Aesthetic Implant Market
Aesthetic Implant Market (Product: Breast Implants, Dental Implants, Facial Implants, and Others; Material: Metal, Ceramic, Polymer, and Biological; Gender: Female and Male; and End User: Hospitals and Specialty Clinics) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Aesthetic Implants Enters Era of Digitalization
With the advent of digitalization, the aesthetic implant market is witnessing significant developments in terms of technology and adoption of new materials. Research and development activities are predominantly focused on finding new materials that would enhance the efficiency, durability, and performance of aesthetic implants. Growing awareness regarding advantages of various implants, significant developments in computer-aided design & manufacturing (CAD/CAM) software, adoption of new biomaterials, and introduction of novel technologies including 3D printing are expected to play a key role in driving the aesthetic implant market. The aesthetic implant market is projected to reach a value of ~US$ 9.6 Bn by the end of 2027.
Current trends suggest that increasing number of end users are leaning toward cosmetic procedures, particularly in developed regions including North America and Europe – regions that are forecast to collectively account for over 70% of the total market share in 2019. High concentration of prominent market players, early adoption of novel technologies, and rising consumer awareness pertaining to aesthetic implants in these regions have led to an exponential rise in demand for various implants in recent years – a trend that is likely to continue during the forecast period (2019-2027).
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Aesthetic Implant Market
Evolving Technologies to Drive Demand for Advanced Dental Implants
Over the past decade, the dental industry has experienced continual innovation. As a result of advancements, the demand for dental implants, in particular, has increased at an exponential rate. The dental implants product segment is expected to dominate the global aesthetic implant market during the forecast period, accounting for over 61% market share in terms of value, in 2019. This segment is projected to grow at a CAGR of ~7% during the forecast period.
The rise in the adoption of dental implants can be attributed to factors such as scientific use of new materials. The advent of improved and efficient imaging technology, developments in CAD-CAM, and notable advancements in digital dentistry have paved the way for next-generation dental technologies. A recent observable trend that is likely to continue during the forecast period is the mounting demand for metal-free tooth-colored aesthetic dental implants. This is likely to propel the adoption of dental implants made from PEEK polymers. However, the regular clinical use of this material is marred by challenges.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Research activities are likely to focus on improving and optimizing the functional properties of dental implants by leveraging the benefits of digital planning software, CAD-CAM technology, and digital dentistry.
Increase in Use of Metal in Implants
Despite significant efforts toward the development of metal-free aesthetic implants, metal will continue to remain the preferred material for aesthetic implants. The metal segment, which was valued at ~US$ 2.2 Bn in 2018, is expected to surpass the ~US$ 4 Bn mark by the end of 2027. Metal surgical implants, including stainless steel are increasingly being used, owing to their commendable corrosion-resistant properties, which play an imperative role in preventing infections. In 2019, metal and polymer segments are anticipated to account for a combined share of ~78% of the aesthetic implant market. These materials are expected to retain their popularity among manufacturers operating in the aesthetic implant market.
Companies Focus on Innovations and Product Launches
Players operating in the current aesthetic implant market are likely to focus on the development of aesthetic implants with improved functional and aesthetic properties. For instance, in June 2019, Southern Implants, Pty launched the innovative INVERTA ™ implant, which offers improved stability and natural-looking aesthetics. Furthermore, the company aims to expand its global presence and position in the aesthetic market by making its products available worldwide. Brands are also expanding their product portfolio. For instance, Straumann launched a range of new products, including the mini-implant system and two-piece ceramic implant in its efforts to expand its existing product range.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
The aesthetic implant market is expected to grow at a CAGR of ~7% during the forecast period. This growth of the market can be attributed to continuous efforts to improve efficiency, durability, and performance of aesthetic implants. The introduction of the new imaging technology and 3D printing in the aesthetic implant market is anticipated to play a key role in product development. North America and Europe are likely to remain key markets for implants, in terms of innovations and adoption of new technologies. Companies should concentrate their efforts toward expanding their product portfolio and improving the efficiency of their existing products to gain competitive edge in the aesthetic implant market landscape.
Aesthetic Implant Market: Overview
- Aesthetic implants are devices placed inside or over body part(s) in order to modify the beauty and physical appearance of an individual. Aesthetic implants are used to change shapes, sizes, and positions of body organs such as breasts, chest, buttocks, testicles, face (chin, cheek, jaws, and lips), teeth, calf, and penis.
- Apart from enhancing aesthetics, these implants are used to replace missing or damaged body parts (for instance, replacement of breast damaged due to cancer or accident)
- Different types of materials used in the manufacturing of aesthetic implants are metal, ceramic, polymer, and biological
Aesthetic Implant Market: Key Drivers
- Increase in the number of cosmetic surgeries and plastic surgeons is projected to boost the growth of the aesthetic implant market. According to the statistics provided by the International Society of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgeons (ISAPS), over 1.8 million cosmetic surgeries were performed across the globe in 2017.
- According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), over 24,099 buttock augmentation and 313,735 breast augmentation surgeries were performed in the U.S. alone in 2017
- Large number of aesthetic surgeries is anticipated to accelerate the growth of the global aesthetic implant market from 2019 to 2027. Moreover, according to the statistics provided by ISAPS, there were over 43,500 plastic surgeons across the world, as of 2017 (the number is subject to 95 member countries of the ISAPS).
- Increase in incidences of dental disorders is another factor that is expected to drive the global aesthetic implant market. According to a 2018 WHO report, 60% to 80% of children and nearly 100% of adults in the world have dental plaques and cavities, often leading to severe pain and discomfort.
Market Segmentation: Aesthetic Implant Market
- Based on product, the global aesthetic implant market has been divided into breast implant [silicone implant and saline implant], dental implant [root implant and plate implant], facial implant, and others [buttock implant, pectoral implant, etc.]
- In terms of material, the global aesthetic implant market has been classified into metal, ceramic, polymer, and biological
- Based on gender, the global aesthetic implant market has been bifurcated into female and male
- In terms of end user, the global aesthetic implant market has been categorized into hospitals and specialty clinics
- Each of the segments has been analyzed in detail for market trends, recent trends, and developments, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and useful insights. The report provides current and future revenue (US$ Mn) for each of these segments from 2017 to 2027, considering 2018 as the base year. The compound annual growth rate (CAGR) has been provided for each segment and market from 2019 to 2027, along with market size estimations.
Geographic Overview: Global Aesthetic Implant Market
- In terms of region, the global aesthetic implant market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The regions have been divided into major countries and sub-regions.
- The current and future market value in terms of revenue (US$ Mn) of these regional markets and their major countries have been provided in the report from 2017 to 2027, with their CAGRs from 2019 to 2027
- The study also offers a list of recommendations, highlights, and useful insights of the market, which would help new companies willing to enter the market and existing companies to gain market share, and help in the decision-making process
- The report concludes with the company profiles section that includes key information about the major players in the market
- Leading players analyzed in the report include
- Mentor Worldwide LLC (Johnson & Johnson)
- Sientra, Inc.
- GC Aesthetics
- POLYTECH Health & Aesthetics GmbH
- Straumann Holding AG
- Dentsply Sirona, Inc.
- 3M Health Care
- Each of these players has been profiled in the report based on parameters such as company overview, financial overview, business strategies, product portfolio, business segments, and recent developments.
Aesthetic Implant Market - Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global aesthetic implant market studies the past as well as the current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the indicators for the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides revenue of the global aesthetic implant market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of the global aesthetic implant market from 2019 to 2027.
The report has been prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involves bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts have carried out interviews with key opinion leaders, industry leaders, and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involves referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the aesthetic implant market.
Secondary research also includes Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various attributes of the aesthetic implant market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments and sub-segments included in the scope of the study. Moreover, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global aesthetic implant market. These serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global aesthetic implant market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global aesthetic implant market. Key players operating in the global aesthetic implant market have been identified and each one of these has been profiled in terms of various attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are the attributes of players in the global aesthetic implant market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in the Aesthetic Implant Market Report
- What is the sales/revenue generated by aesthetic implants across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the opportunities in the aesthetic implant market?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the market?
- In which region is the aesthetic implant market expected to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which product segment is expected to generate the highest revenue globally in 2027? Which segment is projected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
- What are the market positions of different companies operating in the global aesthetic implant market?
Aesthetic Implant Market - Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global aesthetic implant market begins with an overview, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study and key vendors and distributors operating in the market and regulatory scenario for approval of products.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into small sections. The report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows a comparison of market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global aesthetic implant market in terms of product, material, gender, end user, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length, and the market share for each of these at the end of 2027 has also been provided. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investments in the aesthetic implant market.
Global Aesthetic Implant Market - Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global aesthetic implant market includes information divided into segments: product, material, gender, end user, and region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these segments of the global aesthetic implant market have been discussed in detail.
Others (buttock implants, pectoral implants, etc.)
Middle East & Africa