Isopropyl Acetate Market Introduction
- Isopropyl acetate is an ester (organic compound), which is product of esterification of acetic acid and isopropanol. Isopropyl acetate is a urethane grade, fast evaporating, and mild odor solvent, which is miscible with most common organic solvents and has properties intermediate between ethyl and butyl acetates.
- Isopropyl acetate is a clear, colorless liquid with a characteristic fruity odor. It is an active solvent for many types of synthetic resins such as cellulose acetate butyrate, nitrocellulose, vinyl copolymers, polyesters, polyamides, acrylics, and alkyds.
- In terms of application, the global isopropyl acetate market can be segmented into cleaning fluids, coatings, printing inks, cosmetic & personal care, perfumes & fragrances, pharmaceutical, pesticides & insecticides, and others. The coatings segment is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period owing to rise in usage of isopropyl acetate as a raw material in certain paints and coatings.
Key Drivers of Isopropyl Acetate Market?
- Increase in usage of isopropyl acetate in coatings application is expected to boost the market during the forecast period. Isopropyl acetate possesses various properties such as good solvent activity, desirable evaporation rate, and pleasant odor. These properties enable it to be used in a wide range of coating applications. This is estimated to drive the market during the forecast period.
- Increase in use of isopropyl acetate as solvent in the production of polymers, resins, oils, and cellulose is projected to boost the consumption of isopropyl acetate. Isopropyl acetate has strong solvency traits for polymers, resins, oils & fats cellulose and can be readily thinned with aliphatic hydrocarbons. It is primarily used as solvent in the paints & coatings industry for wood varnishes, architectural coatings, printing inks, and adhesives. It can replace n-butyl acetate if a coating needs to dry quicker. Additionally, isopropyl acetate is widely used as solvent in aerosol sprays, thinners, sealants, cleaners, fragrance, cosmetics, and personal care products.
Restraints of Isopropyl Acetate Market
- Side effects associated with isopropyl acetate are restraining the isopropyl acetate market. The odor of isopropyl acetate can be unpleasant and may cause symptoms of central nervous system depression such as nausea, dizziness, and headache at higher concentrations. These side effects increase regulatory restrictions on applications of isopropyl acetate, thereby restraining the market.
- Dearth of universal directives pertaining to applications of isopropyl acetate is likely to hamper the market in the near future. Every country has different directives and legislations pertaining to the use of isopropyl acetate. Companies find it difficult to comply with these country-wise directives and legislations. This can discourage investment in the isopropylacetate market, thereby hampering the market.
- Lack of awareness and low rate of adoption of isopropyl acetate in several developed and underdeveloped countries are projected to hamper the market during the forecast period
COVID-19 Impact on Isopropyl Acetate Market
- The COVID-19 outbreak is hampering the demand for isopropyl acetate in several applications. Numerous governments across the globe enforced lockdowns as a measure to curb the spread of the coronavirus. This resulted in the slowdown and halt in manufacturing operations, restrictions on supply and transport, and infrastructure slowdown, which are adversely affecting the demand for isopropyl acetate.
- Key players operating in the isopropyl acetate market are primarily tier I and tier II manufacturers and suppliers. Manufacture and supply chain facilities of these manufacturers have spread across various countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Several of these players have halted their production output since the last few months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic has negatively impacted the demand and supply chain of isopropyl a??t?t?. Thus, the global isopropyl acetate market is projected to contract in 2020.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Isopropyl Acetate Market?
- In terms of region, the global isopropyl acetate market can be split into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America
- In terms of consumption, Asia Pacific is projected to hold significant share of the global isopropyl acetate market during the forecast period. Rapid expansion of paints & coatings, pharmaceutical, and cosmetics & personal care industries in China, Japan, and South Korea is likely to boost the consumption of isopropyl acetate in these countries during the forecast period.
- The market in North America is also expected to expand at a fast pace during the forecast period owing to an increase in consumption of isopropyl acetate in the paints & coating industry for automotive applications in the U.S. and Canada
- Europe is expected to hold key share of the global isopropyl acetate market during the forecast period owing to rise in usage of isopropyl acetate in pharmaceutical applications
Prominent Players in Global Isopropyl Acetate Market
Major players operating in the global isopropyl acetate market are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies such as joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, expansion, collaborations, new product launches, strategic alliances, and research and development to increase their regional presence and business operations. Key players operating in the market include:
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Sigma Aldrich
- Monument Chemical
- Sisco Research Laboratories Pvt. Ltd
- INEOS Oxide
- Pidilite Industries Ltd.
- Kane International Corporation
- SONTARA ORGANO INDUSTRIES
- Zhejiang Jianye Chemical Co., Ltd.
Research Scope; Global Isopropyl Acetate Market
Global Isopropyl Acetate Market, by Application
- Cleaning Fluids
- Printing Inks
- Cosmetic & Personal Care
- Perfumes & Fragrances
- Pesticides & Insecticides
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.