3D Medical & Surgical Imaging Market: Introduction
- Three-dimensional (3D) printing and medical imaging are associated. Medical imaging data can be appropriately segmented for providing geometric information from which realistic and accurate 3D medical models can be generated. The resulting models can be printed in a range of materials to suit their use as phantoms in medical imaging and radiation studies for medical imaging training and education or patient communication.
- 3D objects can be produced based on MRI or CT volumetric medical images. A spatial model can be extracted from image data sets and exported to machine-readable data by using dedicated post-processing algorithms. The spatial model data is used by special printers for the generation of final rapid prototype model.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global 3D Medical & Surgical Imaging Market
- The global 3D medical & surgical imaging market is driven by increasing modern visualization methods and technology platforms, and growing demand for 3D imaging in diagnosis and monitoring of chronic diseases
- Rise in adoption of minimally invasive procedures due to better patient outcomes and use of hybrid operating rooms are also factors fueling the growth of the 3D medical & surgical imaging market
- Increase in geriatric population and prevalence of chronic diseases are propelling the expansion of the global 3D medical & surgical imaging market
- Lack of skilled professionals, however, is anticipated to restrain the growth of the 3D medical & surgical imaging market
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive 3D Medical & Surgical Imaging Market Brochure
Strategies Adopted by Key Players to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Companies operating in the global 3D medical & surgical imaging market are focusing on meeting the needs of medical communities and patient population by developing technologically advanced products. Leading players are engaging in strategies, such as acquisitions, mergers, and collaborations to strengthen their position in the global market.
- In November 2018, GE Healthcare announced new applications and smart devices built on Edison, a platform that helps accelerate the development and adoption of the Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology and empower providers to deliver faster and more precise care. Edison is part of GE Healthcare’s US$ 1 billion digital portfolio and is expected to serve as a “digital thread” for its existing AI partnerships and products. Clinical partners would use Edison to develop algorithms, and technology partners would work with GE Healthcare to bring latest advancements in data processing to Edison applications and smart devices.
- In November 2018, Koninklijke Philips N.V., a global leader in the health technology, announced agreements with 3D Systems and Stratasys, two global leaders in the 3D printing industry to help progress patient care and improve clinician experience. Advanced 3D modeling provides radiologists with additional views to help strengthen anatomical knowledge, which could enhance clinical impact in reviewing complex and multi-disciplinary cases.
- In November 2018, GE Healthcare and VA Puget Sound Health Care System announced a partnership to accelerate the use of 3D imaging in health care.
- Emerging economies offer lucrative opportunities in the 3D medical & surgical imaging market for global players due to increase in patient population and rise in initiatives by governments in the health care sector
North America to Account for a Major Share of Global 3D Medical & Surgical Imaging Market
- North America is projected to hold a leading share of the global 3D medical & surgical imaging market due increase in health awareness, rise in patient population, a well-established health care infrastructure, technological advancements, and presence of key players in the region
- The 3D medical & surgical imaging market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to rise in patient population, increase in health care initiatives by governments of various countries in the region, and surge in incidences of chronic diseases, geriatric population, and interest of key players in expanding into the region
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom 3D Medical & Surgical Imaging Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global 3D Medical & Surgical Imaging Market
Leading players in the global 3D medical & surgical imaging market are focusing on research and development activities. Companies are focusing on various growth strategies, including mergers, acquisitions, product upgrades, product launches & approvals, partnerships, and collaborations. Leading players operating in the global 3D medical & surgical imaging market are:
- DICOM Grid, Inc. (dba Ambra Health)
- ESAOTE SPA
- GE Healthcare
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Siemens Healthcare GmbH
- Mach7 Technologies Ltd.
Global 3D Medical & Surgical Imaging Market: Research Scope
Global 3D Medical & Surgical Imaging Market, by Component
Global 3D Medical & Surgical Imaging Market, by Application
- Digital Radiography
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- Nuclear Imaging
Global 3D Medical & Surgical Imaging Market, by Distribution Channel
- Ambulatory & Health Care Settings
- Diagnostic Centers
- Research Centers
Global 3D Medical & Surgical Imaging Market, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.