level executives, vice presidents, regional managers, technology managers, sales managers, and marketing managers of a number of companies in the supply chain of the all terrain robot market. The exclusive data gathered through these interviews have contributed to the development of the all terrain robot market report.
In the secondary phase, analysts studied company annual report publications, industry association publications, presentations of all terrain robot manufacturers, and case studies & white papers to gain a better understanding of the all terrain robot market, and estimate its future growth potential. Secondary resources such as Robotics Industries Association, Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), IEEE Robotics and Automation Society, and International Federation of Robotics have been referred to by the analysts to develop the all terrain robot market report.