1-Decene Market: Overview
- Decene is an alkene, i.e. unsaturated hydrocarbon, with chemical formula C10H20. It consists of a chain of 10 carbon atoms with one double bond.
- It is produced by oligomerization of ethylene or by breaking higher carbon content petroleum waxes. It is a white clear mobile liquid, which is toxic.
- There are several types of isomers of decene based on the position and geometry of double bonds. Of these isomers, 1-Decene is commonly used in industrial processes.
- It is used as a monomer in copolymers and is an intermediate in the production of epoxides, amines, synthetic lubricants, oxo alcohols, alkylated aromatics, and synthetic fatty acids.
- 1-Decene is majorly employed in the production of polyalphaolefins (PAO), a category of synthetic lubricants that is used as high performance synthetic lubricants for industrial gear systems and automatic transmission engines in aviation and marine sectors.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the 1-Decene Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of 1-Decene Market
- 1-Decene is used as a chemical intermediate in the production of detergents and their derivatives, which are employed in the manufacture of industrial surfactants. Demand for surfactants is increasing among end-use industries. This is boosting the demand for 1-Decene.
- Decrease in prices of raw materials is also expected to drive the global 1-Decene market during the forecast period.
Polyalphaolefins Segment to Expand Rapidly
- The polyalphaolefins segment constituted dominant share of the market in 2018. This trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period.
- Rapid growth of the automotive industry in Asia Pacific, flexible government taxation policies, rise in per capita income, rapid technological advancements in products and product offerings are projected to fuel the polyalphaolefins segment during the forecast period.
Synthetic Lubricants to Dominate Application Segment
- The synthetic lubricants segment is anticipated to dominate the market during the forecast period. Synthetic lubricants are widely used in engines in the automotive sector.
- Increasing requirements in cosmetic and food & beverage industries and rise in environmental regulations in the automotive sector are indirectly boosting the demand for synthetic lubricants. Increase in demand for synthetic lubricants is estimated to fuel the demand for 1-Decene during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Prominent Share of Global 1-Decene Market
- Geographically, the global 1-Decene market can be split across five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is a major region of the global 1-Decene market. It is anticipated to dominate the global market during forecast period.
- Developing economies such as India and China constitute major share of the market in Asia Pacific. India and China are expected to constitute large market share of the Asia Pacific region during the forecast period.
- 1-Decene is largely employed in synthetic lubricants that are used in engines in the automotive sector. Rise in per capita income and changing lifestyle in countries such as India and China in Asia Pacific are expected to fuel the automotive sector in Asia Pacific. This, in turn, is projected to augment the demand for 1-Decene in synthetic lubricants during forecast period.
- Belgium is the major country for 1-Decene in Europe. It is projected to be a dominant market during the forecast period. Presence of large industrial base of polyalphaolefins in Belgium makes it a high potential market for 1-Decene. However, Germany is expected to be a rapidly growing region of the 1-Decene market. Rapid expansion in the 1-Decene market in Germany can be ascribed to the growth in the automobile industry in the country; Germany is the leading manufacturer of automobiles in Europe.
- Demand for synthetic lubricants is high in North America, especially in the U.S. North America is expected account for a considerable share of the market during the forecast period.
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is anticipated to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period. Stringent government regulations and focus on sustainable development have substantially impacted the 1-Decene market in Europe. The market in Europe is projected to expand at a substantial CAGR during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on 1-Decene Market here
Key Players Operating in the 1-Decene Market
Prominent players operating in the 1-Decene market include:
- Shell Chemicals
- Chevron Phillips Chemical Company
- Sea-Land Chemical Company
- LG Chem Ltd.
- Exxon Mobil Corporation
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc.
- Qatar Chemical Company
Global 1-Decene Market: Research Scope
Global 1-Decene Market, by Derivative
- Oxo Alcohols
- Linear Alkyne Benzene
- Linear Mercaptans
- Chlorinated Olefins
- Alkyl Dimethylamine
- Di-alkyl Diethylamine
Global 1-Decene Market, by Application
- Synthetic Lubricants
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.