1-Decene Market: Overview
- Decene is an alkene, i.e. unsaturated hydrocarbon, with chemical formula C10H20. It consists of a chain of 10 carbon atoms with one double bond.
- It is produced by oligomerization of ethylene or by breaking higher carbon content petroleum waxes. It is a white clear mobile liquid, which is toxic.
- There are several types of isomers of decene based on the position and geometry of double bonds. Of these isomers, 1-Decene is commonly used in industrial processes.
- It is used as a monomer in copolymers and is an intermediate in the production of epoxides, amines, synthetic lubricants, oxo alcohols, alkylated aromatics, and synthetic fatty acids.
- 1-Decene is majorly employed in the production of polyalphaolefins (PAO), a category of synthetic lubricants that is used as high performance synthetic lubricants for industrial gear systems and automatic transmission engines in aviation and marine sectors.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the 1-Decene Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of 1-Decene Market
- 1-Decene is used as a chemical intermediate in the production of detergents and their derivatives, which are employed in the manufacture of industrial surfactants. Demand for surfactants is increasing among end-use industries. This is boosting the demand for 1-Decene.
- Decrease in prices of raw materials is also expected to drive the global 1-Decene market during the forecast period.
Polyalphaolefins Segment to Expand Rapidly
- The polyalphaolefins segment constituted dominant share of the market in 2018. This trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period.
- Rapid growth of the automotive industry in Asia Pacific, flexible government taxation policies, rise in per capita income, rapid technological advancements in products and product offerings are projected to fuel the polyalphaolefins segment during the forecast period.
Synthetic Lubricants to Dominate Application Segment
- The synthetic lubricants segment is anticipated to dominate the market during the forecast period. Synthetic lubricants are widely used in engines in the automotive sector.
- Increasing requirements in cosmetic and food & beverage industries and rise in environmental regulations in the automotive sector are indirectly boosting the demand for synthetic lubricants. Increase in demand for synthetic lubricants is estimated to fuel the demand for 1-Decene during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Prominent Share of Global 1-Decene Market
- Geographically, the global 1-Decene market can be split across five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is a major region of the global 1-Decene market. It is anticipated to dominate the global market during forecast period.
- Developing economies such as India and China constitute major share of the market in Asia Pacific. India and China are expected to constitute large market share of the Asia Pacific region during the forecast period.
- 1-Decene is largely employed in synthetic lubricants that are used in engines in the automotive sector. Rise in per capita income and changing lifestyle in countries such as India and China in Asia Pacific are expected to fuel the automotive sector in Asia Pacific. This, in turn, is projected to augment the demand for 1-Decene in synthetic lubricants during forecast period.
- Belgium is the major country for 1-Decene in Europe. It is projected to be a dominant market during the forecast period. Presence of large industrial base of polyalphaolefins in Belgium makes it a high potential market for 1-Decene. However, Germany is expected to be a rapidly growing region of the 1-Decene market. Rapid expansion in the 1-Decene market in Germany can be ascribed to the growth in the automobile industry in the country; Germany is the leading manufacturer of automobiles in Europe.
- Demand for synthetic lubricants is high in North America, especially in the U.S. North America is expected account for a considerable share of the market during the forecast period.
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is anticipated to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period. Stringent government regulations and focus on sustainable development have substantially impacted the 1-Decene market in Europe. The market in Europe is projected to expand at a substantial CAGR during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on 1-Decene Market here
Key Players Operating in the 1-Decene Market
Prominent players operating in the 1-Decene market include:
- Shell Chemicals
- Chevron Phillips Chemical Company
- Sea-Land Chemical Company
- LG Chem Ltd.
- Exxon Mobil Corporation
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc.
- Qatar Chemical Company
Global 1-Decene Market: Research Scope
Global 1-Decene Market, by Derivative
- Oxo Alcohols
- Linear Alkyne Benzene
- Linear Mercaptans
- Chlorinated Olefins
- Alkyl Dimethylamine
- Di-alkyl Diethylamine
Global 1-Decene Market, by Application
- Synthetic Lubricants
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.