9-Decanoic Acid Methyl Ester: Introduction
- 9-decanoic acid methyl ester is a saturated fatty acid, which is also known by the chemical name methyl decanoate. It is majorly obtained from coconut oil and palm oil through the transesterification process, where the triglyceride is converted into methyl ester and glycerol in the presence of methanol as the catalyst.
- 9-decanoic acid methyl ester is a very hydrophobic molecule, practically insoluble in water, and relatively neutral
- 9-decanoic acid methyl ester is used in the production of esters for artificial fruit flavors and perfumes. It is also used in chemical synthesis as an intermediate. It is used in organic synthesis as well as in the industrial production of perfumes, lubricants, greases, rubber, dyes, plastics, food additives, and pharmaceuticals.
Key Drivers and Restraints of 9-Decanoic Acid Methyl Ester Market
- 9-decanoic acid methyl ester is primarily used in the flavors & fragrance industry. 9-decanoic acid methyl ester is used to produce artificial fruit flavors and perfumes. Demand for flavoring agents has been increasing across the globe, due to its extensive usage in spices, perfumes, food items such as jams, jellies, and dairy products, fragrance oils, and wines. Rise in demand for functional products manufactured using environmentally friendly processes and flavors developed using bio-based chemicals is likely to drive the demand for 9-decanoic acid methyl ester during the forecast period.
- 9-decanoic acid methyl ester is commonly used as an additive and artificial flavoring agent in the food & beverages industry, as the methyl ester is extracted from natural sources. 9-decanoic acid methyl ester is obtained through the transesterification process. Palm oil, palm kernel oil, coconut oil, seed oil, and animal fat are used as the basic raw materials in the process.
- 9-decanoic acid methyl ester is widely known for its high biodegradability, ecofriendly nature, and ability to be easily hydrolyzed. Such favorable properties contribute to the demand for 9-decanoic acid methyl ester in several home and personal care applications. It is used as a primary ingredient in shampoos, lotions, body wash, soaps, and hand cleaners. Population growth, urbanization, changes in standard of living, and rising per capita income have significantly impacted the demand for home care products such as laundry detergents, soaps, and fabric conditioners. Increase in demand for various applications in personal and cosmetics industries is expected to drive the global 9-decanoic acid methyl ester market in the near future.
9-Decanoic Acid Methyl Ester: Type Segment
- In terms of type, the global 9-decanoic acid methyl ester market can be divided into natural 9-dесаnоіс acid methyl еѕtеr, and sуnthеtіс 9-dесаnоіс асіd methyl еѕtеr
- The natural 9-dесаnоіс acid methyl еѕtеr type segment is projected to hold major share of the global 9-decanoic acid methyl ester market during the forecast period. It is an intermediate for detergents, emulsifiers, wetting agents, stabilizers, resins, lubricants, and plasticizers.
- Natural 9-dесаnоіс acid methyl еѕtеr is an important ingredient extensively used in the global flavors & fragrances industry
- The sуnthеtіс 9-dесаnоіс асіd methyl еѕtеr segment is projected to follow the natural 9-dесаnоіс acid methyl еѕtеr segment during the forecast period. High demand for flavors and fragrances, soaps, and detergents is driving the 9-decanoic acid methyl ester market.
9-Decanoic Acid Methyl Ester: Application Segment
- Based on application, the global 9-decanoic acid methyl ester market can be segmented into personal care, pharmaceuticals, flavors & fragrances, and others
- The flavors & fragrances segment is projected to gain higher share of the global market during the forecast period. 9-decanoic acid methyl ester is used as an artificial flavoring agent in foods such as jams, jellies, dairy products, desserts, wines, and spices. Apart from that, it is widely used in perfumes due to its pleasant fragrance. Increase in disposable income and changing consumer lifestyles, as well as the expansion of the food and beverages industry, are some of the key factors driving the global 9-decanedioic acid methyl ester market.
- The personal care segment is projected to hold key share of the global 9-decanoic acid methyl ester market in the near future. 9-decanoic acid methyl ester is widely used by manufacturers as an ingredient in body washes, soaps, and hand cleaners. It can also be found in shampoos, lotions, anti-aging creams, foundations, and eyeliners. This is projected to boost the global market for 9-decanoic acid methyl ester in the next few years.
COVID-19 Impact on 9-Decanoic Acid Methyl Ester Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 214 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Manufacture of various consumer goods and other products across the globe came to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, etc. This is expected to hamper the 9-decanoic acid methyl ester market.
Asia Pacific to Hold Leading Share of 9-Decanoic Acid Methyl Ester Market
- In terms of region, the 9-decanoic acid methyl ester market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold major share of the global 9-decanoic acid methyl ester market, followed by North America and Europe, during the forecast period. Abundance of raw materials, such as palm oil and coconut oil, used in the production of 9-decanoic acid methyl ester is driving the market in the region. Palm oil production is high in countries such as Malaysia and Thailand due to the abundance of palm trees in the region's tropical areas. This, in turn, is estimated to drive the demand for 9-decanoic acid methyl ester in the near future.
- The 9-decanoic acid methyl ester market in Europe and North America is projected to expand at a rapid pace in the near future
Key Manufacturers Operating in 9-Decanoic Acid Methyl Ester Market
The 9-decanoic acid methyl ester market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the 9-decanoic acid methyl ester market include:
- Cayman Chemical
- LGC Limited
- Matreya LLC
- Tokyo Chemical Industry Co. Ltd.
- Merck KGaA
- Alfa Aesar
- MP Biomedicals
- Celanese Corporation
- Elevance Renewable Sciences Inc.
- Wilmar International Ltd.
9-Decanoic Acid Methyl Ester: Research Scope
9-Decanoic Acid Methyl Ester Market, by Type
- Natural 9-Dесаnоіс Acid Methyl Еѕtеr
- Sуnthеtіс 9-Dесаnоіс Асіd Меthуl Еѕtеr
9-Decanoic Acid Methyl Ester Market, by Application
- Personal Care
- Flavors & Fragrances
Global 9-Decanoic Acid Methyl Ester Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.