Syphilis is a sexually transmitted disease that mostly results inchronic bacterial infection of bacterium treponem pallidum. It can spread through direct contact with the syphilis sore during vaginal, anal or oral sex. Moreover, it can also be causedfrom an infected mother to her unborn child. The symptoms of this disease is divided into stages like primary, secondary, latent syphilis and late syphilis. The primary and secondary stages show very mild indications such as non-itchy body rashes, fever and harmless bump on testicles. While in latent and late stages, more severe symptoms appear like difficulty in coordination muscle movement, blindness and dementia (mental disorder) and if untreated, it may cause long term health complications or death. Syphilis is treated with antibiotics such as penicillin and tetracycline.
One of the major factors influencing the market growth is consistent rise in the number of syphilis affected patients. According to the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, there were 49,000 new cases reported of syphilis in 2012. In addition, adoption of new technologies and development of novel assays drives the growth of this market during the forecast period. However, high cost of diagnostic test and regulatory constraints are the major restraining factors for the growth of this market.
The market of Syphilis Diagnostics can be segmented on the basis of:
- Molecular Diagnostics
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- Flow Cytometry
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Gel Microdroplets
- Differential Light Scattering
- Commercial/ Private Labs
- Blood Banks
- Public Health Labs
- Physician Offices
Geographically, North America and Europe dominate the global syphilis diagnostic testing marketdue to increasing incidences of unprotected sex. According to the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 55,000 people in the United States are infected by syphilis annually.In addition, Asia-Pacific countries such as India and China, South East Asia are the emerging regions for the global Syphilis Diagnosticsmarket due to high prevalence of these diseases (i.e. sexually transmitted diseases) coupled with increasing healthcare awareness.
Some of the major players competing in Syphilis Diagnostics market are Abbott Laboratories, Affymetrix, Beckman Coulter and Company, Cephaid, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., BioMerieux, Diamedix Corporation, DiaSorin, Novartis International AG, Eiken Chemical Co., Ltd., Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, F. Hoffman-La Roche, Ltd., ThermoFisher Scientific, Quagen and SeraCareLifeSciences.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments