Smart glass is also known as magic glass or switchable glass and has a wide range of applications in residential, commercial, architectural, and automotive industries. Smart glasses are used as sun roof tops (to control the amount of sunlight) and in rear view mirrors in vehicles. Smart glass technology includes suspended particle devices, liquid crystal devices, electrochromic devices, and micro-blinds.
The smart glass market is registering a healthy growth rate due to the growing automotive market. Eco-friendly and green buildings and non-electric technologies like thermochromics are also driving the growth of this market. Increased demand for smart glasses in the aviation industry also accelerated the growth of this market.
The high cost compared to their substitutes and lack of awareness among consumers is inhibiting the growth of this market. The penetration of smart glass applications in the automotive industry, particularly in emerging countries like India, China, and Brazil, presents a huge potential for this market.
Based on technologies, the global smart glass market is segmented into suspended particle devices, thermochromic devices, liquid crystal devices, electrochromic devices, and micro-blinds. Based on applications, the market is segmented into architectural, transportation, and others.
Some of the major participants in this industry include Asahi Glass Company Ltd., Vision Systems, Polytronix, Inc., PPG Industries Inc., RavenBrick LLC, Corning, INC., Domoticware, DuPont, Research Frontiers Inc., Sage Electronics, Saint-Gobain, Gentex Corporation, GlasNovations Ltd., Hitachi Chemical Co., Ltd., Scienstry, Inc, SmartGlass International Ltd., Soladigm, Innovative Glass, LTI Smart Glass Inc., Samsung, SPD Control Systems Corporation, and VELUX Danmark A/S.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments