Synthetic fibers are chemically processed artificial fibers manufactured by spinneret extrusion. They are synthesized polymers. The raw materials for the manufacture of synthetic fibers include petrochemicals among others. There are various types of synthetic fibers such as para aramids, meta aramids, carbon fiber, UHMW polyethylene and glass fiber.
UHMW polyethylene is used for ballistic protection. In addition, other fibers such as para and meta aramids are used in protective clothing. These fibers exhibit excellent durability, mechanical properties and thermal stability. Synthetic fibers are extensively used in textile and fiber technology. These fibers are manufactured by various methods such as melt spinning among others. Furthermore, they are more stain resistant than natural fabrics. Moreover, these fibers are resistant to fungi rot and insects, are easy to wash and are economical. However, they are more prone to heat damage.
Increasing demand for lighter, high strength materials in industries such as aerospace and automobile is expected to drive the demand for specialty synthetic fibers in near future. In addition, need for reduction in carbon dioxide emission may fuel the demand for these fibers further. However, most of the synthetic fibers are not bio-degradable. This may curb the demand for specialty synthetic fiber market on account of the increasing awareness regarding environmental protection. On-going research and development in use of specialty synthetic fibers in ligament tissue engineering coupled with developments in aerospace, horticulture and automobile industry are expected to open new avenues for this market within the forecast period. Asia Pacific is expected to witness the highest gain in market share over the next few years on account of rising number of manufacturing industries in this region.
Some of the key players of this market are DuPont, Toho Tenax, Royal DSM and Honeywell International Inc among others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments