Alcoholic Hepatitis Therapeutics Market
Alcoholic Hepatitis Therapeutics Market (Treatment: Corticosteroids, Hemorrheologic Agents, Anabolic Steroids, and Others; Application: Mild and Severe/Chronic; and Distribution Channel: Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, and Online Pharmacies) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020 - 2030
- 173 Pages
Increasing Knowledge Pertaining to Pathophysiology Coupled with Entry of New Treatment Alternatives to Aid Market Growth
The number of individuals suffering from alcoholic liver diseases has witnessed exponential growth over the past two decades and as per current trends, numbers are expected to further grow at a rapid pace. Of various alcoholic liver diseases, alcoholic hepatitis has considerably higher mortality and morbidity rate. In addition, the financial and healthcare burden caused due to alcoholic hepatitis continues to move in the upward curve. Over the past decade, a huge amount of research and development activities has been carried out to improve diagnostic care and quality of treatments.
Research and development activities have revealed that modification of gut microbiota and products related to it, including nutritional intervention, increasing steroid sensitivity, lipopolysaccharide, immune modulation, and epigenetic modification of liver damage caused by alcohol are some of the groundbreaking avenues in the alcoholic hepatitis therapeutics market that are expected to offer tremendous promise during the forecast period. At present, with increasing knowledge pertaining to pathophysiology, new treatment alternatives for alcoholic hepatitis are expected to make an entry into the alcoholic hepatitis therapeutics market.
At the back of these factors, along with growing investments for R&D activities, the global alcoholic hepatitis therapeutics market is expected to reach ~US$ 1.2 Bn by the end of 2030.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Alcoholic Hepatitis Therapeutics Market
High Prevalence of Alcoholic Liver Diseases Worldwide to Fuel Market Growth
The global burden of alcoholic related diseases continues to grow at a rampant pace. According to the World Health Organization, nearly half a million deaths were reported in 2016 that were linked to alcohol-related cirrhosis. At present, companies in the alcoholic hepatitis therapeutics market are primarily focusing on attaining future therapeutic targets by investing in drug development and research activities. The socioeconomic status of different regions of the world is another major factor that has played a key role in dictating the prevalence of alcohol-related digestive diseases.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Some of the most extensively used treatment alternatives available in the alcoholic hepatitis therapeutics market include pentoxifylline, nutritional therapy, anabolic steroids, and hemorheological agents. Advancements in technology and basic sciences have increased the overall understanding of the pathogenesis of alcoholic liver diseases due to which, the prospects of the alcoholic hepatitis therapeutics market are staring at a bright future. One of the most widely used therapy for alcoholic hepatitis is enteral nutrition and abstinence. Although anabolic steroids are available as an effective treatment option, the adoption of the same is largely hindered due to the side effects.
Research Activities Likely to Stall amid COVID-19 Pandemic, Drug Development to Continue
The advent of the novel COVID-19 pandemic has played a critical role in influencing the overall operations across the healthcare sector. While the pressure remains high to discover a vaccine or drug to treat the novel coronavirus, research activities pertaining to the development of alcoholic hepatitis therapeutics are likely to take a hit amid the ongoing health crisis. Investments are likely to delay along with potential delays in the development of new drugs and therapies. While the market in the first quarter of 2020 was largely affected by the lockdown imposed by the Chinese Government, the second and third quarters are expected to witness considerable bottlenecks across the supply chain due to restrictions on cross-border trade and transportation.
The global alcoholic hepatitis therapeutics market is expected to witness slower growth compared to the growth in 2019. However, as governments around the world gradually ease down lockdown regulations, the alcoholic hepatitis therapeutics market is likely to witness considerable activity toward the last quarter of 2020.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
The global alcoholic hepatitis therapeutics market is expected to grow at a healthy CAGR of ~6% during the forecast period. The market growth can be primarily attributed to the high prevalence of alcohol-related diseases worldwide, emphasis on the development of new therapies, and consistent growth in the number of research and development projects, among others. Market players are anticipated to focus on research activities and collaborate with small- and medium-sized market participants in different regions to expand their presence in the current market landscape. While the COVID-19 pandemic is projected to disrupt operations, product diversification should remain an area of interest.
Alcoholic Hepatitis Therapeutics Market: Overview
- Alcoholic hepatitis is an inflammatory condition of the liver caused by high alcohol consumption over an extended period. It is also aggravated by binge drinking and ongoing alcohol use. If a person does not stop alcohol consumption, it can lead to additional health problems, such as cirrhosis, excessive bleeding, or even liver failure.
- Symptoms of alcoholic hepatitis include swollen liver, vomiting, nausea, and abdominal pain
- The global alcoholic hepatitis therapeutics market has experienced significant growth in the last decade due to rise in prevalence of alcoholic liver diseases and promising drug pipeline & approvals
- Different types of therapeutics are used in treatment of alcoholic hepatitis, including corticosteroids, hemorrheologic agents, anabolic steroids, others. Corticosteroids is most commonly used in the treatment of alcoholic hepatitis.
- Rise in prevalence of alcoholic liver diseases drives demand for alcoholic hepatitis therapeutics. The most prevalent types of alcoholic liver disease are fatty liver, alcoholic hepatitis, and cirrhosis. The rate of mortality in severe cases is about 50%. If high consumption of alcohol continues, about 40% of patients with alcoholic hepatitis is likely to develop cirrhosis. According to a recent study, around 22,246 people die due to alcoholic liver diseases every year. Of these, 5,786 people are aged between 45 and 54 and 8,126 people between 55 and 64.
- Rich product pipeline and recent approval of drugs to treat alcoholic hepatitis are expected to drive the global alcoholic hepatitis therapeutics market during the forecast period. Gilead Sciences, Inc. has one innovative product i.e., Selonsertib (GS-4997), in pipeline (phase 2) for treatment of alcoholic hepatitis. Additionally, rise in alcohol consumption in developed countries such as the U.S. and countries in Europe is likely to increase number of patients with alcoholic hepatitis. In the U.S., consumption of pure alcohol per capita is 8.7 liters.
Market Segmentation: Alcoholic Hepatitis Therapeutics Market
- In terms of treatment, the global alcoholic hepatitis therapeutics market has been divided into corticosteroids, hemorrheologic agents, anabolic steroids, and others. The corticosteroid segment is likely to dominate the global alcoholic hepatitis therapeutics market during the forecast period.
- Based on application, the global alcoholic hepatitis therapeutics market has been classified into mild and severe/chronic
- In terms of distribution channel, the global alcoholic hepatitis therapeutics market has been categorized into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies. The hospital pharmacies segment dominated the global alcoholic hepatitis therapeutics market in terms of revenue in 2019.
- Each of the segments has been analyzed in detail for market trends, recent trends, and developments, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and useful insights. The report provides current and expected revenue (US$ Mn) for each of these segments from 2018 to 2030, considering 2019 as the base year. The compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) has been provided for each segment and market from 2020 to 2030, along with market size estimations.
Regional Overview: Alcoholic Hepatitis Therapeutics Market
- In terms of region, the global alcoholic hepatitis therapeutics market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The regions have been divided into major countries and sub-regions.
- The current and expected market revenue (US$ Mn) of these regional markets and their major countries have been provided in the report from 2018 to 2030, with their CAGRs from 2020 to 2030
- The study also offers a list of recommendations, highlights, and useful insights of the global alcoholic hepatitis therapeutics market, which would help new companies willing to enter the market and existing companies to increase market shares, and help in the decision-making process
- The alcoholic hepatitis therapeutics market report concludes with the company profiles section, which includes key information about major players in the global alcoholic hepatitis therapeutics market
- Leading players analyzed in the alcoholic hepatitis therapeutics market report include
- Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- Generon Pharmaceutical Technology (Shanghai) Co., Ltd
- Immuron Ltd.
- Intercept Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Each of these players has been profiled in the alcoholic hepatitis therapeutics market report based on parameters such as company overview, financial overview, business strategies, product portfolio, business segments, and recent developments
Alcoholic Hepatitis Therapeutics Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global alcoholic hepatitis therapeutics market studies the past as well as the current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the indicators for the market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. The report provides revenue of the global alcoholic hepatitis therapeutics market for the period 2018–2030, considering 2019 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) of the global alcoholic hepatitis therapeutics market from 2020 to 2030.
The report is prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involves bulk of the research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with key opinion leaders, industry leaders, and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved reaching out to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the alcoholic hepatitis therapeutics market.
Secondary research also includes Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various attributes of the alcoholic hepatitis therapeutics market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Moreover, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global alcoholic hepatitis therapeutics market. These serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global alcoholic hepatitis therapeutics market.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global alcoholic hepatitis therapeutics market. Key players operating in the global alcoholic hepatitis therapeutics market are identified and each one of these is profiled in terms of various attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are the attributes of players in the global alcoholic hepatitis therapeutics market profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Alcoholic Hepatitis Therapeutics Market Report
- What is the sales/revenue generated by alcoholic hepatitis therapeutics across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the opportunities in the global alcoholic hepatitis therapeutics market?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the market?
- Which regional market is set to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which treatment segment is expected to generate the highest revenue globally in 2030? Which segment is projected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
- What are the market positions of different companies operating in the global market?
Alcoholic Hepatitis Therapeutics Market - Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global alcoholic hepatitis therapeutics market begins with an overview, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study and key vendors and distributors operating in the market and regulatory scenario for approval of products.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into smaller sections. The report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global alcoholic hepatitis therapeutics market in terms of treatment, application, distribution channel, and region. Key segments under each criteria are studied at length, and the market share for each of these at the end of 2030 has also been provided. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investment in the global alcoholic hepatitis therapeutics market.
Alcoholic Hepatitis Therapeutics Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global alcoholic hepatitis therapeutics market includes information divided into four segments: treatment, application, distribution channel, and region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these segments of the global alcoholic hepatitis therapeutics market are discussed in detail.