Acute Viral Rhinosinusitis Treatment Market
Acute Viral Rhinosinusitis Treatment Market (Treatment: Saline Nasal Spray, Nasal Corticosteroids, Decongestants, NSAIDs, and Others; Route of Administration: Topical, Nasal, Oral, and Injectable; Distribution Channel: Online Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, and Hospital Pharmacies; and Infection Type: Rhinovirus [Picornavirus] and Non-Rhinovirus) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
- 254 Pages
Dupilumab Being Publicized for CRSwNP Treatment in COVID-19 Patients
An increasing number of patients suffering from severe chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyps (CRSwNP) is being exposed to COVID-19. In order to improve patient outcomes in these individuals, companies in the acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment market are increasing their output capacities in dupilumab. Dupilumab is associated with improvement in sinonasal function, which is essential for initially tackling coronavirus.
Dupilumab helps to improve nasal symptoms such as congestion, thus positively affecting the upper respiratory tract. Manufacturers in the acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment market are boosting their production capabilities for other treatments such as nasal corticosteroids and decongestants apart from dupilumab to reduce morbidity and mortality rates amid the ongoing pandemic. The completion of the treatment with dupilumab is recommended, since interruption in the therapy could lead to the progression of rhinosinusitis and worsening of common comorbidities including asthma.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Acute Viral Rhinosinusitis Treatment Market
Individual Consideration for Medicines Reduce Complications of ARS
The acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment market is projected to surpass US$ 3.16 Bn by 2031. However, it has been found that in many cases, antibiotics do not prevent the complications of bacterial acute rhinosinusitis (ABRS). This has led to the growing awareness about individual considerations, and taking into account the adverse effects and drug resistances before prescribing antibiotics.
On the other hand, individualized use of intranasal corticoids has proven to be useful in post-vital acute rhinosinusitis (ARS). Manufacturers are bolstering their production capabilities in over-the-counter analgesics and saline nasal irrigation for the treatment of ARS.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Amoxicillin, Clavulanate Being Recommended to Patients at Risk of Pneumococcal Resistance
Companies in the acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment market are increasing the availability of amoxicillin and clavulanate as a means of appropriate initial therapy for ABRS patients who do not have risk factors for resistance. The combination of amoxicillin and clavulanate is prescribed for children compared to adults. However, there is an increasing emergence of antimicrobial resistance among respiratory pathogens. Hence, manufacturers in the acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment market are increasing their R&D for routine conjugated pneumococcal vaccination in children, which has changed the spectrum of bacterial infection.
The high dose of amoxicillin and clavulanate is being recommended for patients at high risk of pneumococcal resistance. The increasing microbial resistance to antibiotics is leading to the popularity of either amoxicillin or amoxicillin-clavulanate for the treatment of ABRS.
Topical Corticosteroid Nasal Sprays Relieve Congestion in Patients
Nasal saline irrigation is found to effectively remove or reduce the burden of debris and pathogens locally from the nares, resulting in symptomatic relief. Companies in the acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment market are increasing their output capacities in topical intranasal therapies to reduce congestion in patients. Topical corticosteroid nasal sprays help to reduce mucosal inflammation, thus reducing stenosis of the sinus drainage pathways. As such, nasal corticosteroids are expected to dominate the second highest revenue among all treatment types in the acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment market.
On the other hand, topical antihistamine can help lower inflammation and irritation of the mucosa, while reducing edema in the nasal passages and opening up the sinus ostia.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Apart from boosting production of dupilumab and other medications, special epidemic situations such as the ongoing coronavirus pandemic are requiring strict recommendations including social distancing and home confinement. The acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.3% during the forecast period. This is evident since the economic burden of ARS is incredibly high, owing to a large number of medical visits. Moreover, misuse of diagnostic testing and overuse of medications lead to high indirect costs. Hence, stakeholders and healthcare providers need to create awareness that ARS is a self-resolving and mild disease that can be treated with the help of individual consideration for medicines.
Acute Viral Rhinosinusitis Treatment Market: Overview
- The term acute rhinosinusitis (ARS) refers to symptomatic inflammation of the nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses that lasts less than four weeks, a viral infection is the most prevalent cause of acute viral rhinosinusitis
- Acute bacterial rhinosinusitis (ABRS) is a nasal and sinus infection. The air-filled space behind the nose is called the nasal cavity. The sinuses are a collection of spaces created by facial bones. These attach to the inside of the nose.
- The global acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment market is anticipated to be driven by the increase in rhinosinusitis patients. In 2018, the CDC estimated that 28.9 million individuals in the U.S. were diagnosed with rhinosinusitis.
- Increase in incidence of mucosal inflammation leading to rhinosinusitis is expected to drive the global market over the next few years
- Demand for acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment is likely to increase due to rise in awareness about sinusitis treatment. New product and device development in the field of acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment is projected to boost the growth of the global market.
Increase in Product Launches and Approvals
- The global acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment market is anticipated to be driven by increase in product approvals over the next few years. In December 2020, AstraZeneca announced that it has received marketing authorization from the Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) for Fasenra. In individuals with severe asthma (eosinophilic asthma) or chronic rhinosinusitis, Fasenra is used in the injection form in a single dose prefilled syringe subcutaneous administration alone. Adult patients with severe asthma with an eosinophilic phenotype or patients with chronic rhinosinusitis are prescribed benralizumab (Fasenra) as an add-on maintenance therapy.
Market Segmentation: Acute Viral Rhinosinusitis Treatment Market
- In terms of treatment, the global acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment market has been classified into saline nasal spray, nasal corticosteroids, decongestants, NSAIDS, and others
- Based on route of administration, the global acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment market has been categorized into topical, nasal, oral, and injectable
- In terms of distribution channel, the global acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment market has been segregated into online pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and hospital pharmacies
- Based on infection type, the global acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment market has been divided into rhinovirus (picornavirus) and non-rhinovirus
- Each of the segments has been analyzed in detail for acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment trends, recent trends & developments, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and useful insights. The acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment market report provides current and future revenue (US$ Mn) for each of these segments for the period from 2017 to 2031, considering 2020 as the base year. The compound annual growth rate (% CAGR) has been provided for each segment and market from 2021 to 2031 along with market size estimations.
Regional Overview: Acute Viral Rhinosinusitis Treatment Market
- The global acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The regions have been divided into major countries and sub-regions.
- North America accounted for the largest share of the global acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment market in 2020 and the trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. Growth of the acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment market in North America can be primarily ascribed to rise in cases of rhinosinusitis in the U.S. For instance, rhinosinusitis accounted for around 12 million to 17 million annual visits to physicians and 12% of antibiotics prescribed to geriatric patients in the U.S., making it one of the 10 most common conditions to be treated in ambulatory practice. Hence, increase in cases of acute rhinosinusitis is projected to fuel the growth of the global acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment market.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to gain market share during the forecast period. Product launches, acquisitions, distribution agreements, alliances, and geographical expansion by local players, especially in China and India, are expected to drive the acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment market in the region over the next few years. Surge in healthcare expenditure and rise in awareness about sinusitis are likely to propel the market in the region.
- The demand for acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment is also driven by the launch of acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment products by major companies in the region. On December 22, 2020, AstraZeneca announced marketing authorization from the Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) for usage of Fasenra (Benralizumab solution for injection in a single dose prefilled syringe30 mg/ml subcutaneous administration only) in patients with severe asthma (eosinophilic asthma) or chronic rhinosinusitis. Benralizumab (Fasenra) is indicated as an add-on maintenance treatment for severe asthma with an eosinophilic phenotype in adult patients or patients with chronic rhinosinusitis.
- The current and future market sizes in terms of value (US$ Mn) of the regional markets and major countries have been provided in the report for the period from 2017 to 2031, along with their CAGRs for the period from 2021 to 2031
- The study also offers a list of recommendations, highlights, and useful insights of the market, which are estimated to help new companies willing to enter the market and existing companies to increase market share and in the decision-making process
- The report concludes with the company profiles section that includes key information about the major players in the global acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment market
- Leading players analyzed in the report are
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Inc.
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Johnson & Johnson)
- Fresenius Kabi USA, LLC
- Dr. Reddy's Laboratories, Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Abbott Laboratories
- Bayer AG
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Merck & Co, Inc.
- AstraZeneca plc
- Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Aurobindo Pharma
- Hikma Pharmaceuticals plc
- Mylan N.V.
- Each of these players has been profiled in the report based on parameters such as company overview, financial overview, business strategies, product portfolio, business segments, and recent developments
Acute Viral Rhinosinusitis Treatment Market – Scope of Report
TMR’s report on the global acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment market studies the past as well as the current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2021 to 2031. The report provides the revenue of the global acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment market for the period of 2017–2031, considering 2020 as the base year and 2031 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) of the global acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment market from 2021 to 2031.
The report has been prepared after extensive research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with key opinion leaders, industry leaders, and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various attributes of the global acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments and sub-segments included in the scope of the study. Moreover, the report sheds light on changing competitive dynamics in the global acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment market. These serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as entities interested in participating in the global acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment market.
The report also delves into the competitive landscape of the global acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment market. Key players operating in the global acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment market have been identified and each one of these has been profiled in terms of various attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are attributes of players in the global acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Acute Viral Rhinosinusitis Treatment Report
- What is the sales/revenue generated by acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment products across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the opportunities in the global acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment market?
- What are major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the global market?
- Which region is set to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which treatment product segment is expected to generate the highest revenue globally in 2031? Which segment is projected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
- What are the market positions of different companies operating in the global market?
Acute Viral Rhinosinusitis Treatment Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment market begins with an overview, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study and key vendors and distributors operating in the market and regulatory scenario for approval of treatments.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into smaller ones. The report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that have been appropriately interspersed. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment market in terms of treatment, route of administration, distribution channel, infection type, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length, and the market share for each of these at the end of 2031 has been provided. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders to make informed business decisions for investment in the global acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment market.
Acute Viral Rhinosinusitis Treatment Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment market includes information divided into four segments: treatment, route of administration, distribution channel, infection type, and region.
|Route of Administration||
Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these segments of the global acute viral rhinosinusitis treatment market have been discussed in detail.